Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers continues as a loss-making business - the losses mount up year on year covered by soft loans from unknown sources.  I suspect you couldn't justify a share issue big enough to cover these loans now.  

If King delivered on his original investment promise, the company could wipe out most of those debts and get back to something like an even footing.

Luckily for King, this season you have a competent manager who has managed to win the team promotion and, possibly, some serious silverware.  This has taken some of the heat out of what should be challenging commercial questions.  Questions such as 'does the extra Premiership and TV income allow us to break even in 2016/7?  Or will we need the merchandise money too? (ahem!)'

Just when investment is needed to bring in the 3 or 4 high quality players that are likely to be required to mount an effective season-long challenge against Celtic - no less will be expected by the majority of Rangers fans - he produces a squirrel.

As much as King has a chequered past and comes across as a total bullshitter, you cvan't really argue he has improved things for them in recent times.  The loss making was never a quick fix but unfortunately that is moving in the right direction for them.

They are doing fine so long as they have sympathetic shareholders backing them in the interim with soft loans.

As much as King has a chequered past and comes across as a total bullshitter, you cvan't really argue he has improved things for them in recent times.  The loss making was never a quick fix but unfortunately that is moving in the right direction for them.

They are doing fine so long as they have sympathetic shareholders backing them in the interim with soft loans.

Sensible post from Dons_1872

They need to square the circle of breaking even while having a good team.

Under McCoist and Green they managed neither.

The first one hasn't yet happened, but it's closer than it's been, while the second bit will be more demanding to achieve in future than it's recently been.

They are moving closer to both though and I expect the sickening duopoly to be re-established very soon.

The BBC news app is kind of saying that King is trying to lure Ashley into court over the rangers retail stores by denying them use of club copyright material.

Why would he want to get them into court and what would be a win for either side ?

Also saw that Ashley has a 7 year notice required on the retail side.

I expect the sickening duopoly to be re-established very soon.

The pathetic thing is that, as I said elsewhere, you don't see this as a diddy problem.  Absolutely not one Bear would be unhappy if, next season and the seasons thereafter, we were in a 4 or 5 team tussle.  We all love a good scrap.

The pathetic thing is that, as I said elsewhere, you don't see this as a diddy problem.  Absolutely not one Bear would be unhappy if, next season and the seasons thereafter, we were in a 4 or 5 team tussle.  We all love a good scrap.

I'm not sure the accusation is that your fans or even Celtic fans want the duopoly.

The duopoly though is there by design, it has been since the introduction of Sky to our game and they decided that the brand of Scottish football was Celtic and Rangers.  

The guilty parties in the duopoly are not the fans of any club.

I can't imagine many Rangers fans (sorry, I'm not going to refer to adults as bears) being happy to emerge fourth or fifth from such a scrap.

I can't imagine many Rangers fans (sorry, I'm not going to refer to adults as bears) being happy to emerge fourth or fifth from such a scrap.

Depends on the circumstances I s'pose.

off topic peeps :)

david murray making billions and pissing people off in edinburgh by being given permission to build thousands of homes on green belt land against expert advise

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-erupts-former-rangers-owner-7991470#rlabs=2%20rt$category%20p$4

Soon be no countryside left soli.

f**k you Pie and Bovril and your denunciation of The Big Thread.  A Sellick-minded, diddy-supporting Teuchter handing out lessons in cod French?

Only on The BRALT!

I always preferred "Le grand château doit rester ouvert, c'est la ligne de fond!".
Charles-Green.jpg
Did Ibrox the horse actually ever win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe?

I always preferred "Le grand château doit rester ouvert, c'est la ligne de fond!".
Charles-Green.jpg
Did Ibrox the horse actually ever win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe?

A welcome diversion, chap.  The diddies who talked about '7 years' will welcome this.

off topic peeps :)

david murray making billions and pissing people off in edinburgh by being given permission to build thousands of homes on green belt land against expert advise

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fury-erupts-former-rangers-owner-7991470#rlabs=2%20rt$category%20p$4

Well off topic but thank f**k i moved. A school as well as those houses just across from gogar roundabout... and i thought that road couldnt be more of a clusterfuck here's david murray to brighten the day.

For every 5 cars stuck in traffic he wants 10

Going by today's news Rangers are making attempts to stem the financial problems, the board seem to be making progress on and off the pitch.

Bennett, can you expand on why you think yesterday's announcement helps Rangers'financial problems?  You'll go from a reported '4p in the pound' to zero.  If you set up a competing merchandising operation, SDI will pull you into expensive long-term litigation. Even if Rangers win that fight, it'll be years before they see their costs back.

It could be that with Newcastle being relegated that this places Ashley in a dilemma, he is not allowed to have commercial interests in a Scottish club, I imagine the English football league would look dimly on him trying to secure this interest.

Didn't Ogilvie have shares in Rangers whilst at Hearts?

It could be that with Newcastle being relegated that this places Ashley in a dilemma, he is not allowed to have commercial interests in a Scottish club, I imagine the English football league would look dimly on him trying to secure this interest.

This may well play a part. I'd imagine too that the Rangers board feels emboldened by Ashley's recent courtroom defeats and is going for it in the hope that he'll either lose this one too, or decide not to contest the tearing up of the contract.

I've said it before: Although obviously less serious, this dispute is like that in Syria - there is no good guy.

I can see why that would mean he had to sell his shares in the club/company/whatever but not why it would affect the SDI deal.  If that were the case, then Adidas and Nike would be in serious trouble, too.

Bennett, can you expand on why you think yesterday's announcement helps Rangers'financial problems? You'll go from a reported '4p in the pound' to zero. If you set up a competing merchandising operation, SDI will pull you into expensive long-term litigation. Even if Rangers win that fight, it'll be years before they see their costs back.

I don't think so. Ashley has to distance himself from all his Rangers stock now due to English football league rules. King has him where he wants him. Ashley cannot go toe to toe with King on anything to do with Rangers or he will lose his stakeholdings at Newcastle.

A very well played move by King.

Didn't Ogilvie have shares in Rangers whilst at Hearts?

Which English division do Rangers and/or Hearts play in?