Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Nah, I'm not accepting this until Nacho comments.

Do you think this is true? Do you think there is a document somewhere in which UEFA describe Rangers as a "new club/company"?

I will miss all the debates and mental gymnastics if so. :(

3 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Do you think this is true? Do you think there is a document somewhere in which UEFA describe Rangers as a "new club/company"?

I will miss all the debates and mental gymnastics if so. :(

Unless CQN are telling a huge porkie or indulging in some very selective quoting, it would appear that there is.  There's some discussion over what the slash means -'club or company' versus 'club and company'.  

I'm not sure it makes much difference, to be honest: either interpretation suggests that the entity that was a member of UEFA no longer exists.

Unless CQN are telling a huge porkie or indulging in some very selective quoting, it would appear that there is.  There's some discussion over what the slash means -'club or company' versus 'club and company'.  

I'm not sure it makes much difference, to be honest: either interpretation suggests that the entity that was a member of UEFA no longer exists.

Hmmm. It certainly represents the last straw they have to grasp at very well.

Indeed.  Yoofa are 100% right.  We're a new club/company.

How would you interpret the use of the virgule in this instance?

The slash

Slashes are commonly used to signify alternatives as in “and/or” and “his/her,” and they can also appear in place of the word “and,” as in “She’s a writer/producer/actor.” Slashes are used in abbreviations like “a/c” (account current, air conditioning),  ”w/o” (without), “w/r/t” (with respect/regard to), and “c/o” (care of, cash order, certificate of origin), and they’re also used in place of the word “per” in phrases like “50 miles/hour.” Additionally, slashes separate numbers in written English as in dates and fractions.

The quoted text/reply "a new club/company" contained within a legal response to solicitors is not difficult to comprehend.

Is it?

I just want to be sure before cementing my opinion on the matter.

Probably best to wait until the evidence is public and not just a blogger (lol) having a laugh.

Besides.

I don't want it to end. It's been too much fun.

True: Will Tedi delete his posts before or after the unveiling? Will Nacho follow follow? Will there be any tear stained resignations and from whom? These are now the pertinent questions.

It will change nothing really, it will just shift the balance of evidence.

41 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

How would you interpret the use of the virgule in this instance?

I wouldn't bother to think about it too much.  Clearly the phrase doesn't mean "We're a new club" as The DA (above) agrees.

So just Scottish law plus UEFA versus?

What happens if they do manage to discredit the SFA by getting the CFCB to hold an investigation/enquiry?

The fun is just beginning.

The Rangers fans will never accept the new club argument. The balance of evidence will have shifted but the mindsets will not

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I wouldn't bother to think about it too much.  Clearly the phrase doesn't mean "We're a new club" as The DA (above) agrees.

So because you think that the DA says so the wording clearly indicates that Rangers are not a new club?

Are you honestly trying that hard to believe?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only a football club can hold a UEFA license.  The club that was a member of UEFA would appear to be dead - UEFA have said so.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  Yoofa are 100% right.  We're a new club/company.

Either uefa or some kunt from cqn but a / is a / and you can't argue with that.

24 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

So because you think that the DA says so the wording clearly indicates that Rangers are not a new club?

22 minutes ago, The DA said:

Only a football club can hold a UEFA license.  The club that was a member of UEFA would appear to be dead - UEFA have said so.

Waffle waffle waffle.  I simply stated that the phrase doesn't mean "We're a new club".  You must both, surely, agree with that.  If you don't then you're compelled to hold the ludicrous belief that, "We know Rangers are a new club because a letter from UEFA said something different".

Edited by The_Kincardine

Waffle waffle waffle.  I simply stated that the phrase doesn't mean "We're a new club".  You must both, surely, agree with that.  If you don't then you're compelled to hold the ludicrous belief that, "We know Rangers are a new club because a letter from UEFA said something different".

What does it say then?

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How can you read ' a 'new club/company” was formed which was ineligible to apply for a licence to participate in UEFA competitions for three seasons' as meaning anything other than that the entity ('club' and 'company' being treated interchangeably)  which previously held a license, lost that license due to dying? 

How can you read ' a 'new club/company” was formed which was ineligible to apply for a licence to participate in UEFA competitions for three seasons' as meaning anything other than that the entity ('club' and 'company' being treated interchangeably)  which previously held a license, lost that license due to dying? 

They never accepted the truth when we told them, why believe UEFA?