Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wasn't aware that there were different colours of domestic licenses.  We also both agree that our new company has the same license as the old one.  My assumption was the there needed to be 3 years of audited accounts but, as I said, I'm perfectly happy for our change of corporate structure to be the reason.

Again, noting to see here, really.  If you're trying to argue we've been SFA members for a short number of years then you've a lot of work to do to make a case.

So. That definition of what a club/company is?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I wasn't aware that there were different colours of domestic licenses.  We also both agree that our new company has the same license as the old one.  My assumption was the there needed to be 3 years of audited accounts but, as I said, I'm perfectly happy for our change of corporate structure to be the reason.

Again, noting to see here, really.  If you're trying to argue we've been SFA members for a short number of years then you've a lot of work to do to make a case.

go on, say it.... you secretly want come out and say it..........'new club'

I'll say 'new club' when posters on here stop treating us like the old club.  Deal?

See if you could define club for us it would be helpful.

You use words like "we" and "us" when referring to the club. What is your relationship to the club?

Back to the dave king email.. i thought he was chairman of the holding company not the club. I thought the holding company was the rangers international football club (TRIFC) whilst the club is TRFC.

IIRC TRFC owe TRIFC a lot of money (in the accounts i think)?

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

See if you could define club for us it would be helpful.

How would that progress any discussion?  We all know we're the same club and the behaviour of you diddies towards us is simply icing on the cake.

I used 'we' again as fans are, of course, part of a club's ecosystem.

1 hour ago, MoshiniBellend said:

You already said "new club", you just don't realise it.

You're being daft now, Dhens.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, MoshiniBellend said:

The club/legal entity is the company.

Now you're adding your own 'slash', Dhen, and came up with a sentence that absolutely no one understands.

You're not suggesting that a club and its associated company registration number are coterminous, Shirley?  That would be a perverse argument to hold simply to try and prove we're a new club.

7 minutes ago, MoshiniBellend said:

As Stoney said it might simplify matters if you clearly define the interpretation of club you are using for your assumptions,

It's clearly not the definition contained within Scottish Law or UEFA rules/regulations.

How does Scots Law define a football club?

I'll edit this post rather than reply to your next point....so may I assume that Celtic's history has a one to one mapping with its company registration?

Edited by The_Kincardine

How does Scots Law define a football club?

I'll edit this post rather than reply to your next point....so may I assume that Celtic's history has a one to one mapping with its company registration?

The financial fair play rules came into force in 2011. Anything prior to that is moot due to the difference in the rules.

2 minutes ago, MoshiniBellend said:

Scots Law courts recognise a club has to be a legal entity to conduct business, unless the club is an unincorporated association, and any suggestion otherwise has been thoroughly ridiculed.

Someone should commission a legal beagle to have an opinion on this.  Maybe someone with impeccable credentials.  Perhaps a former Senator of the College of Justice, a judge of the Supreme Courts of Scotland, sitting in the High Court of Justiciary and the Inner House of the Court of Session.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if said renown expert said something like, "While there can be no question of subjecting the new owner and operator to sanctions, there are sanctions which could be imposed in terms of the Rules which are capable of affecting the Club as a continuing entity (even though not an entity with legal personality), and which thus might affect the interest of the new owner and operator in it.” 

I have no doubt, if such a statement was ever to be made, that every diddy would agree that the club and company are not the same thing.  I live in hope.

Just now, stonedsailor said:

The financial fair play rules came into force in 2011. Anything prior to that is moot due to the difference in the rules.

So may I assume that Celtic's history has a one to one mapping with its company registration?

Someone should commission a legal beagle to have an opinion on this.  Maybe someone with impeccable credentials.  Perhaps a former Senator of the College of Justice, a judge of the Supreme Courts of Scotland, sitting in the High Court of Justiciary and the Inner House of the Court of Session.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if said renown expert said something like, "While there can be no question of subjecting the new owner and operator to sanctions, there are sanctions which could be imposed in terms of the Rules which are capable of affecting the Club as a continuing entity (even though not an entity with legal personality), and which thus might affect the interest of the new owner and operator in it.” 

I have no doubt, if such a statement was ever to be made, that every diddy would agree that the club and company are not the same thing.  I live in hope.

UEFA trump the SFA. Sorry dude.

Just now, MoshiniBellend said:

Celtic's company corporation structure, their legal entity, still contains it's incorporation date from 2 April 1897.  

Remind me of Sevco's start up date - 1890? 1901?  1945? 1967? 1999? 2004? 2010? Am I getting warm?

So Ra Hoops started in 1897?  Is this what we're agreeing?

Maybe if such a statement was made in a court of law, rather than as part of a concerted effort by vested interests to preserve a discredited status quo...

No? Carry on, then. A couple more days of this and I'm sure someone will be saluting your indefatigability.

5 minutes ago, MoshiniBellend said:
5 minutes ago, MoshiniBellend said:

We are not agreeing anything. That is when the unincorporated association became incorporated.

So is the club the company or is it not?  Did Sellick start in 1888 or 1897?