Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

34 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
42 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Once again we are forced to come to the defence of this great institution to which the chosen few are committed  ("belong" might be more appropriate - JT)
As in days of yore, this great club, the epitome of dignity and right, is under scurrilous, nefarious, even, attack from the agents of Rome. ("those who do not have the best interests of Scottish football at heart" - JT) Whilst a dignified silence is our customary reaction to such calumnies, on this occasion we must put pen to paper - actually finger to keyboard (to inject a bit of levity into this serious situation) - to defend our great club, founded 145 years ago (Subs, please check - JT) by 5 Orangemen on the banks of the Boyne ("5 fishermen on the banks of the Clyde" - JT)
We have, over the years, suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, and come back ever stronger to crush our enemies and put them firmly in the back of the bus ("back in their box" - JT), and this will be no different as we rise above these libellous slanders concocted by jealous obsessives, who are not fit to lace the brown broques of our players
Make no mistake, our very reputation as a dignified pillar of the establishment is under threat because of these slanderous libels, but we will bring the full panoply of our extensive armoury to bear on those who traduce us, as we defend ourselves, which is an entitlement of all accused.
As our founder so eloquently put it - "He that is without sin, cast the first stone".
Those who cherish and revere this great club can sleep easy in their beds this evening as we go forth to battle our enemies. Our day will come ("We will prevail" - JT)

*brogues*

Is "brogues" not a fen tarr tai Irish word? You could hardly expect JT to be familiar with a foreign word, Shirley?

On 19/05/2018 at 10:08, Jacksgranda said:

Is "brogues" not a fen tarr tai Irish word? You could hardly expect JT to be familiar with a foreign word, Shirley?

Brogues trace their roots to a rudimentary shoe originating in Ireland that was constructed using untanned hide.[4]Brogues were traditionally considered to be outdoor or country footwear not otherwise appropriate for casual or business occasions.

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2018 at 12:11, Estragon said:

This is a rhetoric that you hear all the time on this subject, but to my mind can be an extremely damaging line that's used to cover things up that organisations would rather not confront. 

It's not necessarily a point-scoring exercise to state that an organisation's response to a sexual allegation is inadequate.  Of course it's not acceptable to suggest that Rangers, or Celtic, or the BBC, or the Catholic Church, or any other organisation is automatically complicit in sexual abuse if it happens within their boundaries - but IMO there exists a social responsibility to scrutinise that organisation's reaction.

It absolutely is a point scoring exercise. In the case of Scottish football, it is majoritively Rangers fans that lead the charge on this. It certainly isn’t acceptable in any way, but what is for sure is that historic cases of this kind of thing happened when our society was a very different place. Not excusing it one bit mind you. One thing’s for sure, justice will not be served by a mob of baying  Rangers fans wrapped up in ‘faux’ disgrace at their rival club’s past, using it as some sort of ultimate moral stance to get one over on them. Not once have I heard a Rangers fan talk about the victims in this and there’s no way on Earth anyone would give any creedence to a crowd of bigoted football fans who seem to take more personal gain from the issue than resolution for the victims. A Celtic fan here who understands the issue completely but will always and only accept a full investigation by the law into the matter, not some blinkered, bigoted attempt at justice from the ‘guardians’ of children’s rights and safe guarding in Ibrox. Fans that are so hell bent on blackening the name of a Scottish legend who even their own legend managers respect above all. In fact, blackening the name of a guy who showed his real colours by picking the dead from stairway 13.

On 28/06/2018 at 20:02, Jimboyjones1976 said:

A Celtic fan here who understands the issue completely but will always and only accept a full investigation by the law into the matter, not some blinkered, bigoted attempt at justice from the ‘guardians’ of children’s rights and safe guarding in Ibrox. Fans that are so hell bent on blackening the name...

Really quite reminiscent of that Rangers statement.

It gets more intriguing. King stated in an interview a while back that he had no intention of making an offer. TP insisted that it needed to be in a UK account for ringfencing and just sit there. I don’t get how King’s getting away with not making an offer to share holders. My feeling is that once the money is in a UK account, TP will take over control of it and make an offer to the share holders in an attempt to prompt King into following the law on this matter. If the TP had no intention of making an offer then why ringfence this money.

King also stated that he deliberately run some the club at a deficit. Can someone explain this to me? The only reason I can think of running at a deficit is so that a company doesn’t have to pay more tax on their profits. In his own words he implies that his losses would be less if it wasn’t for his deliberate deficit stance. So how has the deficit materialised? Is that why he bought a load of shite last season? Is that why he’s turned down £11M from China? Surely he has an obligation to make the best for his shareholders. And how does this stance sit with UEFA fair play rules?

Link’s here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-qa-full-rangers-12497577

15 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

It gets more intriguing. King stated in an interview a while back that he had no intention of making an offer. TP insisted that it needed to be in a UK account for ringfencing and just sit there. I don’t get how King’s getting away with not making an offer to share holders. My feeling is that once the money is in a UK account, TP will take over control of it and make an offer to the share holders in an attempt to prompt King into following the law on this matter. If the TP had no intention of making an offer then why ringfence this money.

King also stated that he deliberately run some the club at a deficit. Can someone explain this to me? The only reason I can think of running at a deficit is so that a company doesn’t have to pay more tax on their profits. In his own words he implies that his losses would be less if it wasn’t for his deliberate deficit stance. So how has the deficit materialised? Is that why he bought a load of shite last season? Is that why he’s turned down £11M from China? Surely he has an obligation to make the best for his shareholders. And how does this stance sit with UEFA fair play rules?

Link’s here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-qa-full-rangers-12497577

Can't see it tbh.

As far as I'm aware, any club based at Ibrox has always made sure to pay tax.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't see it tbh.

As far as I'm aware, any club based at Ibrox has always made sure to pay tax.

As they should. Imagine dear Auld Bettie Windsor shivering away in the cold because she can't pay her heating bill.

14 minutes ago, nsr said:

As they should. Imagine dear Auld Bettie Windsor shivering away in the cold because she can't pay her heating bill.

It would be a shocking affair in any owner of the Queens 11 withheld tax money from everyone's favourite German. 

Totally unacceptable, thankfully has never happened. 

1 hour ago, Jdog said:

But I thought King had chased Ashley off,that's what I get for reading the laptop loyal.... but oh dear, looks like big Mike still controls the merch:lol:

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWHC/Comm/2018/1697.html&query=(Rangers)+AND+(king)

Did you read it?