Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers had the deadline of today to pay Dundee United £250,000 cup money, and GAIS Gothenburg are also waiting on £250,000 for the transfer of Mervan Celik but haven't heard anything from since Monday. Where does that leave the clubs due from these situations. Will they only receive a fraction of what they are due or will they receive payments?

BBC Radio 2 said that HMRC are going to pursue Rangers for their money even if they come back as a new club

and with Rangers owing more than 25% of their debt to HMRC, HMRC can block any attempt that adminstrators try for a CVA 8)

So can HMRC do this or can the "new club" wash their hands of the tax due from the current club? This is clear as mud :blink:

Fans say lots of things, but I doubt many will boycott their own clubs, it's counter-intuitive.

Further you got £1.1M in SPL prizemoney last season and are on track for £1.4M this season. Your turnover on most recent figures (09-10) was £4.1M with a wage bill of £2.9M. You've since had to cutback, IIRC?

If half or more of that prizemoney evaporates as TV/sponsor cash disappears, and cups/crowds too, who's filling the funding gap? Fans? Stevie Brown?

That's the problem created by the sporting aspect, and the financial aspect, being co-reliant.

This fan will maintain this stance.They can go fucking screw themselves..

Also, would you care to address the other part of my post regarding EVERY club just doing the same??

Really ??blink.gif Has the Tax Tribunal upheld the claim then, or are you assuming something not yet factual ?

basically said they were going to pursue Rangers for the money owed even if they come back as a new club ... as they are the biggest debtor they could block any attempt they try for a CVA

My link

We're sorry you're in admin, give us the money :)

The Dunfermline board should have worded that article with the exact same wording as Rangers themselves used to Airdrieonians many moons ago, and just changed the team names.

Also, would you care to address the other part of my post regarding EVERY club just doing the same??

Hmm, quite. Regardless of what happens in the months ahead, including a St Johnstone "Yes" vote for Rangers to be reinstated back into the SPL, I'd still attend as many Saints matches as I can. It's what I have and always will do regardless of the circumstances surrounding the Club or Scottish Football at any given time.

So your support of St Johnstone extends only as far as either [1] gladly accepting a black hole in the clubs finances, or [2] if the club acted in a way to avoid that, you react by boycotting your own club...?

Wonderful.

I've no idea about every other club doing similarly. But clubs have done it previously, e.g. Leeds Utd.

If it became widespread, I imagine it'd be cracked-down upon, plus banks etc. would stop dealing with football as it'd be too risky.

Rangers had the deadline of today to pay Dundee United £250,000 cup money, and GAIS Gothenburg are also waiting on £250,000 for the transfer of Mervan Celik but haven't heard anything from since Monday. Where does that leave the clubs due from these situations. Will they only receive a fraction of what they are due or will they receive payments?

I don't think Rangers are able to legally pay these debts unless they are essential to Rangers being able to operate. Administration is a protection from debt collectors and more than likely United and GAIS won't get a penny until administration ends, whatever route that takes.

basically said they were going to pursue Rangers for the money owed even if they come back as a new club ... as they are the biggest debtor they could block any attempt they try for a CVA

Can't be done I'm afraid.

If my bread shop goes tits up owing HMRC dough (biggrin.gif) and someone else buys the shop from the administrators to start his own bread shop, the new shop owes HMRC nothing........ see how this works ?

If RFC as an entity dies (liquidates) then the debt is a write off. No-one could resurrect RFC as an entity without coughing up to HMRC but who in their right mind would do that ?

New name - new game. Welcome to the sewer known a business law and taxation....ph34r.gif

celtic and the old firm lapdog aberdeen would vote in a millisecond to keep them in. hibs, st.j, st.m, well and ict would probably go along with them as usual. killie and dundee utd would have quandary as johnson and thomson wont want to do it, but will eventually agree because they need the tv money. which only leaves dunfermline and hearts to have the guts to tell them to feck off

Don't know what's been said in the other pages, but I think the timing of this is all planned. Leagues lost so they will forfeit 10 points. Resulting in them finishing 2nd 14pts behind instead of 4. Arrange a deal with creditors pay them xpence in the £. Get out of administration by the end of March. Start next season in Champions league and debt free.

What should happen is the SPL should look at it in the same way the English looked at Leeds. Who went into administration after they were already relegated. The league decided they were trying to avoid their punishment and the deduction was held over to the following season.

that wont be the tax man though,im pretty sure he will without doubt be wanting 100 pence in the £.

and rightly so.another point.if whyte hasnt been paying taxes or NI payments for staff,if they are made unemployed they will be due heehaw of the jobseekrs benefit.through no fault of there own and purely down to whyte who should be jailed if this is the case,maeby thats why he has jumped on a jet.

I'd be the same as Ghostie, if a new Rangers were to be allowed straight back into the SPL, Dunfermline Athletic or any other SPL team would not see another penny of my money as the SPL would be endorsing cheating.

that wont be the tax man though,im pretty sure he will without doubt be wanting 100 pence in the £.

and rightly so.another point.if whyte hasnt been paying taxes or NI payments for staff,if they are made unemployed they will be due heehaw of the jobseekrs benefit.through no fault of there own and purely down to whyte who should be jailed if this is the case,maeby thats why he has jumped on a jet.

The are not going to get that and given that they (HMRC) knocked back £10 million in January 2011 it is not the money they are interested in any more. It is making an example of a football club and Rangers unfortunately are the club they have chosen to make an example of.

I assume that Rangers will no longer be able to sell tickets for away games. I'm assuming too that Strathclyde Police are being paid up-front given that the club haven't paid a single bill for months.

*deep breath

Yes they can. The club, being IN ADMINISTRATION, operates as normal but with a greater control of income and expenditure. ie the administrator controls what gets spent and where income goes - all to the stated aim of protecting potential creditors' interests.

This is what they mean by trading under administration. Suppliers and the like can trade safely from that point knowing that they will get paid for anything incurred from the DAY THE ADMINISTRATION STARTED.

There's shit loads more to it but my head hurts and you get the idea ? ................please smile.gif