Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This thread will soon have had a quarter of a million views and 4000 replies. Is this the most popular thread ever?

Probably...but only because the administrators haven't done their job properly.

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

Aye you were bloody lucky that day because Paddy Flannery missed a sitter in the last minute :D

This thread will soon have had a quarter of a million views and 4000 replies. Is this the most popular thread ever?

Every Celtic fan who was in Seville has been on this thread rolleyes.gif

Despite Vikington's belief that Whyte is an idiot and not a genuis, this is how I believe it willl pan out. Everybody shafted except Whyte and bizarrely, Rangers emerge stronger as they have no debt and no deal with Ticketus. Whyte can either lease the assets or sell. Rangers would be an attractive investment for a buyer IMHO without the debt or the mortgaged tickets.

As much as i wish you were right i just cant see it. It would be morally wrong for a Phoenix Rangers club to be allowed straight back into the SPL with no punishment. At the same time i am not sure i would buy a season ticket knowing we had a 15 point penalty and give my hard earned money to clubs who were making life difficult for us. My choice would be a wee trip down to the 3rd division and start again..spread our money through the divisions and it would benefit the whole of Scottish football. Hopefully the 'other' SPL clubs would close the gap on celtic who have a history of just doing enough to win the league and in 3 years time we would have a more competitive SPL and clubs throughout the leagues will have benefitted from more exposure and hopefully a TV deal for the SFL.

Wasn't Hugh Adam banned from ever going to Ibrox again after telling Murray to start paying tax?

He's not really a Rangers fan, his wife was independently wealthy and the latter part of his career was just trolling f**k out of Murray. He must be in his 80s now.

I'm now beginning to believe that the auditors are allowing no redundancies as they'll have gate money tomorrow (but why are the S.Ts still valid if they need cash that badly?). Given that Celtic will be there, unless its a title decider(!!!), two weeks later i really wont be surprised if there are no playing redundancies at all.

Chris McLauchlin tweets:

The delay in announcement has nothing to do with administrators winning order to sieze 3.6m of cash held by Whyte's lawyer.

If no consensus amongst players at #Rangers soon, administrators will take it out of their hands.

My understanding is that delay in #Rangers announcement due to international week and lack of consensus amongst players about best option.

Looks like team morale might not be too high for tomorrow.

Edit to tidy up

Edited by iceblink

Glory hunter.

:lol:

Not much glory in travelling to Berwick/Stranraer/Elgin/Annan on a cold winters day / night..But i would rather be starting on an even footing. Why should i give my money to clubs who are making the club start at a disadvantage? The other clubs in the SPL would continue to cash in on our support and the TV deal we generate..Nah bollocks to that...3rd division for me. Anyway...You don't need us remember :P

As much as i wish you were right i just cant see it. It would be morally wrong for a Phoenix Rangers club to be allowed straight back into the SPL with no punishment. At the same time i am not sure i would buy a season ticket knowing we had a 15 point penalty and give my hard earned money to clubs who were making life difficult for us. My choice would be a wee trip down to the 3rd division and start again..spread our money through the divisions and it would benefit the whole of Scottish football. Hopefully the 'other' SPL clubs would close the gap on celtic who have a history of just doing enough to win the league and in 3 years time we would have a more competitive SPL and clubs throughout the leagues will have benefitted from more exposure and hopefully a TV deal for the SFL.

You would probably enjoy it, away days in the likes of Annan, Brechin and Peterhead. How long it would take small town Scotland to recover from the Mad Max style dystopia you would leave behind is another matter.

You would probably enjoy it, away days in the likes of Annan, Brechin and Peterhead. How long it would take small town Scotland to recover from the Mad Max style dystopia you would leave behind is another matter.

I know i would. Arbroath was a great day out and TBH i miss the wee old fashioned grounds like that. My only fear is the novelty of it all would wear of with many and the crowds at home games would dwindle away after the first few months...Then again that might not be a bad thing as i am sure other clubs would pick up some of the disenchanted support

Either that or there isn't actually a legally binding clause in the TV deal which stipulates that Rangers must be present in the SPL, which imo, would see 'Rangers 2012' start from the 3rd Division without much financial impact on the remaining SPL clubs. This would actually suit Rangers.

This is what I don't understand. I know the talk about the clause in the Sky contract has been going about for ages now and I've not said anything for fear of sounding really thick, but can Sky actually do that? The deal is with the SPL, if the SPL agreed to it does that not raise serious questions about competition? Not only would it mean the SPL had implicitly agreed to neither half of the OF being relegated, but also that neither of them end up in the bottom 6 without the other. I know until very recently this was so unlikely to ever happen that it almost seems an irrelevance, but it's the principle of it and the legal point that I'm interested in.

Wasn't Hugh Adam banned from ever going to Ibrox again after telling Murray to start paying tax?

He's not really a Rangers fan, his wife was independently wealthy and the latter part of his career was just trolling f**k out of Murray. He must be in his 80s now.

90s I believe, probably won't stop someone on rangers media deciding they want to kill him though.

Edit: He is 84, point stands though.

Edited by Jussy

So they went into administration 18 days ago now. Can somebody please tell me why? Very little has changed, other than the 10 point deduction, which makes bugger all difference now anyway. They`ve got rid of a player that didn`t play & a couple of suits, & halted production of the club magazine. Don`t think I`ve seen an administration quite like it. 18 days & they have made no attempts at altering their out of control cash-flow problems. Nothing will happen over the weekend with a game being on, so earliest will now be Monday, taking it up to 3 weeks!

Seems to me that the administrators are not acting on behalf of the creditors at all!

This is what I don't understand. I know the talk about the clause in the Sky contract has been going about for ages now and I've not said anything for fear of sounding really thick, but can Sky actually do that? The deal is with the SPL, if the SPL agreed to it does that not raise serious questions about competition? Not only would it mean the SPL had implicitly agreed to neither half of the OF being relegated, but also that neither of them end up in the bottom 6 without the other. I know until very recently this was so unlikely to ever happen that it almost seems an irrelevance, but it's the principle of it and the legal point that I'm interested in.

There would still be a deal in place but it would be renegotiated and at a much reduced rate

At the same time i am not sure i would buy a season ticket knowing we had a 15 point penalty and give my hard earned money to clubs who were making life difficult for us.

This is exactly the problem in attitude from the Rangers fans - you are not going to get punished out of spite from other clubs - you cheated, you got caught, and now you must take your medicine. There are no teams making life difficult for you - by evading tax and spending money that wasn't yours to spend you have made life difficult for yourselves.

There would still be a deal in place but it would be renegotiated and at a much reduced rate

I understand that, but doesn't that in itself suggest the SPL as a body has a vested interest in making sure that doesn't happen? Is that legal? I don't know, just wondering if anyone else does.