Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It doesn't. He was booted off the board for asking financial questions

Ironic

and therefore would escape culpability.

As a director he was there to keep the company's interests not be minty moonbeams lickspittle, he's as culpable as the rest.

So, are we to assume that administration, leading to liquidation has been planned all along by Whyte (and possibly others) with the sole objective of leaving HMRC high and dry, and with the debt run up in Whyte's 10 month tenure, plus the big tax case simply disappearing into the ether?

Someone then buys Rangers and are banking on the SPL taking it up the arse and welcoming them back without question, as FC Rangers of Glasgow. They may lose their history, they may not - but even if they do, it's a price worth paying to make those annoying HMRC debts disappear. Rangers actually do emerge 'fitter and stronger' as Whyte said they would.

If this is how Whyte has planned it, and it starts to pan out this way - the Sky TV aspect, and the loss of visiting Rangers fans aspect surely becomes less important than is being made out at present.

We would then be looking at SPL chairmen and the custodians of our game allowing a cheating debt-ridden club to have bought a decade or more of success on money they firstly never had, and secondly deviously avoided paying back, to ride roughshod over any semblance of sporting competition integrity, purely because they are a big club, and 'are the people'.

This says nothing about possible illegal player contracts, trading while insolvent, and directors and ex-directors squabbling lke infants and threatening to sue each other. It says nothing about them being fined for not disclosing their owner had been banned from being a company director, and says nothing about him lying about the Ticketus deal.... or so many other unsavoury aspects to this club and the people who own it.

If the SPL board and/or member club Chairmen actually vote to allow any Newco Rangers to effectively carry on as normal - given the path that allowed a Newco Rangers to exist, it would be beyond a disgrace.

Scottish football would be over for me if this happened. I don't know how others feel. I love St Mirren, but I simply would not buy a season ticket for something so corrupt as the Scottish Premier League. I'd be on the golf course every Saturday. End of.

Edited by pozbaird

If any of the above were true, don't you honestly think Whyte or Sir David Murray would have tried that wheeze themselves?

The above completely skips over the various HMRC issues, the Stock Exchange issue, the EBT issues, the lying to the SFA over secondary contracts issues (perhaps with the acquiescence of Campbell Ogilvie during his last time at SFA HQ, which could create a real s**tstorm at UEFA), as if they'll magically go away and taking over Rangers can be like starting a new game of Football Manager or whatever with a completely clean slate - "oh, that wasn't working well, I'll just start again from scratch with all my cheats in place" - never mind the current UEFA crackdown on clubs and football associations far bigger than some diddy team in a diddy league with delusions of grandieur.

The Orcs have got themselves into such a massive mess that their only survival chance is someone coming along agreeing to buy up the club and pay out the back debts, and in the middle of a global recession that's not going to happen.

They are, in effect, beyond saving.

Whyte can't due to his impending director ban and the number of times that he has screwed HMRC over (his name is probably what hardened their stance)

(bear in mind HMRC can now demand a deposit against future vat and payee!)

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier on the thread but a check of the Companies House website reveals "Rangers Football Club of Glasgow Ltd" was set up last month. Registered to a Kirkcaldy address and could be nothing - someone set up a few Glasgow Rangers companies at the end of last year for some fun.

Amusingly also found there is a company called RangersMedia Forum :lol:

EDIT: A "Rangers Supports Consortium Ltd" was set up last week - registered to a Berwick address which should ease their move to England. There's also a "Glasgow Rangers Club Football Ltd" and a "Glasgow Rangers Football Club 2012 Ltd" (that one today). Could be something or could be folk fannying about.

Suppose if Paul Murray or any prospective buyer is setting up a new company they'll do a Craig Whyte and call it TowerWave or something first and then change the name at a later date.

Edited by Stu

Ironic

As a director he was there to keep the company's interests not be minty moonbeams lickspittle, he's as culpable as the rest.

Not quite how it works. If a director is unhappy with something going on in a company he can speak up at a board meeting and if that fails speak to

shareholders if that fails and unless the concern is about criminality or a breach of the companies act then his only further sanction is to resign.

Newco Rangers is a great opportunity for the non Old Firm clubs.

All clubs pays a "tax" of 20% of all income to the SPL.

The SPL distributes this income along with sponsorship, TV cash, etc to all clubs on a more of less equitable basis.

Maximum wage bill introduced to something along the lines of £10m.

Newco Rangers start their first 3 seasons in the SPl with a 20 point penalty.

That should see a more competitive league.

Time for the non Old Firm clubs to show some bottle. This is their greatest opportunity.

So, are we to assume that administration, leading to liquidation has been planned all along by Whyte (and possibly others) with the sole objective of leaving HMRC high and dry, and with the debt run up in Whyte's 10 month tenure, plus the big tax case simply disappearing into the ether?

Someone then buys Rangers and are banking on the SPL taking it up the arse and welcoming them back without question, as FC Rangers of Glasgow. They may lose their history, they may not - but even if they do, it's a price worth paying to make those annoying HMRC debts disappear. Rangers actually do emerge 'fitter and stronger' as Whyte said they would.

If this is how Whyte has planned it, and it starts to pan out this way - the Sky TV aspect, and the loss of visiting Rangers fans aspect surely becomes less important than is being made out at present.

We would then be looking at SPL chairmen and the custodians of our game allowing a cheating debt-ridden club to have bought a decade or more of success on money they firstly never had, and secondly deviously avoided paying back, ride roughshod over any semblance of sporting competition integrity, purely because they are a big club.

This says nothing about possible illegal player contracts, trading while insolvent, and directors and ex-directors squabbling lke infants and threatening to sue each other. It says nothing about them being fined for not disclosing their owner had been banned from being a company director, and says nothing about him lying about the Ticketus deal.... or so many other unsavoury aspects to this club and the people who own it.

If the SPL board and/or member club Chairmen actually vote to allow any Newco Rangers to effectively carry on as normal - given the path that allowed a Newco Rangers to exist, it would be beyond a disgrace.

Scottish football would be over for me if this happened. I don't know how others feel. I love St Mirren, but I simply would not buy a season ticket for something so corrupt as the Scottish Premier League. I'd be on the golf course every Saturday. End of.

The one thing that might come out of this if the SPL chairmen do have to vote is a real change in the structure of the SPL and in doing so the rest of the leagues in the process. The ball will be at their foot for a change, even Celtic will have to rely on the other clubs letting Rangers back in. They will be looking for something out of this as well. Less power for the Old Firm as well as the money being more evenly distributed would be a nice outcome.

More realistically, they might look for even more for their twenty pieces of silver. Worst case scenario, no relegation for 3 to 5 years. Thing is, I wouldn't blame them for anything they could get for themselves in exchange for letting Rangers back in.

Not quite how it works. If a director is unhappy with something going on in a company he can speak up at a board meeting and if that fails speak to

shareholders if that fails and unless the concern is about criminality or a breach of the companies act then his only further sanction is to resign.

And did Murray minor do that?

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier on the thread but a check of the Companies House website reveals "Rangers Football Club of Glasgow Ltd" was set up last month. Registered to a Kirkcaldy address and could be nothing - someone set up a few Glasgow Rangers companies at the end of last year for some fun.

Amusingly also found there is a company called RangersMedia Forum :lol:

EDIT: A "Rangers Supports Consortium Ltd" was set up last week - registered to a Berwick address which should ease their move to England.

A few companies registered there (all dissolved). Recovery Scotland used to be one of them :lol:

Whyte can't due to his impending director ban and the number of times that he has screwed HMRC over (his name is probably what hardened their stance)

(bear in mind HMRC can now demand a deposit against future vat and payee!)

AND180Y I assume from the expertise you are demonstrating, you are the finance director at Kelty Hearts. wink.gif

Love the 'deposit against future vat and payee" laugh.gif

Andy I can only assume you have never been a director of a company sad.gif

This amuses me slightly

The Rangers Football Club plc (In Administration) ("the Company")

The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse, who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability. They are both licensed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association.

In a similar vein, who did that:

http://wck2.companie...61e/compdetails

"GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB 2012 LIMITED" :lol:

Love the 'deposit against future vat and payee" laugh.gif

Here is the legislation there is the same for payee.

HM Revenue & Customs has the power to require a security for the payment of VAT and this can be used particularly when a business has gone through insolvency and been sold to a new company. This can have a major financial impact on the new company.

Security may be required in the form of cash, or through an approved financial institution such as a bank providing a guarantee.

Under paragraph 4(2)(a) of Schedule 11 to the VAT Act 1994, HMRC may require any taxable entity, to give security or further security for the payment of VAT that is or may become due in future.

Circumstances where HMRC will require a deposit are where it sees a risk of non payment of future VAT, where a person is or has been actively involved in an existing or previous business that has failed to comply with VAT obligations.

I think that would be the case for thousands of non OF fans.

So those teams who've struggled bloody hard to put half decent teams on the park within realistic budgets end up losing disgusted and disallusioned supporters putting several of them into real difficulty (which no one will care a jot about) while this cheating shower and their 50,000 morons carry on regardless and within a year or 2 would probably be complaining again that their opponents weren't testing enough to improve them for Europe.

Could be losing Rangers or losing 5, 6, more? current clubs who have operated fairly and who have as long a history in Scottish Football.