Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Because him and plenty of other professional Rangers sooks know that they don't have the knowledge of other Scottish clubs to make a living if Rangers disappeared.....

Richard Gordon: So Chick, any team news on the St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock game

Chick: Who?

This is it. All season Chick Young et al. on open all mics have been moaning about the stripes on the back of St Mirren and Dunfermline strips making it impossible for them to make out the player name and numbers. How hard can it be to learn the players of 12 SPL teams and recognise them by their looks/stature/position on the field? If your full time job is in Scottish football punditry this should be something you are expected to do.

I actually think that this is pretty scary news for Rangers that the players are accepting a deferral of wages till the summer.

The debt in real terms is increasing as the players will want the money sometime, and/or the money potentially recouped at a later date is going to be less as players look for an extra cut. The most efficient way would have surely been for the administrator to cull the playing staff with inital redundancies for those with larger wages and no ongoing value (i.e. contracts expiring in the summer), and then maybe look at deferrals for smaller numbers.

I actually think that this is just a stay of execution before the worst really kicks in next season, assuming they make it there, when income is going to be lower again as there is no Euro games and less revenue from tickets (unless someone finally gets to the bottom of Ticketus and finds a loophole).

And all this is before any change/penalties forced upon them by the Band of 10/SPL/SFA/Uefa.

Not slashing the squad makes no sense, whats the difference between finishing second and third, about 850k? There not gonna finish below third realistically, even with a set of youth and reserve players.

Get them slashed!

Can't see any of them getting their wages back that they are giving up now. It is bound to be a percentage of any transfer fee or a termination of the contracts at the end of the season so they can find another club, and they will get a signing on fee when they do. They are taking the hit just now but they will make it back by moving on one way or another.

Which is fair enough, if it gets Rangers through this season. These players take a big cut today, but have put mechanisms in place to see them alright in the summer.

This news (top earners taking cuts) is the first bit of good news for Rangers fans in nearly one month, so fair do's - celebrate it. However, this is short-term survival. Looking further ahead is pointless - things are still changing on a daily basis.

i firmly believe the administrators got fed up barganing with the players on their contracts , and just went into *rangers mode* and told them

"aye sure guys deffer the wages? we can do thatrolleyes.gif"

We actually won it on goal differance (before it was invented) so morally its ours, obviously Rangers claim it as theirs fully.

RFC cheating since 1891 :lol:

Mild pish. Under the rules of the day Rangers and Dumbarton were declared joint champions. And that's all there is to it.

So......

D&P now saying that they can extricate themsleves from the Ticketus deal

David Gauke has told HMRC they must do a deal and accept a CVA at 5p? in the pound in order to preserve a great British Institution (keep the Union Jack flying over Govan!)

Regan and Doncaster are falling over themsleves to make sure Rangers remain in SPL for the 'good of the game'.

If required SPL Chairmen will keep Rangers in the league to avoid losing TV/naming rights money.

Players accept cuts to allow club to save £1 million a month and fulfil their fixtures.

D&P expect to get their hands on £3.6 million and will pursue Collyeer for the other £5.4 million which sould be in their account.

Paul Murray or others ready to take over a debt free profitable club.

Anyone think D&P has played a blinder?

Arise SIr David Whyte, (saviour of Rangers) for services to Scottish Football.

Will there still be an opportunity for the 10 SPL clubs to change the SPL rules for a more equitable share of the money? We will see.

You are a Raith Rovers supporting glory hunting twat.

Fixed that for you.

Which is fair enough, if it gets Rangers through this season. These players take a big cut today, but have put mechanisms in place to see them alright in the summer.

This news (top earners taking cuts) is the first bit of good news for Rangers fans in nearly one month, so fair do's - celebrate it. However, this is short-term survival. Looking further ahead is pointless - things are still changing on a daily basis.

The biggest news today looks like being the Ticketus deal on the verge of collapse with Rangers Football Club not being liable for any of that money.

The biggest news today looks like being the Ticketus deal on the verge of collapse with Rangers Football Club not being liable for any of that money.

So with that £24 million accounted for, presumably Rangers can afford to pay the £15m in tax they owe for the season?

David Gauke has told HMRC they must do a deal and accept a CVA at 5p? in the pound in order to preserve a great British Institution (keep the Union Jack flying over Govan!)

Paul Murray or others ready to take over a debt free profitable club.

I think I've spotted a flaw here...

This always seemed likely given that Whyte wasn't in position when he struck this deal with Ticketus.

I think I posted a good while back that Ticketus are either fucking idiots, or stuffed brown envelopes exchanged hands. It increasingly appears to be the case that the former applies.

Well, no. £18M or thereabouts paid off the debt to Lloyds TSB.

True, but that is £18m of debt to Lloyds that no longer needs serviced, or £24m owed to Ticketus which no longer needs serviced.

Surely that money then becomes available to service other debts? No?

As for the Ticketus deal - if Rangers aren't liable, who is? And once again, how do you sell something that doesn't belong to you?

So......

D&P now saying that they can extricate themsleves from the Ticketus deal

With regards to the first point, I was always sceptical of the Ticketus claim that they would still have some rights in a liquidation situation. I am equally sceptical that they will have no rights if Rangers come out administration with a CVA. At the very least I imagine they would be part of the creditor 'pot'. If that is not the case Ticketus, a comapny who have a great deal of experience doing what they do, must have fucked up badly somewhere. I can't imagine that the could be regarded as complicit in what their £24m was used for.

With regards to HMRC, they may accept a CVA as the lesser of two evils but i think it would have to be a decent percentage. as many others have said if other clubs in both Scotland and England see a weak response from HMRC it could open the floodgates.

Whatever the SPL/SFA do there must some sanctions for issues such as non declaration of 'secondary' contracts.