Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Are you drunk?

Are you afflicted with a form of mental retardation (in which case I apologise)?

Unless you're suggesting that league football is on the verge of collapse, SPL isn't at risk. I see no way whatsoever in which Hibs or Berwick are in peril - both are well-run clubs.

Good. The SPL has been a failure. I'd rather the SPD was recreated within the SFL.

I would just like to propose a toast to two of the finest posters on P&B. When this thread has sagged, when Duff & Duffer have huddled in quietly in murray park, these lads have kept us going. Whenever Jim White had nothing to tell us, when the Record and Sun fell silent, these lads continued to keep this thread alive. When even the great Spiers could not bring himself to add reason to the debate, and Chico had retreated back up Walter's arse, they didn't let us down.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...... (Drum roll please....)

No.8 and Wunfellaff!

No. 8, were there such a thing in the WhiteRose house as a picture dictionary, your monobrowed visage would be glowering out from alongside the definition for "cretin". You respond to all accusations that you and yours may not be model citizens with the "minority" excuse and the most advanced case of whataboutery known to medical science. I honestly believe that even a "Clockwork Orange"-style re-education would not let you understand why decent people hate your vile "institution".

Wunfellaf, thank you. Just when the less-informed reader may have been thinking that the blue Sisters were the only problem to infect our game, you came along to remind us of the refreshing attitudes of those who wrap themselves in the green and grey. That dictionary? I reckon you're a stick-on to be grimacing out alongside a compound word - specially coined for this edition - "totally-un-self-aware". Like a lot of other celtic acolytes, you don't realise, even in yourself, how much you need the other cheek.

Gentlemen, I salute you.

Three short years ago, this and other boards were alive with speculation as to how we could survive without the pair of you. Remember? "We're too big for Scotland, so we're off to england/Atlantic league/anyone that'll have us. Bye now, and enjoy your diddy league!" You can be sure that the rest of us remember. So, fair enough, off ye go - neither of you will be missed. And the "diddy" league? As posted by the Morton fan above, for FOOTBALL fans, TV isn't everything. We'll be fine, so seriously, don't let us keep you, bugger off. Seriously, get the hell out of our league, our lives and our country. An embarrassment to all decent Scots.

KTID

Yes it is exactly that, 'if' the moral 10 go their own way, Scottish football IS at risk.

Tv deal is only relevant to an SPL. It has been going through my mind 'what if' ? scenarios, ie , the currents fold, get 9 other teams to join in with them to create an alternative FL? Is it possible?

Say for the sake of arguement 9 well supported SFL teams get a good deal to feck off and join them, tv deal in place, sponsership etc. It would take a shitload of cash to buy Rangers, but if they were bought AND not in SPL 'could' a newco LEAGUE be set up?

Incidently KTID, Killie 'boast' the most scumball bigots outside the OF and Hearts that I have had the misfortune to come across. Nearly all I have known have Rangers dads/mums etc and support Killie out of being seen to be different, or to annoy their Ayr pals. Like Goths.

Yep, you are scum just like me :lol:

I wonder when Celtic supporters are going to realise that liquidation for Rangers will spell the end of the OF monopoly in Scottish football. It's interesting that even the thought of 100 plus years or arrogant bullying domination unravelling before their very eyes still isn't enough for them to realise that without Rangers they can no longer control Scottish football. Instaed of 2 dictating to the rest it will be 10 dictating to 1 should Rangers cease to exist.

It was a Duopoly :rolleyes:.

The Old Firm is one entity so monopoly is right. As for your question about Rangers asking some SFL pals to set up another league, they could do this in theory (so could anyone) but in practice they would not have a hope of getting it off the ground for their purposes.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Let's NEVER let Celtic fans think this is "all friends together" laughing at Rangers.

They are absolutely not welcome to join our party and should remember that they are on the outside looking in. Fans of every other club are united here - on this as well.

We'll make an exception for banterman as he is sound. But the rest of you can forget it.

Yes it is exactly that, 'if' the moral 10 go their own way, Scottish football IS at risk.

Tv deal is only relevant to an SPL. It has been going through my mind 'what if' ? scenarios, ie , the currents fold, get 9 other teams to join in with them to create an alternative FL? Is it possible?

Say for the sake of arguement 9 well supported SFL teams get a good deal to feck off and join them, tv deal in place, sponsership etc. It would take a shitload of cash to buy Rangers, but if they were bought AND not in SPL 'could' a newco LEAGUE be set up?

Incidently KTID, Killie 'boast' the most scumball bigots outside the OF and Hearts that I have had the misfortune to come across. Nearly all I have known have Rangers dads/mums etc and support Killie out of being seen to be different, or to annoy their Ayr pals. Like Goths.

Yep, you are scum just like me :lol:

Is there ANY way you could exercise whatever grey matter you've got to grasp the idea of there being people who... wait for it....

Don't define themselves by whatever side of the sectarian divide they want to be.

Radical idea, I know, but I follow Killie because I'm from Kilmarnock. Forty years and more, one decent trophy, innumerable A*rshire cups, a handful of finals and year upon year of lower division, often part time, rubbish. That is the hand I got dealt. Old fashioned, I know, but I didn't pick my team, it was pre-ordained.

Every post you and the rest of the celtic posters on here make, every post from rangers followers, makes reference to religion and bigotry as being the sole preserve of the "other lot" or, unbelievably, the rest of Scotland. Do none of you lot have mirrors? I repeat - three years ago you both wanted out. Now's your chance. Piss off to whatever league will have you. We'll be fine, trust me.

KTID (That's me signing off, soft lad, my username's to the left)

Is this reported consortium credible?

Of course not. They have an interest in taking over at Rangers, that should be indication enough that they shouldn't be trusted with safety scissors.

'@JaneLewisSport: The supporters groups are the #Rangers Supporters Assembly, the Rangers Supporters Association and the Rangers Supporters Trust.'

Boo! The rearguard bears aren't there!

Incidently KTID, Killie 'boast' the most scumball bigots outside the OF and Hearts that I have had the misfortune to come across.

So you're rubbing his nose in the fact they have less bigots than you?

Interesting.

Don't think Celtic have any illusions to potential changes to financials, I'm not that concerned as it's something I support, whats interesting is if the "others" forget about the cheating and grab some extra cash to allow Rangers back in

Still lots to run on this yet, diddies should not get their panties bunched just yet :D

Is this reported consortium credible?

Hard to tell. It seems acknowledged P. Murray is nowhere near rich enough to fund this himself and though Rangers fans could collectively raise millions this can hardly be done over night. The joker in the hand is clearly Ticketus - presumably they'd take a share in the club rather than having money paid back that they believe they're due which could make exiting admin via a CVA easier. However, they'd not be in this for the fun of it and would either be taking a massive chunk of cash at some point or would be being paid dividends for decades. Just a guess, ofc, but it seems far from certain this group could finance a real Rangers revival and they'd have conflicting interests when in charge.

Is there ANY way you could exercise whatever grey matter you've got to grasp the idea of there being people who... wait for it....

Don't define themselves by whatever side of the sectarian divide they want to be.

Radical idea, I know, but I follow Killie because I'm from Kilmarnock. Forty years and more, one decent trophy, innumerable A*rshire cups, a handful of finals and year upon year of lower division, often part time, rubbish. That is the hand I got dealt. Old fashioned, I know, but I didn't pick my team, it was pre-ordained.

Every post you and the rest of the celtic posters on here make, every post from rangers followers, makes reference to religion and bigotry as being the sole preserve of the "other lot" or, unbelievably, the rest of Scotland. Do none of you lot have mirrors? I repeat - three years ago you both wanted out. Now's your chance. Piss off to whatever league will have you. We'll be fine, trust me.

KTID (That's me signing off, soft lad, my username's to the left)

:D wait for it..... sectarian? Asshole you may be but if you read back a bit instead of using both six fingered hands/claws to skin up, you would see I am a proddy (born) Celtic fan. Why does that make me a sectarian bigot?

When have 'I' ever said I wanted Celtic out of Scottish football?

England ? Feck that. More overhyped than your sense of pious indignation.

Atlantic League? Na, I'm not European thankyooverymooch.

KTID ? Signing ON not off I would have thought.....................

Don't think Celtic have any illusions to potential changes to financials, I'm not that concerned as it's something I support, whats interesting is if the "others" forget about the cheating and grab some extra cash to allow Rangers back in

Still lots to run on this yet, diddies should not get their panties bunched just yet :D

Celtic will want them back in as well but they'd be pushing for a points deduction for a year or more. However, that has no benefit to the others so they're quite right to see what they can get out of it that suits them.

The fact fans of all clubs want justice to be done will not bother those who make the decisions, I fear.

:D wait for it..... sectarian? Asshole you may be but if you read back a bit instead of using both six fingered hands/claws to skin up, you would see I am a proddy (born) Celtic fan. Why does that make me a sectarian bigot?

They just assume mate, it's got to be two sides of the same arse or nothing ;) Their heads would explode otherwise