Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

conspiracy to pervert the course of justice?

pretty slim though...

The letter the secretary was told to shred made clear that money that they were telling the taxman was a discretionary loan under the EBT rules was actually a contractual pay rise, with no intention for it to be paid back. Mike McGill stated on the programme that not a penny of the "discretionary loans" had ever been paid back. Sounds criminal to me, but the more you hear about what people like Whyte have got away with without any gaol time, I woudn't be surprised if he gets away scot free..

The letter the secretary was told to shred made clear that money that they were telling the taxman was a discretionary loan under the EBT rules was actually a contractual pay rise, with no intention for it to be paid back. Mike McGill stated on the programme that not a penny of the "discretionary loans" had ever been paid back. Sounds criminal to me, but the more you hear about what people like Whyte have got away with without any gaol time, I woudn't be surprised if he gets away scot free..

Who else destroyed documentary evidence of their salary/bonus/loans being paid through their EBT?

If we are not sure, then maybe early morning raids at the homes of John Greig, Martin Bain, Walter, Ally, Campbell Ogilvie plus everyone who has played for Rangers since 1998 would be an idea. And do it sooner rather than later.

Never have we seen a Scottish business so institutionally corrupt. Even the banks look good compared with this lot of thieves.

Who will be chasing the repayment of the loans? Presumably the liquidators will retain these loans on the books as an asset, so will be duty bound to pursue them. This will make Chairman Mao's long walk look like a stroll in the park. Will keep us entertained for years to come.

Any link to Ch 4's report, This it?

Yup

Here's what Rangerstaxcase has to say about the shredding:

You might wonder why criminal charges would not be charged if someone was found to have shredded key documents in a tax investigation. Surely this would be criminal? Well, mibbees aye, mibbees naw.

It could be deemed criminal if you could prove that the person who requested the shredding was knowingly destroying a document to subvert an investigation by a government body. Proving this degree of intent will often be impossible. So, tax collectors will settle for collecting taxes- through the civil courts. In the tax tribunal process, interest payments and penalties are used to ensure that tax avoiders (that is ones deemed to have broken the law) do not gain an advantage by paying a smaller amount later. In cases, where there is the possibility of criminal behaviour by ‘minor cogs’ in the machine rather than the ‘big gear’, there would also be a reluctance to prosecute.

Please explain what criminal charges will be brought.

I'd like a good laugh. :lol:

Check out http://rangerstaxcase.com/

In some ways I am hoping the club is 'liquidised' (Love that term) and the taxman gets next to nothing. I would think that will be the time for HMRC not to worry so much about the money but to get their revenge in. With the help of the documents uncovered through the administration, along with the police and Procurator Fiscal hound all those who benefited from the years of thieving.

Might wipe the smugness off Bain's coupon. laugh.gif

If those on the receiving end of EBT's fired off a quid in the post today, surely they would be off the hook. If the administrators can't produce contracts, then who's to say what the repayment period was (50years?).

As for the Gers fans moaning about the SFA's lack of help during the administration period; what help do they expect, and what help did Dundee, Livi etc. get that they didn't?

Check out http://rangerstaxcase.com/

In some ways I am hoping the club is 'liquidised' (Love that term) and the taxman gets next to nothing. I would think that will be the time for HMRC not to worry so much about the money but to get their revenge in. With the help of the documents uncovered through the administration, along with the police and Procurator Fiscal hound all those who benefited from the years of thieving.

Might wipe the smugness off Bain's coupon. laugh.gif

Listen buster, the Tax money is our money, I want every penny back :angry:

Listen buster, the Tax money is our money, I want every penny back :angry:

Re the SFA meeting. Rangers fans/apologists are really, really, really fking thick :blink: They defend protecting 'the institution' because of its 'great history and tradition of winning titles', completely whooshing on the fact that those titles were won by cheating. FFS if you gave East Stirling 100 million quid they might challenge for the PL :P

Strip the wanks of everything and get them out of the game. :lol:

Surely if these EBT's are "loans", surely Haudit & Daudit, acting on behalf of creditors, should be calling them in? :huh:

Interesting to note that some of the main recipients of these EBT's were on view at last nights "charity" game. How much did they chuck in the bucket?

Edited by kiddy

Surely if these EBT's are "loans", surely Haudit & Daudit, acting on behalf of creditors, should be calling them in? :huh:

Interesting to note that some of the main recipients of these EBT's were on view at last nights "charity" game. How much did they chuck in the bucket?

They're not loans from the club. They're loans from a trust (the "T" in EBT) which was set up by Murray Group.

So, if you get a loan from the bank, they become your employers........................OK :unsure:

No, they provide a service, for a price, ie they get more out of it than I would. And I would have to repay it.

The players provided what service to recieve this cash from the Trust? And if a loan what repayment period was it over. Interest involved? (:rolleyes:)

And who funded the Trust? Murray Group set it up, but the funding came from where?

Thieves, charlatans and scumballs, and this is all before Craigy boy came along.

So, if you get a loan from the bank, they become your employers........................OK :unsure:

That's the whole point, they pretended it was a loan to evade tax, but it wasn't, it was contractual wages.. Whether it originated in a Murray Holdings account or a Rangers FC account, and was shuffled through an offshore trust, is irrelevant.

That's the whole point, they pretended it was a loan to evade tax, but it wasn't, it was contractual wages.. Whether it originated in a Murray Holdings account or a Rangers FC account, and was shuffled through an offshore trust, is irrelevant.

Prove it though. We need names on paper.

Bain saying that players got the same deal is not enough. He only drops himself in the shit unfortunately.

So regarding europe, do rangers not have to be out of administration tonight in order to be eligible for europe next season? Sure March 31 was the date mentioned.

Or is there some loophole that will be enivitably used to get them in?