Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Norwegian Blue.

This is the name of the Pub where i watched the 2008 UEFA Cup Final in Manchester

I wonder if i will be watching Rangers 5 short years later in the Challenge Cup Final. :(

I wonder if i will be watching Rangers 5 short years later in the Challenge Cup Final. :(

'Rangers 5 short years later' is a crap name for your Newco team. You can't use 'Rangers' anyway. Have another think.

'Rangers 5 short years later' is a crap name for your Newco team. You can't use 'Rangers' anyway. Have another think.

Govan Paisley United after we buy your club out... :P

What was the pish with all the red cards at Ibrox on Saturday?! Saw it on Sportscene last night. 'Red Card To Liquidation'?! Really?! So can I just fire down the bank and say "here's a red card, I'm not paying my overdraft off!" then? Or can I fire into an auction and just hold a red card up instead of paying? Or can I simply use the red card like a debit card, but of course not pay any money at all? I could just saunter up the till in any shop and produce the red card and I would get everything for free.

This is my understanding of the situation.

It wasn't red cards. Rangers saved money by handing out some of the final reminders they hadn't shredded yet.

Of course Rangers fans would rather go down to the third division than stay in the SPL with a decimated squad and points reductions. You'll still be winning every week and lording it over the diddy teams. Business as usual.

Precisely this crossed my mind.

The third division would appeal to lots of Rangers fans. There would be novelty and there would be a competitive adavantage that Gretna fans would have envied. They'd absolutely romp through the leagues. Even if their gates shrank by 90%, they would have bigger crowds than anyone's been near at that level for generations.

I'd have thought the real Rangers nightmare would be a team in the SPL who are like all the others except Celtic. No chance of winning the league, very little chance in the other trophies and entering all league games as likely to lose as to win.

The fact that a poll suggested their support preferred scenario 1 to scenario 2 should surprise nobody.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Ya dirty old bugger.

biggrin.gif (And I read it before posting, too! I really need my eyes tested!) biggrin.gif

Didn't make much of a job of "bankrupt" either! laugh.gif

Edited by Jacksgranda

do you feel the same about leeds united, charlton athletic and middlesborough?

when gary speed kicked the bucket i didn't hear much about the club he won the league with no longer existing.

With the possible exception of Leeds - not the only club to suffer from Ridsdales dreams - none of the above were engaged in chicanery like rangers. The clearest connection between Leeds' situation and rangers' current dire straits is financial incompetence, not fraud. As to your unspoken question - "is it cause we is rangers?" - If you read my post properly you'd see that I said if my own club behaved like this I would walk away. It's frankly unacceptable, and no team who carried on like this (and got caught) would expect to be given the easy ride which rangers are being given.

Finally, what on earth has Gary Speed's death got to do with this thread? Unless you mean Leeds going the admin/rebirth route which, as Ken Bates is a smarter operator than most in the game, they navigated with their identity (as far as the FA was concerned) intact.

KTID

Didn't you fancy the Waxy O'Connor's just down from it?

Funnily enough the wife tried to talk me into going in there but we were meeting a few mates and they were in Norwegian Blue. I believe it was the last of the pubs to fill up in the centre.

Funnily enough the wife tried to talk me into going in there but we were meeting a few mates and they were in Norwegian Blue. I believe it was the last of the pubs to fill up in the centre.

That would have sent the message out loud and clear...only one bar in the centre Manchester that did less trade than normal when a Euro final was on!

Precisely this crossed my mind.

The third division would appeal to lots of Rangers fans. There would be novelty and there would be a competitive adavantage that Gretna fans would have envied. They'd absolutely romp through the leagues. Even if their gates shrank by 90%, they would have bigger crowds than anyone's been near at that level for generations.

I'd have thought the real Rangers nightmare would be a team in the SPL who are like all the others except Celtic. No chance of winning the league, very little chance in the other trophies and entering all league games as likely to lose as to win.

The fact that a poll suggested their support preferred scenario 1 to scenario 2 should surprise nobody.

Which would bring on nowhere near enough revenue to operate ibrox, let alone ibrox and murray park. Those facilities require millions of pounds per annum simply to operate never mind cash for a playing squad. There will be no credit from the bank, the bidders have failed to present a plan which deals with the debt let alone the btc without a cva ( and no guarantee and one will be agreed ), and if ticketus are going to be taking season ticket revenue...then there is no sustainable way to operate the business. A newco which isnt in spl simply wont work from a business perspective . we all know that 3 years out of the spl would result in crowds not much bigger than other sfl clubs..its the nature of the gloryhunters, and claim otherwise is just plain naive. i would imagine just to have parttimers playing at ibrox, would still required crowds which could be measured in the tens of thousands...something which they struggled to attain in the top flight in the 80s when they werent winning anything. The fact that a majority of rfc fans think sfl3 is a good idea just shows (again) how deluded and idiotic they are. Given that they would have to be sustainable and live within their means, i dont think they would even be guaranteed a squad which would rocket thru the leagues. Gretna did it by not paying any bills, and having a glorified garden shed / ground share. The minute they had to find money for a real stadium ( never mind pay for the upkeep of one the size of ibrox ) they folded. the luxury of paying on credit will not be there for goven 1690 or whatever they call themselves will not be there. If they go down a newco route its spl or nothing...hence the scottish media trying to make it seem like a formality for that option to happen

With the possible exception of Leeds - not the only club to suffer from Ridsdales dreams - none of the above were engaged in chicanery like rangers. The clearest connection between Leeds' situation and rangers' current dire straits is financial incompetence, not fraud. As to your unspoken question - "is it cause we is rangers?" - If you read my post properly you'd see that I said if my own club behaved like this I would walk away. It's frankly unacceptable, and no team who carried on like this (and got caught) would expect to be given the easy ride which rangers are being given.

Finally, what on earth has Gary Speed's death got to do with this thread? Unless you mean Leeds going the admin/rebirth route which, as Ken Bates is a smarter operator than most in the game, they navigated with their identity (as far as the FA was concerned) intact.

KTID

there is no fraud with rangers either. they - and many other football clubs and businesses - used a tax scheme which they believed to be legitimate and recorded it in the audited accounts they registered with the sfa. hmrc are now saying that it isn't legitimate. it's not fraud and no one will be charged.

if leeds united can go through liquiadation and keep their identity and history why can't a scottish club?

Strange, he got through the whole thing without once apologising for any cheating, nonpaying of taxes or sectarianism. :unsure:

Am I the only one that feels a little bit of sick coming up when you read about old ladies giving their pension, or young kids their hard earned pocket money to an organisation that has gotten itself in such a state through mismanagement, lying, cheating, possibly fraud and other underhanded methods?

Instead of being proud of these people the club should be taking a long hard look at itself. The wee wumin gives a few quid that would go to her heating or food bill, but instead she will put an extra cardigan on and only have one bit of toast instead of two. Wee Jimmy might not be so understanding when dad announces they wont be going on holiday this year or have xmas coz he has given the money to a worthier cause than his own family.

Meanwhile the players, despite taking a "short term" reduction in their wages can still piss money up against the wall. I hope when this is all done and dusted than the players and management etc of rfc each put a £10 they found in their back pockets into an envelope and send to this woman and/or young boy.

I'm all for raising money to help your club but this is just embarrassing.

Which would bring on nowhere near enough revenue to operate ibrox, let alone ibrox and murray park. Those facilities require millions of pounds per annum simply to operate never mind cash for a playing squad. There will be no credit from the bank, the bidders have failed to present a plan which deals with the debt let alone the btc without a cva ( and no guarantee and one will be agreed ), and if ticketus are going to be taking season ticket revenue...then there is no sustainable way to operate the business. A newco which isnt in spl simply wont work from a business perspective . we all know that 3 years out of the spl would result in crowds not much bigger than other sfl clubs..its the nature of the gloryhunters, and claim otherwise is just plain naive. i would imagine just to have parttimers playing at ibrox, would still required crowds which could be measured in the tens of thousands...something which they struggled to attain in the top flight in the 80s when they werent winning anything. The fact that a majority of rfc fans think sfl3 is a good idea just shows (again) how deluded and idiotic they are. Given that they would have to be sustainable and live within their means, i dont think they would even be guaranteed a squad which would rocket thru the leagues. Gretna did it by not paying any bills, and having a glorified garden shed / ground share. The minute they had to find money for a real stadium ( never mind pay for the upkeep of one the size of ibrox ) they folded. the luxury of paying on credit will not be there for goven 1690 or whatever they call themselves will not be there. If they go down a newco route its spl or nothing...hence the scottish media trying to make it seem like a formality for that option to happen

You might be right, although I don't see running a big stadium that you own, as quite as crippling as you do. They wouldn't have to use it all for instance.

Neither would it be necessary to run Murray Park - hardly anyone else, even in the SPL, has a facility anything like it.

I also think that you're kidding yourself to think gates would dwindle to SFL levels. They'd dwindle alright, but still be relatively huge in that environment.

Anyway, like you, I don't think there's any chance of Rangers - in any form - playing outside the top flight. I was merely saying that it's no wonder that it appeals more to their fans than watching an ordinary/struggling top flight team.

there is no fraud with rangers either. they - and many other football clubs and businesses - used a tax scheme which they believed to be legitimate and recorded it in the audited accounts they registered with the sfa. hmrc are now saying that it isn't legitimate. it's not fraud and no one will be charged.

if leeds united can go through liquiadation and keep their identity and history why can't a scottish club?

So what do you call deducting NIC and PAYE from their employees and then... keeping it?

That's just the bit they're admitting to - there's another two tax cases, the possibility/likelihood that they're trading while insolvent, the non-payment of debts to fellow SPL clubs, many other clubs and a massive list of other businesses..... The legal terms aren't important, they have been behaving in a fraudulent manner for years, possibly decades.

KTID

Strange, he got through the whole thing without once apologising for any cheating, nonpaying of taxes or sectarianism. :unsure:

The stuff about the portrait of the Queen, the word "Loyal" in the name of his supporters' club and the fact he travels from Northern Ireland to watch them are of course indirect reference to the sectarianism which motivates his support for the team. You're right though - he makes no apology for it.

Christ, that team needs to die.