Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Any idea when the verdict from the SFA charges will be released? It's been a while since hte last bit of bad news and i need another fix :D

Knowing the (shit feart) SFA they will wait until Rangers are liquidated to say we were gonnae hang them for cheating, just like they said Craig Whyte was unfit to run a football club several weeks after everyone on the planet knew this

I think rangers new co could be the best thing that's happened to Scottish football.

Just think of the financial Benifit for the 3rd devision teams playing rangers 4 times a season not to mention their share of tv money ,becaus no doubt someone would pay to cover the division if Rangers where in it .

This would also apply to the 2nd and 1st devisions as rangers come back up.

And for the first time in ages the premier league would be genuinely interseting for the rest as they had the chance to chace a CL spot.

As for people saying what about the tv deal / OF games ...firstly rangers would still be in the Scottish cup and no doubt the almost forgotten Glasgow cup would be fully revived to give the rubberneckers their fill .

I think rangers new co could be the best thing that's happened to Scottish football.

Just think of the financial Benifit for the 3rd devision teams playing rangers 4 times a season not to mention their share of tv money ,becaus no doubt someone would pay to cover the division if Rangers where in it .

And for the first time in ages the premier league would be genuinely interseting for the rest as they had the chance to chace a CL spot.

As for people saying what about the tv deal / OF games ...firstly rangers would still be in the Scottish cup and no doubt the almost forgotten Glasgow cup would be fully revived to give the rubberneckers their fill .

Alas, not unless someone can challenge celtic for the title as there'll only be the one CL place after this season, probably for a long, long time.

Alas, not unless someone can challenge celtic for the title as there'll only be the one CL place after this season, probably for a long, long time.

Boooooo :angry:

Really pisses me off that for the first time in almost 20 years, there's a good chance of 1-2 not being Celtic/Rangers, Rangers/Celtic for more than a flash in the pan season and it would just coincide with the first time in about a decade that we'll not have two teams in the CL/qualifiers.

All that tax dodging and share issues has simply brought us round to where we were in 1997/98 - mid 20s ranking in Europe, except this time around most of the SPL are pretty much insolvent.

yes the lower division teams could benefit from the tax dodgers in the 3rd division.However there would be very little chance of promotion as the cheats would most probably walk the league?

yes the lower division teams could benefit from the tax dodgers in the 3rd division.However there would be very little chance of promotion as the cheats would most probably walk the league?

There's also currently zero chance of relegation, so with that in mind, I feel it more than balances out. Add in the fact that each league would have one club pushed up the ladder in the first instance and it's truly win-win.

I wonder what kind of support they'd bring to away games? Would Queens Park be looking at 10k+? What about Elgin, Peterhead, Berwick and Stranraer? Full houses?

if it did happen I think a lot of second & third division clubs are prepared for it, even at the reduced numbers. I know Berwick, Forfar & Arbroath have hosted an OF team recently but I believe Rangers provided a lot of their own security/police

Annan have something like 10 seats for away fans!

There's also currently zero chance of relegation, so with that in mind, I feel it more than balances out. Add in the fact that each league would have one club pushed up the ladder in the first instance and it's truly win-win.

I wonder what kind of support they'd bring to away games? Would Queens Park be looking at 10k+? What about Elgin, Peterhead, Berwick and Stranraer? Full houses?

ill have a pint of ur lsd wee lad...you must be too young to mind the 80s when the of were struggling to make that for home games in top league cos dundee utd and aberdeen were taking the trophies.they wont get half that for home games in sfl for 3 years when there is no glory to be had. a side that get 18K at home to dundee utd this season will get feck all in sfl3...be lucky to hit 4 figures if it were to happen hence the authorities and media trying to make idea of a newco into spl a done deal. a newco with no credit at bank couldnt run ibrox as a business fro sfl3 crowds not a fecking chance let alone pay for a squad to get up the leagues. there wud be nae credit at bank so they would have to live within their means...thus paying for running for stadium before buying footballing talent...or more pertinently actually paying for it.

if it did happen I think a lot of second & third division clubs are prepared for it, even at the reduced numbers. I know Berwick, Forfar & Arbroath have hosted an OF team recently but I believe Rangers provided a lot of their own security/police

Annan have something like 10 seats for away fans!

Rangers take their own stewards wherever they play in Scotland. It took the Rangers stewards moving into the crowd at Arbroath for the smoke bombs to stop as the local police and stewards thought it was hilarious.

Is it possible that someone could explain to dumb and dumber about their own deadlines and the meaning of best and final offer? What's Kennedy got in his improved offer a couple of Ginger bottles and a box of chelsea whoppers!!

As the days and weeks that Rangers have spent in administration, continue to mount up as the joint administrators asses which bidder they prefer,....

So who's responsible for the delay? Is it the Bums or the Donkeys?

... the support still sits idly watching our club slip closer to a liquidation scenario.

On their asses, of course. :lol:

Edited by WeeHectorPar

Guranteed to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the unsavoury behaviour.

Quite the opposite. They have been a great initiative and have been successful in weeding out the ringleaders who cause trouble.

I was at in the Jerry Kerr stand at Tannadice the other week when 1 Rangers 'supporter' in particular was belting out TFS..TBB..Repeatedly shouting ****** b*****d. All the time the stewards and police just looked at him and took no action. It was not until the Rangers stewards arrived that action was taken!!

The guy arrested at Kilmarnock for singing 'TFS' was first apprehended by Rangers stewards.

Maybe they have a greater understanding of the support as a whole. Take the Tannadice incident...Numerous people had complained about this eejit but the local stewards were reluctant to go in and arrest him. They maybe feared there would be trouble...they couldn't have been more wrong

They're now playing "Musical Chairs" in reverse. After every round you add a chair and add a bidder. This could carry on for months and months. Still time to add to your collections of ginger bottles.

Edit: Expect Huff and Puff's next deadline to come and go due to the extra bids to be considered.

Edited by WeeHectorPar

Is it possible that someone could explain to dumb and dumber about their own deadlines and the meaning of best and final offer? What's Kennedy got in his improved offer a couple of Ginger bottles and a box of chelsea whoppers!!

Mmmmmmmm!! I love Chelsea Whoppers!!!!:)

Quite the opposite. They have been a great initiative and have been successful in weeding out the ringleaders who cause trouble.

I was at in the Jerry Kerr stand at Tannadice the other week when 1 Rangers 'supporter' in particular was belting out TFS..TBB..Repeatedly shouting ****** b*****d. All the time the stewards and police just looked at him and took no action. It was not until the Rangers stewards arrived that action was taken!!

The guy arrested at Kilmarnock for singing 'TFS' was first apprehended by Rangers stewards.

Maybe they have a greater understanding of the support as a whole. Take the Tannadice incident...Numerous people had complained about this eejit but the local stewards were reluctant to go in and arrest him. They maybe feared there would be trouble...they couldn't have been more wrong

Serious question.

Who pays for these stewards?

Here's what the Herald have to say about player contracts My link

Key points...

Reduced wages finish on 1 June. After that it's back to "normal", but the cheap offer clauses remain, so the big names can leave if low-ish bids are tabled during the window.

The "very earliest" that Rangers could be out of administration, assuming a bidder is identified now, is around the first or second week in June. See above.

It will be interesting to see how the administrators can pay the revived wage bill before they have sold the club. I think pozbaird may be correct and there will be another round of negotiations before the season ends and the players head to Magaluf for their holidays.

edited to add... the more I think about this, the more it looks like a monumental shitstorm.

D&P suing Whyte and Collyer Bristow, no clear bidder on the scene, no sign of coming out of administration, the wage costs about to go back up, the season ticket cash hocked to Ticketus, no close season income and the 2012/13 season starts in less than 100 days.

Thank goodness I support a diddy team.

Edited by archie guevara

Here's what the Herald have to say about player contracts My link

Key points...

Reduced wages finish on 1 June. After that it's back to "normal", but the cheap offer clauses remain, so the big names can leave if low-ish bids are tabled during the window.

The "very earliest" that Rangers could be out of administration, assuming a bidder is identified now, is around the first or second week in June. See above.

It will be interesting to see how the administrators can pay the revived wage bill before they have sold the club. I think pozbaird may be correct and there will be another round of negotiations before the season ends and the players head to Magaluf for their holidays.

edited to add... the more I think about this, the more it looks like a monumental shitstorm.

D&P suing Whyte and Collyer Bristow, no clear bidder on the scene, no sign of coming out of administration, the wage costs about to go back up, the season ticket cash hocked to Ticketus, no close season income and the 2012/13 season starts in less than 100 days.

Very fair summary. However I am disappointed in the lack of gloating and smileys that should have accompanied your post.