Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not making the CL group stage did Rangers in.

I believe that in previous years the club had been chipping away away at its debt mountain. Had they made the CL groups, Rangers today probably would had been finnancially better off than at the start of the season. Not sure of the impact of EL group stage.

But this season, with no money from European Cups, and assuming they were on top of their taxes, they would had been haemoraging what - 1M? 2M? 3M? quid a month.

So they'd have to sell more than just Jelavic in January.

Or am I totally wrong?

Borys

There's bloke with wee scabby dugs squatting next to cash machines all over the country in a better financial situation than rangers have been in for years. And, losers in the game of life they may be, they wouldn't have spent £12m on Flo....

KTID

losers in the game of life they may be, they wouldn't have spent £12m on Flo....

You try finding a Premiership player bad enough to come here who isn't looking to top up his retirement wedge. And anyway didn't Flo join the masses and say he was a Gers man?

Thats exactly what he's trying to do.

Basically, he wants to take all the good bits out of Rangers - the stadium, the players, the SPL membership - and transfer it into this "incubator" company. It then carries on and plays in the SPL with - and heres the cunning bit - no penalties because it isnt in administration and isnt, technically, a newco. Because, meanwhile, the "oldco" still exists and is still trying to agree a CVA/get shares from Whyte/take people to court and whatever else takes D&P fancy.

Then, at some point in the future preferably when everyone has forgotten what went on, he says he'll merge the two companies back together. Again, no newco to punish under the SPLs new rules.

Isn't that what Bates did at Leeds?

In fairness to those who pay off the small creditors, the fact it won't make the blindest bit of difference to their club in the grand scheme of things is what makes it such a good gesture. They're doing what they can to right a tiny part of a massive wrong and these folk (or at least this action, maybe they're generally scumbags :-)) don't deserve the fate that's about to befall their club imho.

1334933833[/url]' post='6157610']

Anyone know what the chuckle brothers announcement is about at 4? Is this the plug being pulled? Please be so!!!!!

I'm not going to say this again........................STOP DISSING PAUL & BARRY CHUCKLE!!!!!!!! They're sensitive artistes and deserve our respect. Comparing them to Rangers' administrators is just WRONG!

Edited by Milo

If they were to pay off the small creditors they are in effect strengthening the hand of Ticketus and HMRC, as there % share of the debt will increase.

Isn't that what Bates did at Leeds?

Is it? I dont know. I guess the big difference would be the penalties that are in place, or will be in place, now that werent then

If they were to pay off the small creditors they are in effect strengthening the hand of Ticketus and HMRC, as there % share of the debt will increase.

I dont even think the supporters paying the bill makes any difference. Are they not, technically, still owed the money by the actual club - who cant settle individual debts, or give preference to any creditor while in administration. My guess would be that whoever they've just paid could, quite legitimately, claim their pound of flesh from Rangers on top of what any supporter has paid them.

Is it? I dont know. I guess the big difference would be the penalties that are in place, or will be in place, now that werent then

I dont even think the supporters paying the bill makes any difference. Are they not, technically, still owed the money by the actual club - who cant settle individual debts, or give preference to any creditor while in administration. My guess would be that whoever they've just paid could, quite legitimately, claim their pound of flesh from Rangers on top of what any supporter has paid them.

Think that's correct but even it wasn't, what difference would it make...if the Rangers fans paid off even a few hundred grand of debts, it's still pissing in the wind compared to the millions owed to HMRC and Ticketus if their deal gets bumped.