Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If I actually gave a flying F*&k about Rangers (the football club) it might be, I don't, so it isn't.

I am looking at it purely from a business point of view.

Seriously?

From a business point of view I'd have to say sterling work was done by Loyds to secure their full wedge.

There are going to be an awful lot of annoyed fans when Govan Rangers FC make an appearance in the SPL next season, playing in red white and blue strips, playing at Ibrox, and having no debts and a very limited set of punishments.

Seriously?

From a business point of view I'd have to say sterling work was done by Loyds to secure their full wedge.

If that money had actually come from the club then there could be a claim raised for the preferential treatment of Lloyds, not sure how it pans out, but my thinking would be that if the company (rather than Whyte) owe Ticketus the monies then the preference would be proven and the transaction potentially reversed.

This could yet (if they win the FTT or UTT) be a Bobby Ewing moment.

Edited by AND180Y

This could yet (if they win the FTT or UTT) be a Bobby Ewing moment.

More likely a JR Ewing moment. Mind you, all Haudit & Daudit need to do is keep setting their own inimitable brand of 'deadline' and no-one will get to pull the trigger. I think Rangers will be in administration forever.

More likely a JR Ewing moment. Mind you, all Haudit & Daudit need to do is keep setting their own inimitable brand of 'deadline' and no-one will get to pull the trigger. I think Rangers will be in administration forever.

What I'd really like to know is, when will a deadline be set for deadlines ?

I've nae idea what line of business you're in AND18OY but it's not in the regular world. If this was "business" it would have been done and dusted months ago, it's only because RFC are a football club that this saga continues. Getting out of admin involves either someone taking on the liabilities (and of course the good bits) or agreeing a CVA. Long term admins can work but only if the company is close to dormant i.e. negligible cash out, running costs etc. None of these were ever going to happen with RFC so it's not "business". What RFC and their followers can't get a grip of is that they exist only because they are a football team in the Scottish PL/FL. Apart from the Harlem Globetrotters I can't think of any other viable sports clubs that exist outwith an organised setup? They should be cocentrating on getting to a solution rather than trying to justify all their extremely dubious actions.

If it was the management of my team (diddy I accept) who were in this state I and the AFC fan base would be baying for blood, not trying to justify it. CW/SDM/Bloo Knights/ Haudit and Daudit? If it was any other small business (turnover c£60m tops) going bust no one would have heard of them.

I suspect I'm wasting my time.

I've nae idea what line of business you're in AND18OY but it's not in the regular world. If this was "business" it would have been done and dusted months ago, it's only because RFC are a football club that this saga continues. Getting out of admin involves either someone taking on the liabilities (and of course the good bits) or agreeing a CVA. Long term admins can work but only if the company is close to dormant i.e. negligible cash out, running costs etc. None of these were ever going to happen with RFC so it's not "business". What RFC and their followers can't get a grip of is that they exist only because they are a football team in the Scottish PL/FL. Apart from the Harlem Globetrotters I can't think of any other viable sports clubs that exist outwith an organised setup? They should be cocentrating on getting to a solution rather than trying to justify all their extremely dubious actions.

If it was the management of my team (diddy I accept) who were in this state I and the AFC fan base would be baying for blood, not trying to justify it. CW/SDM/Bloo Knights/ Haudit and Daudit? If it was any other small business (turnover c£60m tops) going bust no one would have heard of them.

I suspect I'm wasting my time.

Given that admin by statute can last a year and can be extended by application to the courts then there really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

The administrators have decided that cashflow allows them to trade the company whilst negotiating a sale, happens all the time in real business.

One thing the admins positively cannot (by law) is trade at a loss so someone is funding it or the bank account is emptying fast.

Edited by AND180Y

Given that admin by statue can last a year and can be extended by application to the courts then there really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

The administrators have decided that cashflow allows them to trade the company whilst negotiating a sale, happens all the time in real business.

One thing the admins positively cannot (by law) is trade at a loss so someone is funding it or the bank account is emptying fast.

If the administrators are still at the club in a couple of weeks time will it be up to them to ask the punters for season ticket money for next season?

Expanding on the season ticket thing, how many Rangers supporters will be season tickets next season, if this saga is still ongoing ? The way the H&D are running things it probably will be.

There are going to be an awful lot of annoyed fans when Govan Rangers FC make an appearance in the SPL next season, playing in red white and blue strips, playing at Ibrox, and having no debts and a very limited set of punishments.

If thats the case there will be even more empty seats in SPL stadiums next season!

And now we come to the difference of opinion that will not get resolved on a forum! The administrators are not "negotiating a sale"; there is nobody offering to take on the liabilities (real and potential) as well as the assets. End of.

Loosing track again.

I know SPL teams meeting to discuss newco sanctions at end of month,

What are the current sanctions if the Admin contiues into a second season - is it more points off.

And any date for the release of last weeks SFA verdicts yet.

Given that admin by statue can last a year and can be extended by application to the courts then there really isn't anything out of the ordinary.

No wonder things are hardly moving!