Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This message needs to be heard loud and clear before any vote is taken.

Correct. Everybody should let their club know how they feel. Find the fax number and fire off a letter copied to the SPL and SFA.

This whole thing is hard to take as a Killie fan. Predictable, but embarrassing nonetheless. I understand Huistrinho's point well. We become nothing but complicit, actually quite explicitly, in throwing integrity out the window. I'm ashamed by the whole episode. Pumphy Juniors for me.

I have to agree with Gaz Ffc.

There is 30 teams who don't have a tv deal or the old firm visiting them twice a season and there are still playing competitive football. It is ridiculous that Rangers (and potentially Celtic) get to spend money they don't have for years and become a massive force in the game, and then not get punished for cheating! If that's the case, I want Falkirk to spend millions in the next few seasons, get all the glory hunters on board and then become successful, because that seems like a fair deal. We might get a ten point reduction if we are unlucky!

But in truth, i find it hard seeing SPL chairman jump on the 'we need rangers' bandwagon, admitting defeat and justifying their presence in the league. If 30 other teams can do without them, so can the SPL. I would rather see a 'poor' competitive league rather than a Bunch of cheats run the game.

Bit late to the party on this one but have been reading keenly. It seems like too many people are focusing on the money side of things, how much Rangers owe X etc. Surely if money was the issue noone would really have much of an issue of Rangers staying in the SPL because most teams (if not all) have been in dire straits financially at one point or another. The problem is if Rangers are found guilty of using illegal contracts, that then means any time Rangers have beaten your team in that time span they were cheating and it should be null and void. Every penny you spent watching your team play Rangers, they cheated your team out of a fair game and as such cheated you out of your money. If they are guilty of this then surely the only the only recourse is to punt them out of the league system for good. When Juventus were found guilty of ref fixing and cheating for one Serie A season they were relegated, 9 point deduction and recieved a £31,000,000 (equivalent) fine. What would Rangers get if it turns out the illegal contracts were used over a period of 10 or even 15 years? A slap on the wrist and a newco in the Scottish top division would be an insult to anybody who has watched any competitive SPL game or Cup game involving Rangers over that time span.

TL;DR - Rangers are c**nts.

Bit late to the party on this one but have been reading keenly. It seems like too many people are focusing on the money side of things, how much Rangers owe X etc. Surely if money was the issue noone would really have much of an issue of Rangers staying in the SPL because most teams (if not all) have been in dire straits financially at one point or another. The problem is if Rangers are found guilty of using illegal contracts, that then means any time Rangers have beaten your team in that time span they were cheating and it should be null and void. Every penny you spent watching your team play Rangers, they cheated your team out of a fair game and as such cheated you out of your money. If they are guilty of this then surely the only the only recourse is to punt them out of the league system for good. When Juventus were found guilty of ref fixing and cheating for one Serie A season they were relegated, 9 point deduction and recieved a £31,000,000 (equivalent) fine. What would Rangers get if it turns out the illegal contracts were used over a period of 10 or even 15 years? A slap on the wrist and a newco in the Scottish top division would be an insult to anybody who has watched any competitive SPL game or Cup game involving Rangers over that time span.

TL;DR - Rangers are c**nts.

That deserves a greeny!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned The Calciopoli scandal from 2006 in this thread at all but atleast the FIGC doesn't take any shit from big clubs. Even the Italian Prime Ministers club Milan was punished. This was for one season. What will the SFA / SPL do for 20 years of cheating?

I kind of think that if Rangers go down to div.3 then the quality of player Celtic sign may go downand the gap between Celtic and the rest may not be as big as it is now,they will probably lose Hooper plus a couple more in the summer and I can't see them being replaced in a hurry if there is less of a tv deal,Celtic won't overspend they hve seen what has happened to Rangers and of course had their own well documented problems in the past, yes they have Europe but they may not spend heavily to gamble on progress there.

That's probably accurate. I'd be happy with that and a more competitive league, I think, though I realise that sounds patronising.

The SPL needs to look at other leagues which have faced similar problems. For example, let's look at Switzerland. This season they had the Sion nonsense, then Neuchatel Xamax were expelled from the league in mid-season after being bought by a 'not fit and proper person' who was engaging in financial mismanagement and deception (hmm, wonder who that reminds us of?). They only played 18 games, and the season continued with just 9 clubs. Xamax were relegated to the regional leagues at their equivalent of the third division. Then a couple of weeks ago Servette, Young Boys and Zurich were all refused licences on financial grounds. This will naturally cause problems in the Swiss league - the equivalent would be something like Hearts being kicked out of the SPL mid-season and Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hearts being refused licences*. Basel also refused to celebrate winning the title, as Luzern were contesting the result of a match in court. The authorities weren't afraid of issuing the punishments, yet our league authorities are terrified. This 'impossible to please everyone' line is the worst - it's possible to please everyone except the club with everything to lose who caused the situation in the first place. The choice isn't difficult.

*I'd argue that would do more short-term damage than just Rangers being kicked out.

Edited by deerokus

It's a no brainer for those that are voting. Do you go for a definite drop in income by relegating the Rangers clone, or a potential drop in income from boycottes by letting them stay.

This decision is already made. What we're really waiting for is how significant other sanctions might be. Nothing short of crippling them to the point that they are fighting relegation will do me. 40 point deduction for next 3 years (at least) and a wage cap of pennies. Thats most likely as good as you can hope for

Edited by FrugalNory

http://www.thescotti...d-kill-SPL.html

No danger

danger_1504037a.jpg DECISION ... Stephen Thompson Pic: Kenny Ramsay By PAUL HUGHES Published: Today at 01:18

SPL chiefs look certain to lift the threat of relegation from Rangers today — because they fear they'd be ruined.

btn-have-ur-say.png 12 comments

Related Stories

• dorino_1503998f.jpg
Dorin Goian: Crisis killed us off
DORIN GOIAN claims Gers would have WON the title if they hadn't had such financial woe
Hammer them like you did Gretna Goram: 6 SPL clubs will go bustRangers star Jamie: I'm ready for Ness seasonSone and Gers: It's true loveYou daren't kick us out of top

They are due to meet at Hampden to decide how cash-strapped Gers will be punished for financial mismanagement.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson — who will be on that board — admitted he doesn't know how to deal with them without wrecking Scottish football.

Ally McCoist's men face starting again at the bottom of Division Three if Yank Bill Miller forms a newco to deal with their debt.

Thompson says United alone would see £1million wiped from their turnover.

He said: "This season we got £1.4m from the SPL. If we only get £200,000 to £300,000, then how do we fill the £1m? Fans are talking about boycotts — it's a lose-lose situation.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am finding it very stressful, as are most of the board.

"I love my club. I will always do what's best for my club but I've also got an SPL board hat to wear.

"I am not wanting to show my hand yet because I am still mulling over everything."

Thompson admitted he's received emails from angry punters warning they will stay away if a newco Rangers are voted back in.

One Celtic fans group warned yesterday they may boycott away grounds.

Thompson said: "We've got to think about the fans. Without fans you don't have a club.

"But you have all the contracts — we don't know where Sky and ESPN sit in all this."

United manager Peter Houston confessed:

"Personally speaking I think we need to keep Rangers in the SPL.

"I know that fans will be upset by that but being at the sharp end of what's going on with regards to budgets and knowing what it can do for the SPL and Scottish football? I've no doubt we need them.

"Rangers have to be punished somehow — I totally agree with that.

"How they punish them I don't know. But to get rid of Rangers is not something we can think about."

Thompson plus representatives of Celtic, Motherwell and St Johnstone, as well as SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and chairman Ralph Topping will decide Gers' fate — though they COULD adjourn the decision again.

Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston has already made it clear he favours relegating Rangers.

He said: "That's what I will be arguing for, but I do understand that others will look at the financial side, and that will have more sway than sporting integrity.

"I would guess I'll be almost a lone voice, but it doesn't stop me from having my say.

"Everyone agrees that there should be severe punishment, but there are a number of chairmen who will look at the financial thing and say 'Do we want an SPL without Rangers?'

"It will be a question of sporting integrity against financial necessity."

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1u9xrz9Af

So why hasn't some cvnt from the SPL got off his fvcking *rse and gone and spoken to SKY and ESPN about the situation? Just hoping that they will sign the contracts at the end of the season? I hope SKY rip up the contract and say they can't be seen to work with such a corrupt organisation. Now that would be a turn-up for the books! :angry:

Edited by WeeHectorPar

If that shower of shite vote the newco in, I'd hope my team resign from the spl with immediate effect (no 2 year wait, bend rules for one, they can bend for all)

And then I'd hope that the winners of the 1st refuse promotion to the spl whilst newco is in there, citing that they want to play in a competitive league.

No relegation and a one horse title race. Let's see how long the spl would last.

If that shower of shite vote the newco in, I'd hope my team resign from the spl with immediate effect (no 2 year wait, bend rules for one, they can bend for all)

Won't happen. Your club advertises on seeing Rangers and Celtic in the highlands!

And then I'd hope that the winners of the 1st refuse promotion to the spl whilst newco is in there, citing that they want to play in a competitive league.

No relegation and a one horse title race. Let's see how long the spl would last.

Again won't happen. Falkirk or Livingston or Dundee would never refuse more money.

http://www.thescotti...d-kill-SPL.html

So why hasn't some cvnt from the SPL got off his fvcking *rse and gone and spoken to SKY and ESPN about the situation? Just hoping that they will sign the contracts at the end of the season? I hope SKY rip up the contract and say they can't be seen to work with such a corrupt organisation. Now that would be a turn-up for the books! :angry:

This being the Sky that's part owned by Rupert Murdoch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah they can say, 'see that SPL, that's dead corrupt, so it is'

:lol:

It's a no brainer for those that are voting. Do you go for a definite drop in income by relegating the Rangers clone, or a potential drop in income from boycottes by letting them stay.

This decision is already made. What we're really waiting for is how significant other sanctions might be.

Agree. There's no way a newco won't be permitted. It's morally wrong, but they won't make a decision that'll shaft their finances.

Nothing short of crippling them to the point that they are fighting relegation will do me. 40 point deduction for next 3 years (at least) and a wage cap of pennies. Thats most likely as good as you can hope for

dunno, I think the chairmen will have to consider the reaction of UEFA and FIFA when setting the punishment.

Permitting a newco is pretty poor stuff however it's framed financially

Won't happen. Your club advertises on seeing Rangers and Celtic in the highlands!

Again won't happen. Falkirk or Livingston or Dundee would never refuse more money.

Sadly, both points are true.

A man can dream his team and the rest of the Scottish footballing world would show them the errors of their ways.

Sadly, looks like we are all being taken for a ride we don't want

Sadly, both points are true.

A man can dream his team and the rest of the Scottish footballing world would show them the errors of their ways.

Sadly, looks like we are all being taken for a ride we don't want

I think fans can only follow events from now. Your chairman will do what he reckons is best for your club.

No chairman will take a high principled stance and say 'this is the right thing to do, but my club loses £x,000'

Rangers will get in as a newco.

The only stance that you can really take is to say

'I won't attend Ibrox as an away fan'

What's the point of giving them huge point deductions when they can't be relegated? If they are too beneficial to be kicked out then why would they be allowed to go down?

Very true. Be as well saying whatever happens in the first 33 games, you'll be in the bottom six after the split, that's the punishment.

TBH I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with it all. Today could be a big day for me as regards attending games again.

it's balancing a protest with harming your own club. Tough call bud.