Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Mmmm ....they dont play at Firhill and am pretty sure they have taken quite a long lease at the Showgrounds.

Actually they played Connaught at the weekend at Firhill. The move to Scotstoun Stadium isn't until next season as far as I remember.

Did anyone know before this all kicked off that SKY had a clause in its contract which said it had to have 4 OF games?

As Alex Thomson has already pointed out, that will be the whole thing screwed when a Rangers full of kids and hasbeens fail to make the top 6 at the split. Cue Sky claiming the SPL have broken the terms of the contract and they don't need to pay out what was agreed. Cue lengthy and expensive court case from SPL to try and get the money, meanwhile the clubs find themselves worse off than had they agreed to tell Rangers to piss off and take their medicine in the first place.

Only in Scotland - business acumen of donkeys! The Spirit of Darien is alive and well.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Actually they played Connaught at the weekend at Firhill. The move to Scotstoun Stadium isn't until next season as far as I remember.

Firhill contract finished on Saturday....today is Monday = they dont play at Firhill!

I said this in a post yesterday. 100 years of my family watching the jags would die with me and my 2 kids refusing to set foot inside Firhill ever again if we were in the SPHell and David Beattie voted to keep the biggest bigoted, cheating football club in the planet, in the league. It would be a no brainer for me

Easy enough to say when your club isn't actually in the SPL at the moment. ;)

That makes no difference whatsoever to my opinion. If all Scottish football club chairmen were asked to vote and ours voted to save them, that would be me and my family finished at Firhill

You would have thought that SPL chairmen and boards would have learned to prepare for the loss of TV money during the Setanta fiasco, if they have put themselves in a position where the integrity and sporting nature of the game are held to ransom by a third party like Rupert Murdoch's Sky then hell mend them.

When the SPL chairmen capitulate to the offer of filthy lucre, and the newco emerges in the SPL 2012-13, what do we do?

When the SPL was set up they had Roger Mitchell as the head honcho. If nothing else he was a marketing man and worked hard to get the SPL seen as a quality product. How do you get the Bank of Scotland advertising when the perimeter board beside theirs is for "Big Tam, wreckers and breakers'. This has been very successful with Clydesdale Bank the league sponsor, Coca Cola, Wm Hill, the BBC, Sega, Thos Cook etc. all now involved.

These are companies with reputations to defend and protect and can be brought down and contaminated by association. Just like the effect that Big Tam wreckers and breakers would do.

Clydesdale Bank is opting out. The financial sector doesn't get a good press at the minute. So which company wants to be seen providing financial support to a setup based on lying and cheating. So it would be important that every potential sponsor understands the risk they are running to their own reputation.

This will also apply to clubs. Know 2 companies one sponsoring Dundee Utd the other Dunfermline who will not put any money into their clubs if they go ahead with a Rangers newco straight into the SPL.

We can all do our bit. I met a partner in a professional firm a few weeks back who is also a keen Rangers fan. To the extent he has a hospitality booking there where he brings along a dozen or so clients to home games. He is of a mind that Rangers must survive and any club getting in the way will do so at their peril. The usual subtle threats as demonstrated by Ally McCoist.

The order he would have been getting would have been a decent wee earner over the next 3-4 years. However I thought why should we subsidise anyone with this bullying and what appears to be typical Rangers attitude. He doesn't know it yet, but he ain't getting an order.

So if large companies are tempted to get involved with any contaminated SPL they should be told. And starting with the BBC. Why should the taxpayers give more of their money to help tax avoiders?

We can move Chic and Traynor to Sunny Govan community radio quite easily.

Quote from Warren Buffet who know a thing or three about what makes successful companies "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Would suggest all SPL chairmen read and understand this before they rush into anything.

Edited by thelegendthatis

It just shows how short sighted the SPL chairmen are. Without rankgers almost any one of them has a shot at europe.

What does St Mirren fans look forward to at the start of a season? Is not being relegated all they hope for? At least in the SFL every fan has the hope of promotion even if it is only for a few weeks at the start.

In the SPL NO other teams have a hope of winning the league, and never will.

What an appalling response. Are you suggesting that every supporter out with the SPL has no integrity when it comes to following through with their principles ? He is saying exactly what a lot of SPL supporters are saying. The only difference is in the timing. Of course, in your world, all of the SPL fans will do exactly as they have said in relation to walking away.

It just shows how short sighted the SPL chairmen are. Without rankgers almost any one of them has a shot at europe.

What does St Mirren fans look forward to at the start of a season? Is not being relegated all they hope for? At least in the SFL every fan has the hope of promotion even if it is only for a few weeks at the start.

In the SPL NO other teams have a hope of winning the league, and never will.

Oh dear. You do realise the ultimate prize in the SFL is promotion to a league where "NO other teams have a hope of winning the league, and never will"? In effect you are slogging along to join the big clubs slogging along.

Sad that the Killie chairman (and probably most SPL chairmen for that matter) doesn't see the chance of his team finishing a bit higher up the league as being more important than some tainted cash from a bunch of cheats. Sure the fans of most SPL clubs would be exited at the chance of finishing 2nd and getting a bit of European football. What the fans want and what the chairmen want are two different things. If I was an SPL chairman, I'd have tried to take a poll of season ticket holders on this matter and agreed to abide by the fans wishes. Then again, I live in cloud cuckoo land....

I want to see rangers thrown out the league for creating a culture of cheating at the boardroom level that has lasted decades and proven very fruitful for them. Since the creation of the spl it has been dominated by rangers who've won the majority of the trophies available in that time. I'd rather see my team cut its costs and play in a fairer competition. If we got relegated i'd still support them in the first division etc.

Thing is though, when newco rangers get voted back in, I won't stop supporting my team and will still go to games with the same frequency I do now. Maybe get to about a third of games in a season. For me its always been about cheering on my club and entertainment. I get a buzz out of football that I don't think would change even if a newco rangers are allowed back in.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat as me, but there are a lot of people who will walk away. No doubt they'd be tarred as 'idiots' by traynor et al, but I have respect for people who take this stance, it can't be easy walking away from your club. Would be ironic if it turned out that allowing the newco rangers back in was actually what 'killed Scottish football'

Been reading what many of the SPL chairmen and managers have been saying about rankgers. Many of them are saying "oh the fans dont understand. We will lose a lot of money if they get punted."

True, but you'll just have to do what every other club outwith the SPhell has to do and "cut their cloth."

I think you are not seeing the worst case scenario, clubs have players on contracts, thoses contracts can't just be broken as revenue drops, those wages must be honoured (at worst). Loyalty bonus and sign on fees....oops. Staged transfer fees commitments sitting on the books due to go out...oops. Bank debt authorised on future income....oops.

Cutting your cloth broadly means means selling players, getting the contract commitments off the books. It's not exactly a vibrant transfer market out there, all the scottish clubs (Celtic maybe less so) will be in the same nae-money boat - so you rely on selling to the lower tiers of the english league. Cutting cloth has the capacity to turn into touching cloth pretty quick.

The SPL chairmen have a choice and it's not about sporting integrity etc, its become benefactors and invest in their club to cover the obligations they have untl their club can rebalance on a new footing (punish rangers), or don't (keep rangers going in the spl). Some can, but won't want to, some can't. So after all, it turns out that in the short term atleast, spl does need rangers - certainly when faced with the prospect of dipping into their pockets. It's unfortuate state of affairs, but thats the reality today, right now.

What an appalling response. Are you suggesting that every supporter out with the SPL has no integrity when it comes to following through with their principles ? He is saying exactly what a lot of SPL supporters are saying. The only difference is in the timing. Of course, in your world, all of the SPL fans will do exactly as they have said in relation to walking away.

Football fans have always looked for an excuse to walk away and the rangers issue is just the latest excuse. We heard it when the SPL was set up and we'll hear it when the SPL folds, but TBH I don't think sporting integrity extends beyond how it affects our individual clubs. If the breaks go our way we celebrate, if they go against us we moan like f**k and talk of boycotts. It's the only thing that remains constant in the game.

Motherwell are in a tricky position because they also went through an Administration (which lasted two years), ended up paying their creditors 20p in the pound, owed several hundred thousand pounds in tax and social security, avoided relegation on a technicality and received no punishment whatsoever.

Almost the full first team at Motherwell were laid off within days of administration, meaning that a team of young boys had to fulfil the fixtures.

If Falkirk had spent money on their ground rather than their team, or if Clyde had ended up top instead of Falkirk, then administration would have led to relegation.

However, in their ongoing cheating Rangers have retained almost their full first team.

Did anyone know before this all kicked off that SKY had a clause in its contract which said it had to have 4 OF games?

:blink:

Really?

Fuxxake go and read this thread from the start. :huh:

Football fans have always looked for an excuse to walk away and the rangers issue is just the latest excuse. We heard it when the SPL was set up and we'll hear it when the SPL folds, but TBH I don't think sporting integrity extends beyond how it affects our individual clubs. If the breaks go our way we celebrate, if they go against us we moan like f**k and talk of boycotts. It's the only thing that remains constant in the game.

Suggest you read the last few thousand postings on here. Check out the websites such as Rangers Tax case and the Paul McConville one. Thommo on Channel4.

Look at what Platini and UEFA are saying, look at what the English Championship is putting in place for fair play and integrity.

You can claim these are all minority viewpoints. I would argue exactly the opposite, and that f the stupid blinkered attitudes that so corrupts football in Scotland the attendances would increase and new generations of support would be created. What normal parent would take their kids to a game when Rangers were in town?

Oh dear. You do realise the ultimate prize in the SFL is promotion to a league where "NO other teams have a hope of winning the league, and never will"? In effect you are slogging along to join the big clubs slogging along.

Geez, could you not at least lie to us? sad.gif