Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's probably accurate. I'd be happy with that and a more competitive league, I think, though I realise that sounds patronising.

The SPL needs to look at other leagues which have faced similar problems. For example, let's look at Switzerland. This season they had the Sion nonsense, then Neuchatel Xamax were expelled from the league in mid-season after being bought by a 'not fit and proper person' who was engaging in financial mismanagement and deception (hmm, wonder who that reminds us of?). They only played 18 games, and the season continued with just 9 clubs. Xamax were relegated to the regional leagues at their equivalent of the third division. Then a couple of weeks ago Servette, Young Boys and Zurich were all refused licences on financial grounds. This will naturally cause problems in the Swiss league - the equivalent would be something like Hearts being kicked out of the SPL mid-season and Aberdeen, Dundee United and Hearts being refused licences*. Basel also refused to celebrate winning the title, as Luzern were contesting the result of a match in court. The authorities weren't afraid of issuing the punishments, yet our league authorities are terrified. This 'impossible to please everyone' line is the worst - it's possible to please everyone except the club with everything to lose who caused the situation in the first place. The choice isn't difficult.

*I'd argue that would do more short-term damage than just Rangers being kicked out.

They seem to be scared of doing the morally right thing which to be fair is understandable in a way ,they are losing money on the face of it if Rangers go down,however there is a part of me that thinks that they are just deluding themselves that Sky will keep paying good money(kind of) for the SPL . I think the next deal wont be great anyway, I can't see many bidders for the SPL ,maybe ESPN but the bid wont be improved and possibly less than now, would people in Scotland cancel their subs for sky if their is no SPL ? Maybe some but lets face it with EPL, La Liga and golf F1 etc i don't see many cancelling. and those that do may go to more games anyway,Scottish clubs need more crowds not more games on tv. I can't see Rangers being in or out of the SPL making as big a difference as they seem to think.

1336389667[/url]' post='6209602']

I am aware of that. However, that's not how it was presented in the post I quoted.

Not to mention quotes that were seemingly not attributable to Paul at all.

Mebbes naw...

I'm no fan of the GOP but Ron Paul is far from racist. When trying to smear, one should always check the source of the evidence. Bill Miller could be a multiple goat rapist for all I care, but to declare him racist by proxy using shite as evidence show that you're every bit as deluded as those you defame.

Same arse, different cheeks.

you would think wouldn't you. but it's not one team facing a drop in revenue for possibly as little as one year before getting back to suck the teet of TV\OF - it's 10 of them, and not for one year, for a number of years until the business model works again.

You have to remember that football has changed so much. Most clubs in the SPL have a plethora of loan players. There is so many more short term contracts from players that feel they just need to prove themselves again. Now that most clubs would never add players outgoing value as an asset, most clubs could shrug off a large percentage of their wage bill in one fell swoop.

The key is that the mess has to be sorted out soon, so that the clubs have time not to renew contracts etc. If this is not sorted by the end of the season, you would think they have to be tough and boot them out so that the teams can get to budgeting for next season.

Lets see what happens, i am not holding my breath for anything spectacular today.

Nailed on adjournment today.

"Right boys, we could sort out this Rangers thing the now. But I hear on the grape vine that spoons have a Curry night on the day. Which is it going to be?"

The key is that the mess has to be sorted out soon, so that the clubs have time not to renew contracts etc. If this is not sorted by the end of the season, you would think they have to be tough and boot them out so that the teams can get to budgeting for next season.

Problem is - that needs movement (liquidation/Newco/etc.). They could still be in admin in X weeks time.

Lets see what happens, i am not holding my breath for anything spectacular today.

The key to this mess is the behaviour of Rangers FC and any urgency is brought about by their desperation to newco into the SPL whilst the other bit - including their founding company and its toxic history is liquidated. It can drag on forever as far as my club is concerned. No urgency round these parts. Go to Spoons for a curry guys.

Edited by eightmile

Nailed on adjournment today.

"Right boys, we could sort out this Rangers thing the now. But I hear on the grape vine that spoons have a Curry night on the day. Which is it going to be?"

I believe that most establishments have curry nights on Thursdays. No idea why, they just do.

Not to mention quotes that were seemingly not attributable to Paul at all.

Mebbes naw...

I'm no fan of the GOP but Ron Paul is far from racist. When trying to smear, one should always check the source of the evidence. Bill Miller could be a multiple goat rapist for all I care, but to declare him racist by proxy using shite as evidence show that you're every bit as deluded as those you defame.

Same arse, different cheeks.

Nah, they were just controversial comments in newsletters published in his name in the 1980s and 1990s.

With a slight obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays. :rolleyes:

Frankie Boyle@frankieboyle

"It would be amazing if the SPL representatives at today's meeting, instead of relegating Rangers , set them a series of 12 Mythical Tasks"

Any suggestions as to what the tasks could be? :P

"It would be amazing if the SPL representatives at today's meeting, instead of relegating Rangers , set them a series of 12 Mythical Tasks"

All members of staff have to wrestle a bear. Perhaps a 10 mile hop.

They must seek out morality, humility, integrity as the first three

The key to this mess is the behaviour of Rangers FC and any urgency is brought about by their desperation to newco into the SPL whilst the other bit - including their founding company and its toxic history is liquidated. It can drag on forever as far as my club is concerned. No urgency round these parts. Go to Spoons for a curry guys.

I do agree with this. The SPL needs to take it time to get the right solution - not a quick kneejerk one to suit Rangers tight timescales.

Paying their taxes seems to involve Herculean effort, so that would do for starters.

they have to send the ogre davie dodds of to the kitsch golden palace of vatican city and return with 4 spinner hubcaps from the popemobile.

You get the impression they'll be sitting about drinking coffee, telling jokes and killing time to give the impression of a lengthy discussion before emerging in pairs giving it "no comment" then Doncaster will stand on the steps of Hampden and announce an adjournment until further clarity is achieved.