Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Waiting until the season is done and dusted so that Yorkston can't ruin their plans? No Rangers at meeting + Yorkston's stance= Plans ruined.

Why was the vote on changing the voting structure also deffered? This has to be being used as a sweetener to save the cheats there would be no reason to deffer that vote otherwise.

Ultimate stand off between the 'Chairmen', the Buns, Miller and the right thinking fans. Everyone is waiting to see who blinks first.

My Parkhead season ticket holding mate says he is happy to let his renewal deadline (18th May) go by, he's not handing over a penny until he knows what he's being asked to pay for.

This is all about delaying to get the newco registered in time for Saturday. This is what it's all about. Once done f**k all can happen to the rangers. wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't been drip fed to them from someone within the spl on how to go about it.

Understand SPL delay. They do not want to be the names for the cause of death on RFC death certificate or be in the position where Miller can say 'due to SPL decision i withdraw my bid'.

If i was on SPL board i would sit back and let them kill themselves too, as Miller has not even set up a newco yet, got Haudit & Daudit to propose a CVA, get that rejected by the creditors realise he will have to be the one to liquidate and when he says done all that turn to Ally and say about the team for next season and Ally to go 'what team on their revised terms they've all gone'.

I still foresee them dying

Edited by MEADOWXI

Understand SPL delay. They do want to be the names for the cause of death on RFC death certificate or be in the position where Miller can say 'due to SPL decision i withdraw my bid'.

If i was on SPL board i would sit back and let them kill themselves too, as Miller has not even set up a newco yet, got Haudit & Daudit to propose a CVA, get that rejected by the creditors realise he will have to be the one to liquidate and when he says done all that turn to Ally and say about the team for next season and Ally to go 'what team on their revised terms they've all gone'.

Agreed. SPL are waiting for someone else to wield the knife - HMRC, Whytey or Miller to drop out. They know there is no money to keep trading past the end of this month. Pointless letting in a 'Newco' only for no Newco to be in a position to play a fixture on the opening day of the season.

I believe that he is at the Due Diligence stage where he has exclusive access to the books. There is nothing to stop him looking at them and saying 'i'm outta here'.

Couple of things on that:

1. I think he is termed as the 'non-exclusive' Preferred Bidder as he didn't actually cough-up the £500k exclusivity fee.

2. Weren't Duff & Duffer saying this spell lasts only a limited time (1-2 weeks?) so therefore he's gonna have to give a definitive response to the Administrators before the SPL reconvene????

........or will we see the moving goalposts with deadlines YET AGAIN?!!!!

Agreed. SPL are waiting for someone else to wield the knife - HMRC, Whytey or Miller to drop out. They know there is no money to keep trading past the end of this month. Pointless letting in a 'Newco' only for no Newco to be in a position to play a fixture on the opening day of the season.

Interesting take on it.

Fingers crossed you're right!

This is another smokescreen people. The FFP proposals are for future seasons. The current set up doesn't prohibit the entry of a newco in any event. Rangers 2012 will be back in and comfy thanks very much prior to any of this taking effect. These meetings are largely an irrelevance.

Edited by Drooper

Understand SPL delay. They do not want to be the names for the cause of death on RFC death certificate or be in the position where Miller can say 'due to SPL decision i withdraw my bid'.

The following company was set up:

Rangers FC Acquisitions Ltd

The sole shareholder is Atholl Incorporations Ltd and the Director is Mr Julian Voge. Both are based at the offices of Brodies, Solicitors, in Edinburgh. Mr Voge is one of the top corporate lawyers in Scotland. One of the roles performed by Brodies is to set up companies for its clients, before the transfer of shares and directorships to the real parties.

Rumour has it that this company has been set up by Miller in the event that he chooses to move forward with the acquisition.

Agreed. It's a re-rerun of every club in insolvency fiasco there's every been in Scotland, doing nothing until they're absolutely forced to in the hope they will go bust and no longer be their problem.

Now Miller knows he's not going to get his way, not going to get his guarantees, and his unsavoury political dealings are starting to come out as well (the good old boy opposing Martin Luther King Day, eh?), he may take this as a sign that it's not worth his bother, especially as like most of his kind he'll be more interested in throwing money at the Republican to ensure Obama's kicked out come November. Save Rangers, or get rid of a black President of the USA? What do you think he's going to more interested in putting his money in?

Come Friday, expect the inevitable announcement.

This is all about delaying to get the newco registered in time for Saturday. This is what it's all about. Once done f**k all can happen to the rangers. wouldn't surprise me if this hasn't been drip fed to them from someone within the spl on how to go about it.

Given how slow this sorry saga has been moving, I'd be amazed if Miller can do all that by the weekend.

Correct, & when the ruling comes out about the double contracts, you'll be kicked out of Scottish Football full stop. ;)

The whole point of EBT's is that they are non contractual, so how can you have a contract for something that is non contractual?

This is another smokescreen people. The FFP proposals are for future seasons. The current set up doesn't prohibit the entry of a newco in any event. Rangers 2012 will ne back in and comfy thanks very much prior to any of this taking effect. These meeting are largely an irrelevance.

It does, SPL rules state that ALL member clubs must be in possesion of a Uefa licence, Uefa rules state that Newco's cannot get a Uefa licence for 3 years, so going with the rules Newco's can't get a Uefa licence so can't take their place in the SPL

It does, SPL rules state that ALL member clubs must be in possesion of a Uefa licence, Uefa rules state that Newco's cannot get a Uefa licence for 3 years, so going with the rules Newco's can't get a Uefa licence so can't take their place in the SPL

Can you prove this? because the idea has been doing the rounds for months and no-one seems to have a definite answer.

The whole point of EBT's is that they are non contractual, so how can you have a contract for something that is non contractual?

The players (apparently) had a contract for normal wages, which the SFA and the tax man saw and tax was paid on, but they also had a 2nd contact for the lions share of their wages being paid into an EBT tax free, players were given a take home value for their wages. No player would have taken the lump sum offered in an EBT without some written gaurantee (A contract) to ensure they did get paid, this is the second contract that they are looking into

I've heard of this, but it contradicts what the suits have been publically claiming.

ETA: do you have a link to where this is formally laid out?

Edited by Drooper