Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Regarding the UEFA licence requirement in the SPL - although it would seem unclear as to whether they are needed, even if they are, the SPL will probably come up with some sort of "grandfather ruling" allowing any team already in the league to stay there as they try to regain a licence.

At least they will in this case.

I'm not doubting you but I don't see anything in that part of the document that says a UEFA license is required to play in the SPL. 3.3.2 says that a license is required to play in 'the UEFA Club Competitions' but there's no mention in the section you've linked to that says it's needed for SPL participation.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong - is there another section that covers this?

But it makes specific reference to SPL, what happened when Raith won the cup, or say any other 1st divison club were to win the cup and get a Uefa space, I'll dig a bit deeper as i know i have seen it some where

This seems like good news to me.

However, an SPL spokesperson said the 11 member clubs present at Monday's meeting "unanimously called for the power to deal with any newco application to be moved from the board to the clubs".

"This requires 21 clear days' notice," added the spokesperson. "The clubs will therefore meet again on 30 May to consider a resolution designed to achieve this.

"In the event that an application for transfer of share to a newco is received before 30 May, then it can be dealt with by the SPL board.

"The SPL board have indicated that they would, in those circumstances, call together the clubs before any such decision was made.

So

- All the clubs will get a vote

- Even if the newco apply now all the clubs will vote

- The decision is taken out of Doncaster s hand

So It wont just be down to the SPL board it will be down to all the clubs. Ok we might not like what they decide however no club and the SPL cannot shy away from it.

Again Doncaster has quite smugly for months said it would be the SPL board who decides well not any more.

See I read this the complete opposite way around. It now leaves the door open for the clubs to hold an indicative vote... 7-5, 8-4, 9-3, whatever... then SPL Board votes to allow a NewCo "respecting the wishes of clubs" whilst simaltanesouly insulating themselves from criticism as "the men who saved Rangers". If application is made before 30th May.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Regarding the UEFA licence requirement in the SPL - although it would seem unclear as to whether they are needed, even if they are, the SPL will probably come up with some sort of "grandfather ruling" allowing any team already in the league to stay there as they try to regain a licence.

At least they will in this case.

no need for them to improvise,,

Rule A2.7, the board may, in it's absolute discretion, waive, relax o grant a period of grace in respect of any club or candidate club's requirement to comply with any part of the membership crieria and/or the time limit for applications, approval, waiver, relaxation or period of grace etc.and/or for registration of a ground with the league.

no matter what arguments are put forward, they're in and there's fvck all anybody can do about it apart from telling them all to go fvck themselves and inform them that you won't be taking up their kind offer of a season ticket to the rigged pantomime.

Brechin don't have a UEFA licence due to the Glebe Park pitch being too narrow to meet the UEFA standard, hence all the 'Hedge under threat' nonsense over the last couple of years. We'd normally get a fine for each year we have the pitch in it's current form although this has been relaxed as we've shown that we're looking into it.

Despite this lack of licence, we're not going to be chucked out of the league any time soon, although I'm not sure of the differences in the rule books between the SFL / SPL, i.e. minimum seating requirements etc etc.

Brechin don't have a UEFA licence due to the Glebe Park pitch being too narrow to meet the UEFA standard, hence all the 'Hedge under threat' nonsense over the last couple of years. We'd normally get a fine for each year we have the pitch in it's current form although this has been relaxed as we've shown that we're looking into it.

Despite this lack of licence, we're not going to be chucked out of the league any time soon, although I'm not sure of the differences in the rule books between the SFL / SPL, i.e. minimum seating requirements etc etc.

Cheats. Get them kicked out too, then we can elect Spartans and Cove to the Third Division.

What I want to know is which 6 clubs (that's the latest scaremongering) are going bust.

I'll say:-

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee Utd

Dunfermline

Hearts

Kilmarnock

Think Hibs, St Mirren & St Johnstone would be OK. Motherwell maybe, not sure about Inverness.

But it makes specific reference to SPL, what happened when Raith won the cup, or say any other 1st divison club were to win the cup and get a Uefa space, I'll dig a bit deeper as i know i have seen it some where

I would tend to agree with you and I vaguely remember before these licences were put in place that the SFA came out and said all SPL clubs would need one, I believe when they wrote the documentation on the licence criteria that the spirit was that all SPL clubs would have to have them but at the time no-one would have envisioned Rangers being in the position they are, however it is not stated anywhere in simple language that an SPL club requires the UEFA licence.

See I read this the complete opposite way around. It now leaves the door open for the clubs to hold an indicative vote... 7-5, 8-4, 9-3, whatever... then SPL Board votes to allow a NewCo "respecting the wishes of clubs" whilst simaltanesouly insulating themselves from criticism as "the men who saved Rangers". If application is made before 30th May.

If an application is made before 30th may the explicitly say they will open it up to all the clubs. Fans of every club

know this now. They should pressure them into revealing there vote before or after. We should

demand that every club reveals their vote.

As I said though they could if they wanted force a new co to be relegated and allow them back in.

Surely you must admit this is better then Doncaster and 3 clubs voting on this.

Doncaster would vote them back in without punishment tomorrow and he is not accountable to any fan base with season ticket renewals.

Raith won the league that season and so played in Europe as a Premier team. Not sure the licencing laws were the same then anyway tbh.

Not that it would happen, but it would be a lovely twist of fate should a newco be rejected after a 9-2 vote in its favour.

What I want to know is which 6 clubs (that's the latest scaremongering) are going bust.

I'll say:-

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee Utd

Dunfermline

Hearts

Kilmarnock

Think Hibs, St Mirren & St Johnstone would be OK. Motherwell maybe, not sure about Inverness.

They've been predicting financial doom in the Scottish League if one big club isn't in it since the days of Queen's Park boycotting the first ten years. It was crap then, it is crap now.