Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The highest attendances at NDP were against Aberdeen and Dundee - games both sets of fans attended in numbers because of the chance of seeing a victory.

Old Firm games at NDP were less well attended, mainly due to Accies fans seeing the outcome as, more or less, a forgone conclusion.

That isn't correct.

SPL crowds v Aberdeen:

* 4,334 (NY game)

* 2,968 - 2,140

v Dundee Utd

* 4,385 (opening match in SPL) - 3,058 - 3,025

* 2,456 - 2,011

v Celtic

* 4,689 - 4,922

v Rangers

* 4,613 - 5,895

* 5,356 - 4,526

To be honest we have never really been listened to. But football was not televised 24/7 so i like thousands others went , week in week out. We had to put up with terrible conditions. Catering was basic,and you took your live in your hands going to the toilet. Some didn't even bother.

So do not think that there was a "golden age", maybe the game was more honest and the guys who played it.

The clubs relied heavily on the support There was not a great deal of sponsorship and the TV cash would be minimal. So i like the improvements in the grounds and the fact that the games are on the box, but that has come at a heavy price.

I gave up my season after Vlad started to interfere so i do not go as much as i used to but i am still Hearts through and through. Maybe the fact that 1 person can own a club like a toy now is the worst thing that has happened to the game/sport here in my time watching football, and i was taken to my first game in the 60,s I can safely say that i have never felt so disappointed withe game or so detached from it.

Sorry but I do not think you are Hearts 'through and through'! You are Hearts when it suits you. I have watched the Hearts since the early 60's and the running of the club during this spell and then the 70s was very embarrassing. Hearts were dreadful with poor crowds. Hearts under Mr Romanov attract bigger crowds (average) than then and they have been fighting for honours during most of his tenure, even winning the Scottish Cup.

Hearts 'through and through'...no. Supporters who claim to be fans 'through and through' should support their team unconditionally and whoever is chairman.

Stooopid question, but I'm sure somebody said Motherwell have only recently exited administration????? Why didn't they start with -10????

I believe that it was because the 10 point penalty rule had not been invented at that point.

Stooopid question, but I'm sure somebody said Motherwell have only recently exited administration????? Why didn't they start with -10????

Because they were wrong..we exited administration in 2004 but were still paying back money until last year.

Hearts 'through and through'...no. Supporters who claim to be fans 'through and through' should support their team unconditionally and whoever is chairman.

Using that approach, we can't criticise the Gers fans! :o

Sorry but I do not think you are Hearts 'through and through'! You are Hearts when it suits you. I have watched the Hearts since the early 60's and the running of the club during this spell and then the 70s was very embarrassing. Hearts were dreadful with poor crowds. Hearts under Mr Romanov attract bigger crowds (average) than then and they have been fighting for honours during most of his tenure, even winning the Scottish Cup.

You are intitled to your opinon, and i mine.

In terms of actual tangible happenings - since Feb 14:

Russell & Smith jumped ship.

Cellik & Wylde walked.

Squad agree temporary pay cuts.

Soccerball Bill announced as preferred bidder.

Is that it? I must have missed something!

everyone is mentioning 11-1, 10-2 and 8-4 etc in voting the decisions at the next SPL meeting. Surely Rangers/Duff and Phelps don't get a vote in all this????

I'm thinking particularly about the "should a newco be allowed right back into the league as long as it's Rangers?" question.

83 days since they went into administration... 88 days until season 12/13 kicks off - chances of it being sorted?

Er, and what happens if it's not?

We need a deadline here. I'd like to know how SPL teams came up with the price of their 2012-2013 season tickets?

How long can we really let this uncertainty run?

everyone is mentioning 11-1, 10-2 and 8-4 etc in voting the decisions at the next SPL meeting. Surely Rangers/Duff and Phelps don't get a vote in all this????

I'm thinking particularly about the "should a newco be allowed right back into the league as long as it's Rangers?" question.

Rangers get a vote as they are still a member until the share is transferred to new improved Rangers. By the time the vote is taken, however, Dunfermilne will no longer have a vote.

Motherwell got to vote on whether or not they should be relegated in 2003, think they voted to stay in the SPL.

Nothing makes much sense when it comes to SPL and voting.

Knowing the SPL, Rangers/H&D will be the only ones allowed to vote ;)

In terms of actual tangible happenings - since Feb 14:

Russell & Smith jumped ship.

Cellik & Wylde walked.

Squad agree temporary pay cuts.

Soccerball Bill announced as preferred bidder.

Is that it? I must have missed something!

Duff & Phelps made a few bob.

Because they were wrong..we exited administration in 2004 but were still paying back money until last year.

ta :)

Proposed rule changes for Financial Fairplay - and this proposed rule change to make a GM of clubs approve a Newco, instead of the Board - apply to everyone.

Whether or not Rangers get a vote at a GM called to consider an application from Rangers to transfer their share will depend on the wording of that second rule change.

But there's a fairly substantial degree of poster hypocrisy in this, isn't there, if 8-4 is the proposed GM threshold :rolleyes:?

People are always completely outraged about the unfairness of 11-1 or similar voting systems, the "OF veto", etc. ...

... then when a democratic 8-4 is on the table, but it might mean something they don't like happening - suddenly it not being 11-1 or similar is outrageous :lol:!!

Yes, there is hypocrisy evident on here.

However, it only mirrors that evident among those who wield power.

I know whose is more reprehensible and damaging.

Nice wee dig by our board on the offishul site.....

When you look at that segment in the wider context of the statement it actually looks more like they're trying to shift the blame for their own shortcomings rather than having a dig.

It is an open secret that we, along with many other clubs, have had to battle hard to survive in these testing economic times. Scottish Football is at something of a crossroads just now – the SPL seem unable to act for the greater good of the game generally, with an inability to even decide how many teams they want in the top division – far less as to getting their minds round what the supporters want in terms of competition and variety.

Given such a backdrop of uncertainty, the Board have decided to revert to a mixture of full and part time players for next season. The Management Team is already hard at work to get players fixed up for the next campaign. Some players who have served us well over past seasons will be moving on – and we thank them for their efforts and wish them well.

The SFA have now changed the criteria for Youth Football. Currently all those teams with a youth programme in place are considering their options under the new guidelines. We are no different in this respect and over the coming few weeks decisions will be made as to how we best compete in this activity.

Budgets will therefore be based on having a mix of part-time and full-time players, the cost to the club in respect of youth football generally, and further consolidation of our cost base. There is, as ever, a balance to be struck between control of expenditure and product on the park. Without the latter, attendances fall, income suffers, and problems ensue. It is never an easy balance to strike – even more so in tough economic times.