Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Excellent, I am looking for someone who is a whizz on Excel - adding up columns, and doing sums. Suspect you are my man. smile.gif

Nah .. I do my numbers on the back of an envelope. Excel is for kids who can't count.

Excellent, I am looking for someone who is a whizz on Excel - adding up columns, and doing sums. Suspect, you are my man. smile.gif

Sorted ;)

Nah .. I do my numbers on the back of an envelope. Excel is for kids who can't count.

Paquis, Bill Miller is the last man standing and is relying on assurances that have already been given - that Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season. How can the SPL board credibly claim that they are going to determine a punishment for liquidation after these assurances have already been given? They are basically waiting to buy-off the diddies who want a change to the voting structure.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Paquis, Bill Miller is the last man standing and is relying on assurances that have already been given - that Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season. How can the SPL board credibly claim that they are going to determine a punishment for liquidation after these assurances have already been given? They are basically waiting to buy-off the diddies who want a change to the voting structure.

For the 'gang of ten', Rangers supporting them against Celtic in the voting structure might be a deal worth doing. ph34r.gif

Not putting a hole in yer boat, but as a Falkirk fan shouldn't your ire/rage etc be directed at the SFL? Ensure that if they do end up in the 3rd they will be but minnows, that is your purpose!

For me i have it in my head Rangers will either be an SPL team or consigned to the history books next season.

Liquidation and the punishments that surround it, coupled with the problems they already have mean i very much doubt they can operate at such a level.

For me it's SPL or bust for them.

SPL Mission statement and objectives. Hold on until I find the sick bucket, I feel a barf coming on....

http://www.scotprem....lt.asp?page=s32

Organise a league competition, adhering to rules and regulations set down by the governing bodies of the game

Uefas mission statement... a governing body I do believe.......

• A world where, in the eyes of everyone both inside and outside the football family, football represents integrity, sportsmanship and loyalty – in accordance with the principles of fair play.

Frankie Boyle@frankieboyle

"It would be amazing if the SPL representatives at today's meeting, instead of relegating Rangers , set them a series of 12 Mythical Tasks"

Any suggestions as to what the tasks could be? :P

1-Pay your taxes. 

2- Defeat the philanderer Bluto without the aid of spinach. 

3-Win fans UEFA fair play award. 

4-Slay a Minotaur with the blade of excalibur.

5-Wear black armbands for three consecutive seasons for shamefully cheating the game.  

6-Help those in need, raise money for Ally's gastric band surgery.   

7-Win a major UK equestrian event with Pegasus the divine winged horse.

8-Sing Happy songs.

9-Unblock a toilet pan faster than the Super Mario Bros. 

10-Sacrifice a goat.

11-Obtain a fit & proper person to own the club. 

12-Run a non-profitable soup kitchen for disadvantaged unicorns. 

1-Pay your taxes.

2- Defeat the philanderer Bluto without the aid of spinach.

3-Win fans UEFA fair play award.

4-Slay a Minotaur with the blade of excalibur.

5-Wear black armbands for three consecutive seasons for shamefully cheating the game.

6-Help those in need, raise money for Ally's gastric band surgery.

7-Win a major UK equestrian event with Pegasus the divine winged horse.

8-Sing Happy songs.

9-Unblock a toilet pan faster than the Super Mario Bros.

10-Sacrifice a goat.

11-Obtain a fit & proper person to own the club.

12-Run a non-profitable soup kitchen for disadvantaged unicorns.

You're just being silly now.

Everyone knows they'll never manage to complete No.8

Anybody else get the feeling that the other 11 clubs made up their mind a long time ago that Rangers won't be relegated and are now just delaying until they can convince us it's the right thing to do?

I suspect that they're waiting till after Rangers are in liquidation or giving them time to form a newco so that they can say there were no rules in place to cover that eventuality.

This will then allow them to say that because there are no rules, the SPL, it's member clubs and the board can't dish out retrospective punishments and so allow newco Rangers to return to the SPL with no effective sanctions. The whole issue will be whitewashed under the limp pretence of 'what can we do, there are no rules'.

Watch this space, as soon as the season is over the whole situation will move quickly. Duff & Phelps will no longer be required to stall and plans made over the past few months will be put into action. Rangers liquidated and reformed in a matter of weeks ready for next season.

Obviously, Rangers need to be brought out of administration either through a CVA or through liquidation and a Newco. They then need to be recapitalised. At that point you can rebuild the business on a solid footing and with well targeted investment.

Why obviously? I'd rather see them buried in lime with lots of garlic and silver bullets around, just in case...

But that's just me. :P

I suspect that they're waiting till after Rangers are in liquidation or giving them time to form a newco so that they can say there were no rules in place to cover that eventuality.

This will then allow them to say that because there are no rules, the SPL, it's member clubs and the board can't dish out retrospective punishments and so allow newco Rangers to return to the SPL with no effective sanctions. The whole issue will be whitewashed under the limp pretence of 'what can we do, there are no rules'.

Watch this space, as soon as the season is over the whole situation will move quickly. Duff & Phelps will no longer be required to stall and plans made over the past few months will be put into action. Rangers liquidated and reformed in a matter of weeks ready for next season.

Well obviously!

It would be grossly unfair to Alistair McCoist and the legions of loyal and long-suffering Rangers fans if they weren't given sufficient time to deal well enough in the transfer market to ensure they are competitive in the SPL next season.

The current SPL Articles state (rule 38 page 14) that a Transfer of Share requires a meeting of ALL members and that 83% vote in favour (10-2)

Doncaster and the media really should do their homework! Cnuts...

The current SPL Articles state (rule 38 page 14) that a Transfer of Share requires a meeting of ALL members and that 83% vote in favour (10-2)

Doncaster and the media really should do their homework! Cnuts...

Looks pretty clear to me...

38. A Special Qualified Resolution, (83%) shall be required for the passing of a resolution in respect of the following Reserved Matters:-

(i) any expansion of the League by the addition or admission of new Members (other than as a result of the operation of the Rules governing promotion/relegation between the League and the SFL);

(ii) any reduction in the number of Members of the Scottish Premier League (other than as a result of a Member ceasing to be a Member of the Scottish Premier League in accordance with the Rules and/or these Articles or as a consequence of the expulsion of a Member);

and,

(iii) the allotment and the issue of a Share.

I get the feeling that a great many of these rules were written by the SPL but they never perceiving that they'd ever have to adhere to them. Seems to be a case of "'let's make it up as we go along and hope nobody notices" with some of things that have been said but there are far too many eyes looking at this now. I'd like to think that Doncaster et al are intelligent enough to appreciate the scrutiny that any decision will come under.

The next vote will go Rangers way. Dunfermilne excluded from said vote and Ross County taking their place. County have spent a lot of money you know and well , enough said.

Can't wait to see Ross County's home gate figures next season, how many do you think they'll add on to each gate ? . For those of you who don't know, Ross County have around 1000-1500 ghost fans at every game, they're not adverse to a bit of cheating themselves.

The vote will if course go Rangers way, everybody is deluded if they think otherwise, so what's everyone going to do about it ?