Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will there be a deadline made at this meeting? We've not had one for a while.

Yep, D+P have stated they are going by the Mayan timeline, so all sorted by December then.

What would Celtic submit their notice for dry.gif?

They can't decide of themselves to go and play in England... it'd need a collective agreement of numerous bodies including the national FAs, UEFA, FIFA, etc.

They wouldn't be planning to drop into SFL.

Bluster? Almost a reverse of the "Gang of 10" in the early 2000s?

Or tosh?

Yep, D+P have stated they are going by the Mayan timeline, so all sorted by December then.

I think you've stumbled on it. They are delaying kicking them out hoping that the end of the world will intervene and they won't get the blame.

What would Celtic submit their notice for dry.gif?

They can't decide of themselves to go and play in England... it'd need a collective agreement of numerous bodies including the national FAs, UEFA, FIFA, etc.

They wouldn't be planning to drop into SFL.

Bluster? Almost a reverse of the "Gang of 10" in the early 2000s?

Or tosh?

Its either more BS or an attempt to call Doncaster's bluff.

I think you've stumbled on it. They are delaying kicking them out hoping that the end of the world will intervene and they won't get the blame.

The seas rise and they get an invite to the Atlantis, not Atlantic, league. It makes sense.

rather than sounding like a troll, why not point out, that when you read the articles of association it states that the allotment or issue of a share requires a special qualified resolution which in turn requires an 83% vote or 10-2 majority if you prefer.

you can word it any way you like, allotment or issue of a share is a special qualified resolution requiring a 10-2 majority.

edit; it is infact a qualified resolution reqiring a 90% vote

If that is what they were voting on then that is what would be required. They are voting on changing the rules on who gets to vote on the transfer of a share and penalties associated with that transfer. Rule changes require an 8-4 majority.

When Bill Miller or whoever comes out with Rangers in their pocket, if they want to set up a new company they will know the penalties associated with that and that will be a 11-1 vote. Some people call this a charter for cheats but it is unfair to have unspecified punishments and at least if everything is put on paper then no one can claim Rangers were treated differently and given preferential terms to continue as a newco.

Call his bluff on what?

The endless stalling for time on sanctions? The 'We need the Buns' at any cost line? Are they going to make him choose between them and ra Berrrrrzzz?

Everything just feels like a massive stand off with everyone waiting for everyone else to play their hand - fans, clubs, leagues. Should make a good movie. Super Ally should be free to play himself by the time its made, as he'll be untroubled by employment.

£160k fine and a transfer embargo. Both subject to appeal. These are tangible events although not driven by rangers.

No evidence yet that they intend meeting their PAYE obligations or any other debts. Expect an announcement shortly though ...

The PAYE and debt will be settled either through a CV (like Motherwell did) or through liquidation.

Friday's the deadline for Windy Miller, isn't it? wink.gif

I don't know.....D+P said 7 days but I am sure due dilligence has a 14 day max period. Another 'moveable' deadline perhaps.

The PAYE and debt will be settled either through a CV (like Motherwell did) or through liquidation.

I'm talking about them paying the lot. After all, the sum that put them into admin has only stemmed from the last year or so.

I don't know.....D+P said 7 days but I am sure due dilligence has a 14 day max period. Another 'moveable' deadline perhaps.

Oh, come now - surely not.

I assumed they were trying to shove it through before the St Johnstone game, so they could take the field as Govan Athletic 2012 and claim a fait accompli, in terms of the transfer of the SPL share.

I'm talking about them paying the lot. After all, the sum that put them into admin has only stemmed from the last year or so.

Doesn't work that way. Rangers are in Admin. precisely because they could not pay their debts. It will be pence in the pound ... that is how it works.

So 'settled' does not mean repayed? Millers plan is to punt the 'toxicity' ie debt for as little as possible. What is he going to screw out of what remains? He is 65, no real chance of any worthwile income for at least 3 years whether in the SPL or not, so how is he going to make a profit on his £11 million?

It would need to be substantial to even try. And be within a short period!

Oh, come now - surely not.

I assumed they were trying to shove it through before the St Johnstone game, so they could take the field as Govan Athletic 2012 and claim a fait accompli, in terms of the transfer of the SPL share.

I thought it might be to allow time for passport application, but miller can get inside 2 days for about 220 bucks.

So 'settled' does not mean repayed? Millers plan is to punt the 'toxicity' ie debt for as little as possible. What is he going to screw out of what remains? He is 65, no real chance of any worthwile income for at least 3 years whether in the SPL or not, so how is he going to make a profit on his £11 million?

It would need to be substantial to even try. And be within a short period!

Miller's motivation remains a mystery to most Ranger's supporters. He does not have a background as an asset stripper but neither has he a track record of investing in football.

I do think there is value in Rangers as a going concern. Rangers - along with most Scottish football clubs - has been extraordinarily badly run. You just need to have a look at American sport to see how they manage to generate revenue from every angle.

Miller's motivation remains a mystery to most Ranger's supporters. He does not have a background as an asset stripper but neither has he a track record of investing in football.

I do think there is value in Rangers as a going concern. Rangers - along with most Scottish football clubs - has been extraordinarily badly run. You just need to have a look at American sport to see how they manage to generate revenue from every angle.

But as a going concern they are effectivly trading as insolvent just now, not an attractive proposition. If I was a Rangers fan I would almost be as worried over this as total destruction through liquidation.