Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The "international ban" is red herring bullshit. The Record are citing Sion as a precedent, but that was completely different. In addition, neither FIFA nor UEFA kicked any Swiss team out of Europe bar Sion themselves.

All Rangers have done by taking the SFA to the Court of Session is increase the likelihood that they will be booted out of the Scottish game by the SFA. The alternatives? A £100,000 fine (has already been levied and will never be paid because Rangers are skint), kicked out of the Scottish Cup (too lenient), or kicked out of the Scottish game (uh oh!).

Rangers have fucked themselves right up the arse here. FIFA will not get involved as long as the SFA handle shit properly and the SFA will not even need to be warned by FIFA to act in the appropriate manner.

Very, very, very silly by Rangers. And very, very, very funny.

Edited by WendyWho?

The chairmen of other clubs in the SPL won't vote on anything today, everything is being delayed and delayed to make sure Rangers are ok first, that's a fact.

The SFA however, have a decision to make, will they stand up to Rangers or let Rangers shit all over them ?. This is probably the most important decision to date that the SFA have had to make and I hope they don't bottle it, they cannot allow Rangers to continue in any way, shape or form, they are a cancer and should be expelled from the game in this country with no access for any newco into the leagues until the memory of Rangers is long gone.

Close them down, fling them out.

SPL meeting today.

Does anyone think they'll make no decision regards future sanctions for fear their club could be next?

eg, Hearts, DU, Aberdeen, KFC

Sanctions would not affect Kilmarnock. Michael Johnston has made it clear that if they go under its bye bye. No administration, CVA etc. Straight to liquidation and there's no hope in hell of a newco kilmarnock being able to afford players to play in the SPHell

Newsnight Scotland was interesting last night.

Touched on the issues raised on here but the one that stood out was the plain fact that clubs cannot take their national admin body to court. Rangers will face sanctions and if the SFA don't do it then the SFA will face sanctions.

So the SFA do not have the power to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers but Rangers can impose their own transfer restrictions on Inverness, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd and Hearts by withholding sums due to them.

I am sure if my club were to lose £80k expected and budgeted income then we wouldn't even be able afford the very modest contracts we are offering at the moment

Awww did I ridicule your boyfriend .. there there, I'm sorry !!!

Mibbe I should just let him spout his bile ... dry your eyes, there's a love !!

You're a fucking non-entity, shut up.

The "international ban" is red herring bullshit. The Record are citing Sion as a precedent, but that was completely different. In addition, neither FIFA nor UEFA kicked any Swiss team out of Europe bar Sion themselves.

All Rangers have done by taking the SFA to the Court of Session is increase the likelihood that they will be booted out of the Scottish game by the SFA. The alternatives? A £100,000 fine (has already been levied and will never be paid because Rangers are skint), kicked out of the Scottish Cup (too lenient), or kicked out of the Scottish game (uh oh!).

Rangers have fucked themselves right up the arse here. FIFA will not get involved as long as the SFA handle shit properly and the SFA will not even need to be warned by FIFA to act in the appropriate manner.

Very, very, very silly by Rangers. And very, very, very funny.

It's not a red herring, it's in black and white. You cannot take the SFA to court of session and they will be punished for this.

The problems as I see it are:

The SFA have constantly looked at punishment when teams go into Administration. Ok that is acceptable/understandable, but surely the bigger picture has to be about the future of the game and as such supporting clubs in this situation.

Duff and Phelps have acted as Administrators and not as football club owners - as such their actions in taking the SFA to court was a Business Decision in trying to ensure that they could gain a return for Creditors. Ok I accept that the decision also benefits Rangers and that is problematic as they deserve to be punished.

Are the SFA fit for purpose and the men in charge suitable to be running the Scottish Game - they have made a complete pigs ear of the whole situation. By making up the rules as they go along they were always open to such a challenge.

Going forward - it seems the most obvious solution to expel Rangers from the Scottish Cup - as this is the only punishment that would tick all the boxes. Cost Rangers money from the income they would have received in gate/TV Money etc - a fine is pointless as they have no money. Expulsion - although available would seem to be a self destruct option for the SFA as would surely impact on future revenue streams from both sponsorship and TV Money with no Old Firm games as selling points.

Despite all the rumblings of the other teams - could they really afford to run without such additional funds - crowds are mainly dropping unlike costs etc.

FIFA and UEFA have been far to silent and that is a concern as they may now feel obliged to become involved - but again they seem to be another organisation that run on self interest and financial gain.

Bottom Line - the SFA and SPL have failed to act and have now allowed Rangers/Rangers Administrators make them to look the incompetent fools they are.

Regan must Resign!!!!

It's not a red herring, it's in black and white. You cannot take the SFA to court of session and they will be punished for this.

The "international ban" as described in the Record (applies to every Scottish team in Europe) is pure conjecture. There is no precedent. If I punch you in the pus, would my whole family get arrested as well as me? No.

I realise you can't take the SFA to the court of session, but Rangers are the ones who did that. As long as the SFA act to punish Rangers, FIFA will not get involved. Simple as that.

I'm gettin pheckin fed up with this, ergo, The SFA should do this, the SPL should do that, if this happens, then that might happen, they'll no go for that, they want this to happen.

An open letter to The SPL, SFA old uncle Tom Cobbly and all

I'm free tomorrow afternoon. Tell me place and time, I'll come up with a couple of recruits from the Pie & Bovril Diddy Army. We'll tell the boys in blue where to get off and administer a kick in the 'nads so hard they'll think they've swallowed a pair of clackers. In the words of Yosser Hughes "Go on, gis a job"

Please get in touch, I want to get this farce over and done with and get on with watching Euro 2012 without all the stress this is causing .

yours in sport, yir wee Paisley Pal, Bud.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Sanctions would not affect Kilmarnock. Michael Johnston has made it clear that if they go under its bye bye. No administration, CVA etc. Straight to liquidation and there's no hope in hell of a newco kilmarnock being able to afford players to play in the SPHell

Yes, I should make it clear that the scenario could be used as their excuse for no action.

As regards Killie, he would seek to keep the hotel and fitness centre going, maybe the Sports Bar, an asset sale with the football team consigned to the dustbin of history and RP becoming housing development with MJ becoming a pariah, that would be his worst nightmare and the reason why he'll vote to keep RFC in at all costs.

Edited by DuntoiRab

If he ever did "make that clear" (which I doubt, even though folk on our forum seem to think so), then it was about 3/4 years ago.

Our financial position has improved since then.

The "international ban" as described in the Record (applies to every Scottish team in Europe) is pure conjecture. There is no precedent. If I punch you in the pus, would my whole family get arrested as well as me? No.

I realise you can't take the SFA to the court of session, but Rangers are the ones who did that. As long as the SFA act to punish Rangers, FIFA will not get involved. Simple as that.

I'm no expert on the matter - just going on the word of a lawyer who is versed in these matters.

Yes, there has been no real precedent of this but that doesn't mean that it won't happen now. I think that Rangers are the tip of the iceberg for EBT's and the governing bodies are getting tough on financial fair play.

Just my opinion.

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If the SFA punish Rangers, there will be no "international ban". It's only if the SFA ignore it.

Off on a tangent here, but a few people have cited the case of Sion in this forum. Going back quite a few years ago (possibly 80's), was their not a case of either a Dutch or Bulgarian club going outwith their respective associations, and as a result, suffered the wrath of FIFA. The Sion case certainly wasn't a precident. Can anyone help me on this one (Hibee Jibee maby)! I've got vague memories of this happening.

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If the SFA punish Rangers, there will be no "international ban". It's only if the SFA ignore it.

Exactly.

Rangers have broken FIFA statute 64 by taking their national association to an ordinary court of law. As a member of FIFA, the SFA must now punish Rangers accordingly. As previously stated, the punishments available are a £100,000 fine, which has already been applied, expulsion from the Scottish Cup for one year, which is a comedy punishment, or suspension of membership.

What Rangers have done by taking the SFA to the Court of Session is force the SFA's hand. They pretty much have no choice now.

Rangers have committed suicide.

But sports lawyer Dr Gregory Ioannidis said if further punishment is not imposed for the court challenge, Fifa could ban all Scottish clubs.

Dr Gregory Ioannidis...His twitter account lists Man Utd and Celtic as his 2 great loves :rolleyes: