Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FIFA is not the United Nations, some toothless international talking shop. FIFA has the right to throw anyone from individuals to entire nations out if they decide to piss on their chips. Anyone that doubts that, just ask South Africa during the Apartheid years where it was expelled from FIFA. If they declare you persona non grata, you cannot play against other FIFA regulated clubs, play in FIFA regulated competitions, etc.

If Rangers went to court about it being a restriction of trade, FIFA could easily point to the New York Cosmos, who existed quite happily outside the FIFA umbrella for decades selling merchandise and running the "Cosmos Country" soccer skills camps until ready to reenter the fray. There would be nothing to stop Rangers doing the same if they wanted to run a footballing business, it would be simply they could not do so under the auspices of FIFA competitions and regulations that they think they've a right to flout.

They could have a stall next to the Scientologists in Buchanan St handing out pamphlets...............would JJB still be selling the jerseys though ???ph34r.gif

FIFA is not the United Nations, some toothless international talking shop. FIFA has the right to throw anyone from individuals to entire nations out if they decide to piss on their chips. Anyone that doubts that, just ask South Africa during the Apartheid years where it was expelled from FIFA. If they declare you persona non grata, you cannot play against other FIFA regulated clubs, play in FIFA regulated competitions, etc.

If Rangers went to court about it being a restriction of trade, FIFA could easily point to the New York Cosmos, who existed quite happily outside the FIFA umbrella for decades selling merchandise and running the "Cosmos Country" soccer skills camps until ready to reenter the fray. There would be nothing to stop Rangers doing the same if they wanted to run a footballing business, it would be simply they could not do so under the auspices of FIFA competitions and regulations that they think they've a right to flout.

Thanks Minty (rather appropriate for this thread)

That's if it's less than £1,500 on average per month. I think it might be a bit more in Rangers case.

LOL - maybe not when you're not paying any at all! from RTC:

...Of the options available, a one year ban from all competitions would seem to be a starting point for considering apt punishment. The next penalty down the list of official sanctions- exclusion from the Scottish Cup- would be far too lenient for a club that appears to have completed the entire 2011/12 season without paying any PAYE or NIC. Other clubs had to cut costs and make tough decisions to get through the year. Other clubs had to take roughly half of their staff budget and hand it over to HMRC. Even in administration, Rangers got to avoid cutting their playing squad by screwing the British taxpayer over yet again....

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/

Edited by Claymores

Please go away. You are contaminating the best thread for years with your insignificant, bewildering posts. Thanks.

I think you'll find the "ignore" button works on ALL forms of losers. smile.gif

So now it would appear that Rangers need a replacement punishment for the transfer embargo and an additional punishment for taking the matter to the CoS.

What was considered harsh may not be so harsh now in view of the fact that a failure to act appropriately by the SFA could see UEFA/FIFA getting involved.

I agree with the Rangers fans that say that expulsion from the Cup would not be damaging to them. For that reason, it should not be considered.

No-one is saying that Rangers deserve to walk away without any sanctions at all.

But here is the bottom line.

Any punishment must be seen to be exactly that.

No, because, probably like the St.Johnstone case from 1965 (http://saintinasia.w...nts-v-sfa-1965/), this was completely different set of circumstances. Article 64 was only reinforced last August by FIFA to specifically include punishment for members (clubs) which use the civil courts to go against the rules of the FIFA body (the SFA) without referring the case to the CAS.

The SFA might very well follow the courts advice re: the transfer ban and change it. But they will then have to punish Rangers for going to the court, in breach of FIFA rules (Art. 64). If the SFA fail to act then FIFA will act on the SFA, and it won't end well.

And this is all before we even get to the 'dual contract's again!

If Dunfermline are not reinstated in today's meeting and Rangers thrown out, then Scottish football is going to die... How many season tickets have your club sold so far? I'm willing to bet not many - our club haven't...

By the looks of it though, the SFA rules prevented any club going to CAS so they had no option but to go to CoS. It's the SFA that have got their rules wrong leaving Rangers little choice so surely the SFA are at fault?

Dunfermline will be relegated no matter what. Dundee would come up in their place.

Our club haven't started selling season tickets hence having sold none!

So now it would appear that Rangers need a replacement punishment for the transfer embargo and an additional punishment for taking the matter to the CoS.

What was considered harsh may not be so harsh now in view of the fact that a failure to act appropriately by the SFA could see UEFA/FIFA getting involved.

I agree with the Rangers fans that say that expulsion from the Cup would not be damaging to them. For that reason, it should not be considered.

No-one is saying that Rangers deserve to walk away without any sanctions at all.

But here is the bottom line.

Any punishment must be seen to be exactly that.

Having watched "Hitler's Children" the other week.....surely having Rangers expelled and then sterilised akin to Gorings siblings wouldn't be too much to ask for ?! ph34r.gif

:lol:

Desperate? Aye the thought of missing out on the Scottish Cup has me breaking out in a cold sweat :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem No 8. One at a time biggrin.gif

Miss out on Europe, then the Scottish Cup. After that the mickey mouse cup, then the SPL, then even Division 3 biggrin.gif

I can't wait, I am sooooo excited. laugh.gif

I really don't know where you came up with idea for that stinging line ... no wish to know !!!

You contribute less to this thread than Rangers do to taxman....In fact I'd be willing to bet you probably contribute less to life than Rangers do to the taxman dry.gif

Why were the New York Cosmos expelled from the FIFA family? I've honestly never heard that before.

The Cosmos weren't expelled, they simply dropped out from organised football after the shambles of the NASL collapse and the successor indoor League fiasco to concentrate on trying to create a grassroots interest in soccer amongst the next generation of kids ("Cosmos Country" - which they'd been doing since 1977). When the whole FIFA instigated Major Soccer League started, they elected not to get involved (to be fair they weren't exactly wanted either, being roundly blamed for the wage inflation that caused the NASL collapse, although Chicago Sting were really the culprits but that's another story and topic!), partly because they saw it being another "growing up too fast and too soon" as FIFA allowed the money men to dictate terms initially so the USA would have a "proper league" in time for the World Cup.

They make pretty good money out of their training activities and selling of merchandise, but hopefully their start in the fourth tier this August will mark their permanent return.

What an absolutely marvelous day, for everyone.

Rangers fans have regained that sense of "we ur ra peeple" and can kid themselves on that they are some all powerful entity whom no-one can fvck with.

Celtic fans can go back to feeling victimised and can kid themselves on that the whole world is a conspiracy aimed at keeping them down.

The rest of us can get over the frustration of a Pyrrhic victory for Rangers in a court which they should never have approached then sit back and realise that all along this was the result we wanted. The OF friendly SFA are no longer the ones calling the shots in our game the big boys are watching and will bring out their sh!tty sticks if things are not dealt with and soon.

Diddies win again and we never had to do anything, the idiots are doing it for themselves.

More to the point, the sun is shining, the flies are tied and the loch is calling. Going out fishing and very much looking forwards to returning to 30 pages of the greatest thread in the world catch up, people watching at it's best, more twists and turns that a series of 'Lost', the best free entertainment this planet has to offer, who says close seasons are boring?

Later guys.

Edited by stonedsailor

Obviously you do a lot of research in that 'field' . However experts do make mistakes.

I guess Barlinnie's psychiatric staff made one when they let you on the Internet.

Correct.

So I'll do you a deal;

No posts about Celtic being linked to that shower that inhabit Ibrox or associated with this mess and I will not make comments, since there will be nothing to comment on.

Simples ...

ok...I promise not to mention the:

shared sponsorship deals.

the collusion of both to leave for the EPL / Atlantic League.

the 11-1 SPL voting rights (in which both never vote against the other.

the mere fact that they are known as the "old firm" (suggesting association)

Its a bit like Stalin & Hitler - one being far Left the other being far Right - yet their policies were pretty similar.....funny that ! ph34r.gif