Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If suspension is effectively a death sentence for a club, why bother having it as well as expulsion as a punishment? It's like having a scale of penalties for a crime going from a fine to 6 months in jail, death penalty, death penalty.

i think they'd use it for badly behaved amatuer teams.

one too many huge rucks and you're on the naughty step for a season but can come back with the same name and people running it. expel amatuer clubs and they just pop right back up with new names and office holders.

Just out of interest, had Dunfermline taken the SFA to the CoS to fight against being punted from the cup, what punishment would have been dished out for that alone?

When were Dunfermline punted out the cup? I thought (if this is about 2010) they were made to replay the match away from home, that in itself being a penalty made up on the hoof by the SFA.

When were Dunfermline punted out the cup? I thought (if this is about 2010) they were made to replay the match away from home, that in itself being a penalty made up on the hoof by the SFA.

Were they not punted, then appealed, were successful and then had to replay the tie?

Suspension is only a death sentence because of the enourmous financial trouble they're in. It is not up to the Appellate Tribunal to consider the ramifications.

Imagine some bam gets sentenced to a year in jail for theft or whatever:

"but i'll lose my job, the bank will take ma hoose and my bird will leave me" says the bam

"oh all right then just say sorry, do 10 press ups and promise not to do it again."

obviously not a daily mail reader :P

Rangers stand to be punished in a number of ways.

By the SFA to replace the punishment that was overturned. That must be harsher than the original punishment or there is no incentive for errant clubs to stay out of the CoS in the future.

By the SFA for going to the Courts in the first place. Rangers have by being a member of the SFA agreed to abide by the rules which precludes such an action. Again this should be a sanction/sanctions which effectively punishes Rangers while deterring others from going to the CoS.

Expulsion from the SFA is the only appropriate punishment to achieve all of that.

By the SPL if it is proven that they broke the rules surrounding pay and contracts. Stripping of all titles won over the period would be appropriate.

It is possible that FIFA/UEFA could step in to punish Rangers for breaching their rules. 10 year ban from European competition?

As for Rangers suggesting their own punishment, that is just ridiculous.

An admission of guilt followed by an acceptance of punishment would stand the club in far better stead than the arrogance of those who say that they should not be punished for the good of the game in Scotland.

I'm quoting this so it will be possible for people to read the above - a good post, but because of that distracting flashing Slipknot (?) gif Geefoxer insists on having as his avatar it makes anything he posts near bloody impossible to read.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28032012/2/croatia-fa-suspends-clubs-paying-debts.html

http://croatiantimes.com/news/Sports/2012-03-29/26046/Hajduk_Split_suspended_from_football_league

With Hajduk Split just been thrown out of the Croatian league until they pay their outstanding bills, Rangers are kidding themselves if they think they're going to get anything lighter after their behaviour. The longer this goes on, the bigger the "perfect storm" Rangers find themselves in the middle of.

so if its not from the club. and from a 2nd source would that mean they signed a 2nd contract to get these pennies.

i know that if you go to a bank to get a LOAN you have to sign alot of forms.

post-38838-0-65198000-1338642164_thumb.j

Following the Kübler-Ross model of death and dealing with death, the terminal Glasgow Rangers patient and their disgusting family have passed through stages:

1. Denial. Classic examples: "I feel fine." "This can't be happening, not to me."

Rangers: "The big hoose must stay open." "This documentary is a BBC conspiracy against ra peepul." "We'll be back debt-free and stronger than ever."

2. Anger. Classic: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"

Rangers: "We'll come back and boycott aw the wee diddies who are kicking into us right now." "We'll take the SFA to the CoS because it's pure unfair to punish Rangers".

And now we've arrived at the third stage: Bargaining.

The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just do something to buy more time..." People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example "Can we still be friends?.." when facing a break-up. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution, especially if it's a matter of life or death.

What we're seeing, through the Rangers mouthpiece tabloid, is their arse collapsing. They didn't factor FIFA into their case, and now the tide has well and truly turned. The other clubs can't stand them, the SFA can't stand them, and FIFA are standing over the execution ensuring no funny handshakes with the blazers will turn things round. It is utterly glorious to see them stoop to this level of desperation.

post-11540-0-17014200-1338642230_thumb.p

Edited by vikingTON

so if its not from the club. and from a 2nd source would that mean they signed a 2nd contract to get these pennies.

i know that if you go to a bank to get a LOAN you have to sign alot of forms.

post-38838-0-27169600-1338642296_thumb.j

I'm quoting this so it will be possible for people to read the above - a good post, but because of that distracting flashing Slipknot (?) gif Geefoxer insists on having as his avatar it makes anything he posts near bloody impossible to read.

http://uk.eurosport....ying-debts.html

http://croatiantimes...football_league

With Hajduk Split just been thrown out of the Croatian league until they pay their outstanding bills, Rangers are kidding themselves if they think they're going to get anything lighter after their behaviour. The longer this goes on, the bigger the "perfect storm" Rangers find themselves in the middle of.

what has croatia got to do with the price of fish?

you could just as easily point to leeds in england or the tax evasion of la liga clubs or milan getting a tiny slap on the wrist for calcoppoli.

what has croatia got to do with the price of fish?

you could just as easily point to leeds in england or the tax evasion of la liga clubs or milan getting a tiny slap on the wrist for calcoppoli.

I guess as a recent example we can live in hope that our SFA will react in proportionate way.

I guess as a recent example we can live in hope that our SFA will react in proportionate way.

It's just another pro-Rangers point from the 'Motherwell' fan.

Most normal diddy team supporters go through their lives having to answer 'bus fare' and 'aye, but who's your big team' jibes - and people like TSAR do us no favours by behaving just as OF fans think we all do.

Dumfi were punted oot the cup by the mighty EFFC :D

Most normal diddy team supporters go through their lives having to answer 'bus fare' and 'aye, but who's your big team' jibes - and people like TSAR do us no favours by behaving just as OF fans think we all do.

To be fair he has a point in this particular instance - just cos the Croatian FA have grown a pair doesn't mean the SFA will, but we can but live in hope. Bear in mind they have suspended a team for not paying for a player - only about 1% of Rangers current "crimes" - hopefully this is cited to the SFA when the time to wield the axe finally arrives

apparently this thread is an license to talk absolute shite as long as it's about rangers going out the game then? the sfa aren't going to expel rangers over this, they have already told the court of session that they view that as too harsh a punishment yet we have people on here who are sure it's going to happen and won't hear otherwise.

the other night before the thomson email revelation i was a '***' for saying they would be a load of shite. guess what? i was a *** for disagreeing that H&D would be removed asap about 4 times in the last month. guess what? i was *** for saying there would no criminal charges over this. guess what?

i think this whole thing will end with a newco playing in the spl with a one season points deduction, one season cup ban and 3 year euro ban. i think that would be pretty fair and please neither the ocrs on follow follow or the uberdiddies on here.

To be fair he has a point in this particular instance - just cos the Croatian FA have grown a pair doesn't mean the SFA will, but we can but live in hope.

The SFA have to grow a pair, FIFA are watching.

apparently this thread is an license to talk absolute shite as long as it's about rangers going out the game then? the sfa aren't going to expel rangers over this, they have already told the court of session that they view that as too harsh a punishment yet we have people on here who are sure it's going to happen and won't hear otherwise.

It's also clear they viewed the cup ban as too lenient so they're going to have to pick something they had dismissed previously.

And given Rangers broke a further rule in an attempt to pick their own punishment, if it wasn't 'the people' I don't think we'd even be debating what would happen next.