Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They would still be owed for their time employed, until such times as it could be proved in court that Duff & Phelps had been involved with Whyte and Ticketus to take over Rangers to begin with, whereby they should never have become the administrators in the first place. My guess is before it got to that stage in court, Rangers would be dead anyway, so it would be an argument between Haudit and Daudit with the appointed liquidators.

A contract is a contract, and Rangers fans need to get it into their heads no matter how much they hate Duff & Phelps' cack handed handling of their affairs, they have been working for their club since February time (at least in theory) and are perfectly entitled to expert renumeration accordingly. They can't have their fees struck off just because the orcs now think they're big jobbies.

Never bothered them with anyone else who has done work or provided services to them. Surely when you have the daily papers delivered there is a contract between you and the newsagent which means you have to pay for them. Let's face it the newsagent has done more for the Gers than the administrators; he's given them a free supply of bog paper.

Except when they are asking other people employed by Rangers to take huge wage cuts of course.

One thing struck me earlier, that I haven't seen about all this up until now. If the EBT were paid for, not by the club, but by this pension fund thingy, why are Rangers liable to pay the tax?

Because Rangers is now a big milch cow and as with the soon-to-become owners they will pay for everything and get very little in return.

Fucking hell... I favourite random tweets ask the time by accident. it's a one click function on most twitter clients ffs.

Anyone else struggling to understand that post ? :huh:

I don't use twatter btw.

It allows them to hammer rangers without defaulting the same punishment upon themselves if they end up in the same position.

Although it can work both ways i doubt any other team (apart from celtic :lol: ) would be treated as severely as rangers.

That could be true. It also means that since the SPL have not recognised a Newco (by not agreeing sanctions to a Newco) then they can refuse such an application if one comes as the concept of a Newco is not in their Rules. The longer the SPL avoid the issue the greater the chance that either the EBT or the BTC or the SFA or FIFA will take the decision out of their hands.

:lol:

Really? A newco with no debts and an uncertified points deduction, a season's worth of cup ban is equivalent to what they've done. As for the 3 year Euro ban that isn't imposed by the SFA that's a given simply for being a new company.

Clearly you have a leaning towards the blue side as I don't think anyone other that the journos and the Rangers fans would think that was fair in the slightest.

in another country relegation would be on the cards but in this small, imbalanced country it's not an option.

one year points deduction - imo a multi year points deduction would harm the league as much as relegation so isn't an option. also i can't think of an example of a multi year points deduction in any league in europe.

cup ban - a multi year cup ban would be preferable to a multi year points ban and would be a positive thing for more member clubs in that a non OF would be guaranteed in the final and greatly increased chances of a non OF winner but... i don't see the sfa damaging their premier competition and discouraging their sponsors.

3 year euro ban - this hurts them in terms of earning - home euro games are worth roughly at least £1m (40,000 xs 20 plus tv, radio, prize money, catering) so missing 3 years worth could be cost them £10m at least. it also hurts their player recruitment and carries the stigma until 2017.

compared to the calcioppoli punishments, the recent turkish punishments, the leeds punishment and the non response to payments of much more tax in spain i think this is appropiate.

I seen to remember according to Rangers fans Regan walking out on a meeting after they accused him of being Peter Lawwells puppet.

Despite all this shite they are in being nobody else's fault but Rangers & it's fans, they seem

determined to blame someone else.

And people call us paranoid, Rangers have taken this to a new level

Ok, that makes a bit more sense, i thought it was some weird twatter speak. :lol:

I know nothing about Twitter either, I can just about manage e-mails and texting, I've no Facebook or anything like that, but "all" instead of "ask" makes more sense, obviously a typo by the original poster I think. smile.gif

in another country relegation would be on the cards but in this small, imbalanced country it's not an option.

one year points deduction - imo a multi year points deduction would harm the league as much as relegation so isn't an option. also i can't think of an example of a multi year points deduction in any league in europe.

cup ban - a multi year cup ban would be preferable to a multi year points ban and would be a positive thing for more member clubs in that a non OF would be guaranteed in the final and greatly increased chances of a non OF winner but... i don't see the sfa damaging their premier competition and discouraging their sponsors.

3 year euro ban - this hurts them in terms of earning - home euro games are worth roughly at least £1m (40,000 xs 20 plus tv, radio, prize money, catering) so missing 3 years worth could be cost them £10m at least. it also hurts their player recruitment and carries the stigma until 2017.

compared to the calcioppoli punishments, the recent turkish punishments, the leeds punishment and the non response to payments of much more tax in spain i think this is appropiate.

Piss off TSAR , We want that cheating shower of shite to die....dry.gif

can anyone find a uefa member club who have had a greater punishment than a one year points deduction, one year cup ban and a 3 year euro ban?

If they're going to survive then the longer the euro ban the better, it'll make it alot more difficult for green to spend his "warchest":lol: , not to mention the lack of income from participating and the knock on effect from sponsors.

Edited by blanco