Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

the sfa don't have the power to relegate teams and i don't think the spl will (something to do with one of the clubs being £9 million in debt)

any multi year points deductions?

All of my 25 yard shots seem to be flying wide. Maybe something to do with you moving the goalposts?

Hopefuly the outcome will be similar

Funny thing is, the whole "McCall / Chairmen / TV Deal / We Need Rangers" thing is similar to the power of the One Ring, corrupting anyone in its presence. Tolkien didn't like LOTR being allegory but he didn't forsee this day!

Ok, TSAR, the problem with your reply is that you are saying what is fair for Motherwell, not what is fair. A subjective point of view rather than objective. If you think a team that to all purposes has cheated (and looks like to have cheated for a very long time indeed) should be given a reduced level of punishment because your club needs the money they bring in then that's fine, but it's not fair.

The same point pretty much sums up my opinion of McCall's comments.

If Motherwell have put themselves into a position where they would be fucked if Rangers were not part of the SPL then that is an issue for Motherwell and Motherwell only, not one for the SPL and only goes to show the club have been badly positioned to deal with such a situation.

i think the issues which should be considered by the spl - newco and points - should be done on self interest. that is the point of the spl.

the things that the sfa should judge on should be judged by their prescribed rules. where punishments are subjetive they should be proportional to punishments handed out by their fellow uefa members.

in consideration of the charges dealt with by nimmo-smith (paedo) and carloway termination is out of proportion when compared to juve, marseilles and fenerbahce.

what actually pisses me off is that it is a fact that juve filled their players full of epo to win the champions league but no one on this site gives a damn. the del piero thread the other week was full of praise for a guy who was a massive cheat.

in another country relegation would be on the cards but in this small, imbalanced country it's not an option.

one year points deduction - imo a multi year points deduction would harm the league as much as relegation so isn't an option. also i can't think of an example of a multi year points deduction in any league in europe.

Not enough I'm afraid. Rangers have been cheating their way through all competitions for well over a decade. Multi year points deduction? Any punishment has to be immediately implemented, although the idea that Rangers have a points deduction over a period equal to that in which they were using EBTs somewhat appeals.

cup ban - a multi year cup ban would be preferable to a multi year points ban and would be a positive thing for more member clubs in that a non OF would be guaranteed in the final and greatly increased chances of a non OF winner but... i don't see the sfa damaging their premier competition and discouraging their sponsors.

A cup ban is next to pointless, even a multi-year ban. While arguably Rangers would progress to the latter stages of any competition, this is by no means set in stone. All you can take from this is that they would be losing out on a minimum of 2 games a season. Not enough of a punishment.

3 year euro ban - this hurts them in terms of earning - home euro games are worth roughly at least £1m (40,000 xs 20 plus tv, radio, prize money, catering) so missing 3 years worth could be cost them £10m at least. it also hurts their player recruitment and carries the stigma until 2017.

Do I want to see Rangers destroyed? A few weeks ago I would have answered a definite no, but the circus surrounding the club, the bile of the fans, the blatant stirring from Mr McCoist and the blatant refusal for anyone associated with Rangers to accept that they have acted heinously has caused me to re-assess that.

So what is the answer? What you are suggesting amounts to no more than a slap on the wrist (ok, in reality what will happen will probably be nowhere near what should happen), and that is just not acceptable. Immediate relegation to the 3rd Division with a points penalty and Cup ban might just be getting somewhere, and could give Scottish Football a golden opportunity to restructure itself into something resembling a strong competition (pie in the sky?)rolleyes.gif. Suspension or expulsion - possibly. I would laugh (a lot), but would it be a just punishment, although it would more than likely drive through much needed changes in Scottish Football.

compared to the calcioppoli punishments, the recent turkish punishments, the leeds punishment and the non response to payments of much more tax in spain i think this is appropiate.

Essentially we have a rigged competition in Scotland. What is happening now can only be good for football in Scotland in the long term, although there will be some short term pain (in the SPL). The game is dying on its arse - so little turnover in the SPL, 4 games a season and no pyramid system means the game is so stagnant it is driving away fans, but that is a side issue and another debate.

Cheats in other sports tend to get handed fairly hefty bans, especially for doping offences. Why should an organisation, no matter how big they are, be any different?

There ya go biggrin.gif

Ok, TSAR, the problem with your reply is that you are saying what is fair for Motherwell, not what is fair. A subjective point of view rather than objective. If you think a team that to all purposes has cheated (and looks like to have cheated for a very long time indeed) should be given a reduced level of punishment because your club needs the money they bring in then that's fine, but it's not fair.

The same point pretty much sums up my opinion of McCall's comments.

If Motherwell have put themselves into a position where they would be fucked if Rangers were not part of the SPL then that is an issue for Motherwell and Motherwell only, not one for the SPL and only goes to show the club have been badly positioned to deal with such a situation.

You're quite right Ric. it is not fair but certain teams will look after themslf...as they should...and i cant understand why others are struggling to accept this.

The only fair and sporting outcome is relegation to the SFL 3..if Tsar still wants an example were Fiorentina not relegated in Italy for going bust?

i think the issues which should be considered by the spl - newco and points - should be done on self interest. that is the point of the spl.

so the SPL should only make decisions on self interest? based on that, should we reinstate rangers to the Champions League qualifiers coz they'll make more money than you from it? tbh maybe hearts are a better bet, certainly bigger fan base than well. Should we keep up Dunfermline and relegate inverness instead, they have the lowest attendance and its just too bloody far to travel. whilst on that point, let dundee up over ross county for the same reasons.

Cheats in other sports tend to get handed fairly hefty bans, especially for doping offences. Why should an organisation, no matter how big they are, be any different?

There ya go biggrin.gif

You obviously have never watched Baseball in the USA. Barry Bonds and A Rod being 2 of the star players of recent past and both were known to be dope cheats and on a regular basis. Their punishment was minimal