Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It has been my preferred option since day 1

For the Rangers fans I think that idea seems to have seaped in, and probably is now the preferred choice.

For Green, it most certainly isn't.

For the Rangers fans I think that idea seems to have seaped in, and probably is now the preferred choice.

For Green, it most certainly isn't.

Do you think Green is the right man for Rangers? I am not sure and tbh i would rather we were in the SFL3 and starting again and given time to sort this utter shambles out and come back in a far more healthy state both on and off the pitch.

It didn't seap in with me...It is the correct decision for all.

This £20 million gives King quite a lot of sway. He's said he wants the creditors to reject the CVA and it's clear he and Green aren't exactly pals. If anything, I think this is bad news for Rangers' CVA prospects.

The CVA prospects weren't exactly rosy beforehand to be honest.

In any case, how could they possibly vote on this next week - they don't know how much the total debt is so how do they work out what 75% of it is? Unless everyone votes one way or another (and I know which way that's most likely to be).

It has been my preferred option since day 1

Even if a newco is made to wait 3 years before getting back in the league (at the earliest?)

Potentially Rangers could be out the wilderness for years if no other clubs goto the wall.

Rangers have made a point of doing things by the rule book, well the rulebook says that you need 3 years of accounts to be admitted to the league and Rangers dont have this.

Edited by MarreZ

Now I have to write to Stephen Thompson, this time it's a thank you letter. Hoping that this turn in tide represents the general mood. To those who think sending letters to clubs do not work, why not give it a try, seems they might just listen. Hey hey hey What a beautiful day.....

Do you think Green is the right man for Rangers? I am not sure and tbh i would rather we were in the SFL3 and starting again and given time to sort this utter shambles out and come back in a far more healthy state both on and off the pitch.

welcome back "fair minded" No8 tongue.gif

who would you like to see running Rangers ? Paul Murray ? would he not be tarnished by his association with the previous boards ? what about a part fan ownership like Motherwell & St Mirren are going for ?

They could remake a really boring version of Game of Thrones with this where they cut out all the sex and violence but keep all the mutilated backstabbing c***s.

Even if a newco is made to wait 3 years before getting back in the league (at the earliest?)

Potentially Rangers could be out the wilderness for years if no other clubs goto the wall.

would certainly accelerate a pyramid system ! biggrin.gif

which is something we ALL want its fair to say.

where have you been this last month ? haven't you seen the list of names associated with Green ? What does Companies House reveal about him, surely you've checked ?

such a shame that Rangers have been TENNANTS for so long at The Big Hoose and will soon be either kicked out their hoose or paying rent for ever and a day.

whatever way, they're fecked.

Tick-Tock

I don't think he's the right man at all. He doesn't understand the Scottish game well enough, and his past at football clubs hasn't exactly been glowing either. Does he even have the promised money? Not so sure that he does. If Rangers were going to go down the Newco route, straight into the SPL, I think Miller would've been a much better option. It would've been a tough transition, but I think he would have run the club correctly and gotten Rangers back to the top the right way over a period of time.

I think (as cliched as it is) Rangers need a Rangers fan in charge if it is to go down the Newco route. Whilst they became a bit of a parody of themselves, I think the Rangers fans should accept the inevitable, and get behind someone like the Blue Knights and/or even Brian Kennedy if he wants to be involved(I know Kennedy isn't a Rangers fan, but he did genuinely seem to have the best interests of Rangers - as well as his media profile - at heart).

You've been a bit ahead of the curve than most Rangers fans I've spoken to about this No.8. You obviously have your wee fishing trips, but I do think you accept the club deserves to be punished. My worry now for Rangers though, will there still be a place for Rangers in the league next year, with everything else that seems to have come out? That's still up in the air as it stands.

I think you're right for what it's worth. I think Rangers starting at the bottom, being made to build back up to the top, is the best scenario for everyone. It gives the clubs in the lower leagues some income from big travelling supports, Rangers do get a punishment many said fits their crimes (although that mood has obviously changed, mostly since the CoS case) and the league at least maintains some integrity. Some might say that's not harsh enough, but you can't please everyone.

This big drama could end up being good for Scottish football though. it seems to have quickened the chat for league reconstruction and also the introduction of a pyramid system seems to be talked about more too. Fingers crossed, when this mess all eventually gets sorted out, Scottish football generally (and Rangers) will be stronger for it.

IMO I don't think Green is that fussed if a CVA is agreed or not. Either way he now owns Ibrox and MP and plans to rent them to Rangers FC. If he can pocket the rent and bring in players that the can punt to England for his own profit then that would suit him fine.

If it doesn't work out at they are kicked from Scottish Football then he has only lost £2.

Rangers have made a point of doing things by the rule book, well the rulebook says that you need 3 years of accounts to be admitted to the league and Rangers dont have this.

Indeed. There seems to be a lot of talk about starting again in Div 3, but the circumstances for that to happen are pretty convoluted.

1) They would have to have their SPL share transfer denied, or for the SPL to inflict relegation as a punishment.

2) They would have to have the SFA agree to transfer their membership to the newco.

3) The SFL would have to punish them, for something, and relegate them to the 3rd division.

OR

a genuine newco applies for membership of the SFA/SFL. But, as we know, there is the 3 years accounts rule to get round (although I think I suggested earlier how that might happen) and other applicants in the way too. Bending the rules for a Rangers newco could see all sorts of legal challenges from other non-league clubs

I thought Green had signed a binding agreement to buy Rangers, so he is the new owner?

Seems to be some doubt about that on here.

All sorts of ifs n buts. On the face of it he is committed to offering £5.5m for a prepack asset acquisition if the CVA fails. Nobody has a clue if H&D have promised to accept that or would be open to competing offers. He might also pull-out...what could they do? Threaten to sue him? They'd be deid before it came to Court.

Paul McC's latest blog also contends that HMRC have the necessary provisions in place to prevent H&D passing the assets to Green and insisting on another route, including bringing in their preferred liquidators.

I thought Green had signed a binding agreement to buy Rangers, so he is the new owner?

Seems to be some doubt about that on here.

Until the club comes out of administration H&D are the "owners"

IMO I don't think Green is that fussed if a CVA is agreed or not. Either way he now owns Ibrox and MP and plans to rent them to Rangers FC. If he can pocket the rent and bring in players that the can punt to England for his own profit then that would suit him fine.

If it doesn't work out at they are kicked from Scottish Football then he has only lost £2.

Green told the RFFFFF yesterday that he wouldnt rent back Ibrox to the club. Im not sure its in any way legally binding though :lol: