Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Greg ionaddis ( sp) saying on twitter last night that Rankers have no more sporting right to be re admitted to SPL than Dunfermline.

If the pars make an application based on Rangers demise it would leave the SPL in a bit of a pickle.

Which is worse, being shite at football or going into liquidation?

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-takeover-i-m-no-villain-here-says-charles-green-1-2351602

'I'm no Villain here says Green'

:lol:

A SEETHING Charles Green has accused Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs of “misleading” Rangers and giving fans false hope after it was revealed yesterday they will reject a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) proposal.

Seething!!

Can understand him being angry over that as false hope is his department.

Charles Green: It is very disappointing. I hadn’t spoken to HMRC directly

:o Why not? You're saving the rainjurs!

Duff and Phelps had various discussions with them over the past few months and I had no reason to doubt what they told me

Ah.. Now.. What's the chances of that?

Are you saying you didn’t see this coming today?

CG: Not at all. If we had known in March that this was HMRC’s policy then the minute Bill Miller withdrew and we became the preferred bidder we would have just gone down the newco. I spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on fees for professionals for a deal that could never happened.

I'd want to see the invoices if I were a currant.

Could HMRC change their mind again and at the CVA meeting on Thursday?

CG: I would urge everyone to lobby to see if we can get this ridiculous decision overturned, because it cannot be in the best interest of taxpayers. Cannot be.

Again, is it? How much tax would Green pay to HMRC?

Will you now lobby other clubs ahead of newco vote?

CG: The SPL is a small club of 12 members. It’s very important in my mind that while we are competitors on the field we need to be unified in the product, because the value of the SPL in terms of its image and its marketing rights is not to have a disparate group of people who aren’t prepared to work together. We are always going to have differences, our fans are always going to have differences, that’s the passion of football and that’s not going to change and nor would we wish to change it. But the reality is that we are all dependent on each other and Rangers are an integral part of that group.

An integral part? :unsure:

Interesting read, must admit to laughing my head off at some of the answers though.

Thanks for the link, Chico. Green's comments are full of so much gobbledegook and non sequitors that he's not really saying anything. That last quote you listed, for example:

CG: The SPL is a small club of 12 members. It’s very important in my mind that while we are competitors on the field we need to be unified in the product, because the value of the SPL in terms of its image and its marketing rights is not to have a disparate group of people who aren’t prepared to work together. We are always going to have differences, our fans are always going to have differences, that’s the passion of football and that’s not going to change and nor would we wish to change it. But the reality is that we are all dependent on each other and Rangers are an integral part of that group.

What does 'we need to be unified in the product' mean? And, guessing at the meaning, why do the Honest 11 have to be 'unified' with Rangers (2012) rather than with, say, Dundee or Dunfermline? The rest of that sentence is just a string of words.

Thanks for the link, Chico. Green's comments are full of so much gobbledegook and non sequitors that he's not really saying anything. That last quote you listed, for example:

What does 'we need to be unified in the product' mean? And, guessing at the meaning, why do the Honest 11 have to be 'unified' with Rangers (2012) rather than with, say, Dundee or Dunfermline? The rest of that sentence is just a string of words.

As soon as 'product' is mentioned you know that bollocks are being spoken.

I think there's little in the article that enhances Green's credibility.

I still don't get how the property assets and rangers 'brand' are being sold to him for less than £6M by the administrators. There must be more value than that to be recovered for the creditors

I think thats why HMRC have a policy to liquidate rather accept a CVA as this prevents any investigation into previous directors actions. This allows HMRC to go after Whyte and possibly Minty. Whyte must be on their radar for sure the guy is just carpet bagging companies up and down the country.

They will want to confirm Whyte has no holding on the assets.

I think HMRC have done their bit by ensuring the matter is investigated now it is up to the football authorities to do their duty.

Rangers just keep on giving, even when they are deid. Now for the inquest into the death of Rangers, which should throw up some interesting tit-bits for us to feast on.

Then Zombie Rangers can rise from the grave and start munching on the brains of Scottish football again.

Have sales of grave-dancing shoes risen in Scotland?

Edited by Scary Bear

As soon as 'product' is mentioned you know that bollocks are being spoken.

I think there's little in the article that enhances Green's credibility.

I still don't get how the property assets and rangers 'brand' are being sold to him for less than £6M by the administrators. There must be more value than that to be recovered for the creditors

I don't believe that it's in the adminstrators' gift to make that sale now that the goalposts have moved. While the CVA still had legs they could at least argue that no one else had made a bid for the team. Now that the team no longer exists, I believe that it's the liquidators who will dispose of the assets. If Haudit & Daudit try to sneak a sale' through before BDO are appointed, i think they'll find themselves accused of professional misconduct or worse.

1) I hope I am wrong but suspect the greed is good , make it up as you go along, Self Preservation League will allow Rangers back in and stick two fingers up to all fans

2) If Rangers don't get voted into SPL, why does everybody assume the SFL will ?

Rangers fans go on about starting in Div 3, why should they be allowed in Div 3 ?

I wont go to any game involving a team that votes them back in, SPL or SFL. I include Clyde in that if it comes to the SFL. Let them start from the bottom, in much the way Gretna/Clydebank have had to.

Lots of outrage being directed at HMRC by Green and Co. They are not to blame Rangers are to blame. They were never going to agree to the CVA in a month of Sundays. It would have left them in a difficult position with other clubs and know doubt open to appeal after appeal. The only thing the HMRC got wrong was taking so long to reach this conclusion. Should have been sorted ages ago.

Saw on ssn this morning that Green reckons the players will be breaching contract if they dont move. Surely under TUPE they can decide not to move and its within their rights?

That's what I thought. Not as if they can stay with the old company.

Saw on ssn this morning that Green reckons the players will be breaching contract if they dont move. Surely under TUPE they can decide not to move and its within their rights?

I would have thought so, also Surely the contractual goalpost have moved by Rangers, the employer going into Admin then down the tubes?

He can't have his cake and eat it. If he's right, then he's getting a squad worth £30M or so for only £6M. Haudit & Daudit would be sued from here to Barlinnie for selling them off that cheaply.

From what I understand, he is correct that the players can't simply walk away from their contracts. If they do not wish to be transferred to the new employer then they can remain at the old employer. I assume at that point they would be made redundant.

I don't believe that it's in the adminstrators' gift to make that sale now that the goalposts have moved. While the CVA still had legs they could at least argue that no one else had made a bid for the team. Now that the team no longer exists, I believe that it's the liquidators who will dispose of the assets. If Haudit & Daudit try to sneak a sale' through before BDO are appointed, i think they'll find themselves accused of professional misconduct or worse.

Green sounded like a man with nowhere to run on BBC Sportsound last night.

- Basically inviting Rangers fans to threaten Dave King

- Claiming NewCos had been allowed without penalty in the SPL before

- Most interestingly of all, he avoided a straight "yes" when asked if he'd stick around if the ***s were punted into SFL3, instead opting for something along the lines of "wherever this club ends up, we'll still be playing football". interesting.

He's basically Gio Di Stefano with a Yorkshire accent.

Very VERY pleasing.

Also, a point about the history, what stays and what goes with the Old and Newcos. The HMRC say they can't chase the NewCo as it's a new company, however what happens if they try to claim the history of the old co? Does this not prove a connection and allow HMRC to chase them? Also, I've read f**k knows how many times that any punishment would transfer with the share. So if they're expelled/suspended over double contracts, they're STILL fucked.

I think they're utterly and absolutely fucked.

*insert Greg Wallace GIF here*

What annoyed me about the BBC website yesterday was extensive interviews from Green and Paul Haudit saying players would be transferred over. Surely the BBC could have given equal prominence on their website to an independent, unbiased, expert view on this issue. I notice the PFA are claiming players could walk.