Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Opening myself to be shot down in flames but, I'll risk this.

Seems to me that the SFL have more robust rules and sanctions in place than the Self Preservation League.

Longmuir has to be commended for stating the position of the SFL and the newcorpse (IF admitted) would be subject to THEIR rules.

Newcorpse would get a right scare if they tried to be a bully there.

Longmuir has the SFL running well. And he's not about to let Newco barge in and ruin his masterpiece. Therefore application to Division 3 it is, and a warm welcome to Spartans!

I am sure dunfermline have accepted the relegation and have budgeted for it. Dundee on the other hand might need some £££ to assist if they were promoted.

I am sure they have accepted it. Budgeted for it? Theyre probably budgeting for average gates of 23,500 and putting all their money into Greece, if past budgeting is any guide.

Look, what exactly do you expect Rangers fans to do??

"OHHH, you know what? See that club I've supported all my life of which 99% of it's employees are innocent of wrong doing? I'm going to stop supporting them 'cause David Murray and Craig White are a couple of crooks"

Rangers' accounts and dealings were scrutinised VERY heavily in the last few months, and a lot of the players and such are clearly guilty of accepting payments in methods that are unlawful, do you think that we are the only club to have done that? Football is currupt as f**k and not a team in the world has played by the rules at all times. I'm not saying it's right, and from what it looks like Rangers were involved in quite a lot of dodgy dealings but it's the actions of individuals within the club. You can't exactly just 'turn off' your liking towards your favourite football team.

Am I ashamed of the things Rangers did in the last 20 years or so? Of course. Am I going to stop supporting them or apologise for the actions of individuals within the club? Will I f**k.

So what do you expect decent Rangers fans to do in this situation???

Indeed. Rangers fans support a club which reached the top of Scottish football (and maintained it's place there) through exploiting religious bigotry. Anybody who goes to Ibrox is surrounded by thousands of people singing sectarian songs. That poison is at the very heart of the club. If fans are content to accept all of that and still support the club then they are hardly to abandon it on account of dodgy financial dealings.

Are you suggesting the SFL applied a sanction that they ere not allowed to?

I'm not sure but, sanction came to my mind.

The SFL board added in their statement: "Clubs have to realise that they can't treat their Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs tax obligations as something akin to a credit card."

They also said they will "reconsider the matter and deal with the club as it sees fit", if the Tayside club are still in administration by 31 March 2011.

To be fair. Dundee took the medicine and got on with it and would have scooshed the league without that handicap. That's assuming the handicap was the main inspiration though.

In response to a load of angry Buns giving him grief, Jim Spence links them to this post...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...02/rangers.html

...Which makes a few perceptive points, uncomfortable reading for the The Rangers fans.

Have to say, Spence is one of the few pundits to have come through this with top marks. Good on him for reflecting the views of fans, rather than parroting the party line.

P&B backs Spencey!!! Give me a greeny to show your support!!!!! :D

I am sure they have accepted it. Budgeted for it? Theyre probably budgeting for average gates of 23,500 and putting all their money into Greece, if past budgeting is any guide.

That was in the days of tangoman.

The SFL board added in their statement: "Clubs have to realise that they can't treat their Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs tax obligations as something akin to a credit card."

They also said they will "reconsider the matter and deal with the club as it sees fit", if the Tayside club are still in administration by 31 March 2011.

To be fair. Dundee took the medicine and got on with it and would have scooshed the league without that handicap. That's assuming the handicap was the main inspiration though.

If you look at the standings that season and take the handicap off, they still wouldn't have won the league. I'm not sure they would've had such a good season if they hadn't been penalised that heavily.

What about the protest at Hampden?

Bit like being annoyed about the price of petrol and deciding to protest outside Toys R Us, isn't it?

Rangers' woes are self-inflicted and nobody at Hampden could dig you out, even if they were inclined to... And many of them are.

Really worth remembering that during the last few years of wild mismanagement, the only protest worthy of the name to come from RFC fans was that "We deserve better" thing, which was basically demanding even more irresponsible spending, not less.

In response to a load of angry Buns giving him grief, Jim Spence links them to this post...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2012/02/rangers.html

...Which makes a few perceptive points, uncomfortable reading for the The Rangers fans.

Have to say, Spence is one of the few pundits to have come through this with top marks. Good on him for reflecting the views of fans, rather than parroting the party line.

Great to see a possible changing of the guard at Radio Scotland. Another point that has been thrown up in this H*n debacle is the absolute paucity of quality journos and quality journalism within their sports dept. Now the fans are not only voting with their feet against Club 12 but are also venting their spleens against The Succulents and the charlatans who take a decent wedge from the BBC, paid for by us. You know to whom I refer.

Hopefully, the high heid yins at BBC Glasgow will realise which way the wind is blowing and ditch the shite, some thing that should have been done ages ago.

Viva Spencey !!!

For me the whole issue here, including the Rangers situation is twofold:

1. The associations should have rules to cover situations such as this. I know it's difficult to cover all eventualities but the rules should be as clear and detailed as possible.

2. The punishment should fit the crime. In this respect none of the other clubs (Dundee, Livingstone, Motherwell, etc.) have done anything that has come close to Rangers' 'crimes'.

I also believe once a club has been punished that should be it. I include Rangers in that.

Unfortunately, I don' t know the rules. Just saying if it was me I'd have chucked them down a league.

If it wasn't mid-season they would have.

I've maintained since day 1 that is why they waited on the season starting.

Why didn't Melville leave in May when Inverness went up?

For me the whole issue here, including the Rangers situation is twofold:

1. The associations should have rules to cover situations such as this. I know it's difficult to cover all eventualities but the rules should be as clear and detailed as possible.

2. The punishment should fit the crime. In this respect none of the other clubs (Dundee, Livingstone, Motherwell, etc.) have done anything that has come close to Rangers' 'crimes'.

I also believe once a club has been punished that should be it. I include Rangers in that.

Do we draw up a different set of rules for the old firm because they are too valuable to lose?

Unfortunately, I don' t know the rules. Just saying if it was me I'd have chucked them down a league.

So we should just make up the rules as we go along? That's what certain people and organisations are trying to do to keep Rangers in the SPL.

Was there a rule in place that specified that this should be the punishment?

Not sure.

Simple fact is the SFL gave a punishment. Dundee FC took it and the matter was closed.

Then all the teams played football matches.

Too simplistic for the SPL. mad.gif