Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did we ever get a definitive decision on the toffee? Can you still get your hands on it - and if so, where?

Seems it's gonna be made in England now.

Someone in the Batgate area should know if it's still producing though.

Stenny is deffo closed. sad.gif

Would be interesting to see if the vote goes to the SFL 3 clubs, who would vote them in. Sadly I think Clyde would be one of them.

It would be all the DIV1,2 and 3 chairmen who would have the right to vote. If they stick by the precedent set 10 years ago, then they will say no.

If Spiers' info is correct, I can't believe Hearts are voting 'Yes'.

I was wondering the same. But then who know's what vlad the impaler has been thinking about the whole Rangers situation.

His thoughts on the matter would be interesting, his musings on the SPL have given me much hilarity over the years.

3rd Division Champions

A tiny bit of me really wants you lot to get into Div3 next year so we can laugh at you as we beat you to the title.

Mostly, I just want the SPL to vote no, then SFL do likewise and leave you to disappear altogether.

Anyone who claims to know how we will vote is a liar or is deluded.

O rly?

Posting on this site is the kind of batshit mental stuff Vlad is into it.

Oh hai Vlad.

It would be all the DIV1,2 and 3 chairmen who would have the right to vote. If they stick by the precedent set 10 years ago, then they will say no.

I hope folk have grasped that if the SFL were to vote against the Newcorpse application then that's game set and match. Time to pack up their flags and return to the hunnery from whence they came. Cast aside in Scottish society and lampooned in pubs across the land for generations to come. Quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDN9y2vTdUs

A tiny bit of me really wants you lot to get into Div3 next year so we can laugh at you as we beat you to the title.

And the prize for the most deluded poster goes to ............................

I hope folk have grasped that if the SFL were to vote against the Newcorpse application then that's game set and match. Time to pack up their flags and return to the hunnery from whence they came. Cast aside in Scottish society and lampooned in pubs across the land for generations to come. Quality.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZDN9y2vTdUs

If this happens, and I hasten to add I'm being realistic and am only hoping it does, then I'll be right off to spend the night in the local, which was a Rangers pub before the new owners turned it into a Rovers pub, and I'll sit next to a picture of the Munich-Rovers scoreboard with a smug smile on my face watching their smug fans drowning their sorrows.

smugqq.png

Would be interesting to see if the vote goes to the SFL 3 clubs, who would vote them in. Sadly I think Clyde would be one of them.

If they do I won't be back.

Given it's a CIC I would hope it would go to a vote, if it didn't it would make a mockery of the concept.

Good to see that season ticket sales are faltering in the SPL, the fans are making their presence known it seems.

Edited by Mushroom

And the prize for the most deluded poster goes to ............................

If you beat us to win your first trophy, I'll congratulate you.

Granted, with Gattuso, Martin Petrov and those five Euro 2012 targets in your squad, we don't stand much of a chance sad.gif

At the time i'm sure a section of their fans decided to stop attending away fixtures as they felt the other first division clubs had not supported them enough. (does this sound familiar?) This led to them having by far the biggest home average attendance in the first division last season (not the only factor mind you) and from my own experience, quite a poor away following at the 2 games at Starks Park.

Got to stop talking about Dundee because I hold no ill will against them or their fans.

A lot of us did feel the 25 points was harsh considering basically every other case similar to ours carried a penalty of around 10/15 points. I personally didn't like the fact there was no set rule and this 25 point figure was just plucked out the air by a panel without a justification of why exactly they'd picked it.

Some did threaten a boycott and our away crowd maybe went down for a game or two because of the fact we were pretty much resigned to relegation, 20 points adrift at the bottom by Christmas with a diminished squad and needing every penny to go towards paying off the debt. But when we started winning games I think you'll find our crowds home and away went up a lot. Your talking bull because I particularly remember taking big crowds to Starks Park twice. It was confirmed at the time that our away support was larger than your home for both games (look up the match threads if you want to debate this but I remember this period very well).

Overall though, I don't think it's fair to compare our past situations with Rangers' at all. We are a small club so can be easily mismanaged without anyone having a clue, we went into admin with just £300,000 debt to HMRC and the CVA was funded from the fans pockets (including paying 100% of the footballing debts to players and clubs). We've been blinkered by a bit of money in the past but each time we've humbly paid for our mistakes.

Most importantly, we've kept our big hoose open, rode with the punches and came out as the same club that was founded in 1893. We've proved we don't do walking away. laugh.gif

Edited by ForzaDundee

A lot of us did feel the 25 points was harsh considering basically every other case similar to ours carried a penalty of around 10/15 points. I personally didn't like the fact there was no set rule and this 25 point figure was just plucked out the air by a panel without a justification of why exactly they'd picked it.

Some did threaten a boycott and our away crowd maybe went down for a game or two because of the fact we were pretty much resigned to relegation, 20 points adrift at the bottom by Christmas with a diminished squad and needing every penny to go towards paying off the debt. But when we started winning games I think you'll find our crowds home and away went up a lot. Your talking bull because I particularly remember taking big crowds to Starks Park twice. It was confirmed at the time that our away support was larger than your home for both games (look up the match threads if you want to debate this but I remember this period very well).

Overall though, I don't think it's fair to compare our past situations with Rangers' at all. We are a small club so can be easily mismanaged without anyone having a clue, we went into admin with just £300,000 debt to HMRC and the CVA was funded from the fans pockets (including paying 100% of the footballing debts to players and clubs). We've been blinkered by a bit of money in the past but each time we've humbly paid for our mistakes.

Most importantly, we've kept our big hoose open, rode with the punches and came out as the same club that was founded in 1893. We've proved we don't do walking away. laugh.gif

Your punishment was for running away from your creditors twice in a decade. The fact you managed to survive till after the season started I'm sure was a strategy. It would have fucked up the season for all of the bill paying teams if you'd followed the Livingston precedent. You were given a points deduction that seemed severe at the time, but after extreme leniency over loan signings, and an admitedly heroic fight back by your team, you survived in Div1. The only reason your CVA was accepted was because the guy who owns your stadium pretended he was charging you rent, which meant that the HMRC debt was less than 25%. The local shops and tradesmen in Dundee got 6p in the pound.