Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Daily Mail/Sun has confirmed what I have long thought, and that Sky are never going to walk away from televising football in Scotland. Their whole business plan is to put as much sport behind the paywall, and the suck the money out of subscribers with gentle rises in the sub fees.

Sky will no doubt reduce the money they are paying for the SPL, they might throw a token amount by the way for the SFL so they can televise those games that “The Rangurrs” are playing in. So we are going to have few less pennies in the game, I think it will be not a bad thing. It will encourage clubs to play their own talent and hopefully the wage bills will drop, allowing clubs to get their debt levels down, thus being able to reinvest in youth. We are a small nation and have small league, there is no shame in being a nation that sells its talent on to people who do want to pay the silly wages.

I was listening some English FA suit waxing lyrically about the 3 billion English Premiership TV deal and that finally the English football academies are coming online and the next few years a whole swelter of English talent will be parading in the EP. Well it has taken them nearly 20 odd years to get that far, you would have thought the bumper TV deals would have helped the clubs bring this about quicker? No most of the money has gone in the back pockets of Agents and players. Germany had a shocker of world cup, within five years they had sorted out their problems and now have dynamic and energetic team, with none of the big TV money helping them! The SPL/SFL should stop looking south of the border and look at the German model, it’s the only way.

“The Rangurs” should be in the SF3 next season, they will work their up, I don’t think they have it their own way in any of those leagues, especially the SF1, which is far tougher league than the SPL. It will be fun to see the "Daily Old Firm Record" handles reporting from Peterhead, do they even know where it is?

So are we ready to stop calling them "Old Firm"? One half that firm does not exist any more.

You've been reading Dan Brown again, haven't you?

Dan Brown, Craig Whyte, Charles Green. Anyone else notice what they have in common? Yes, they are all men. I don't think this is a coincidence. :ph34r:

Seeing as the new fixtures will include "Club 12", I assume the BBC website will update their SPL League Table with "Club 12" pretty soon too? It doesn't mean much, but it would be a wonderously good trolling of the Rangers fans.

The Daily Mail/Sun has confirmed what I have long thought, and that Sky are never going to walk away from televising football in Scotland. Their whole business plan is to put as much sport behind the paywall, and the suck the money out of subscribers with gentle rises in the sub fees.

Sky will no doubt reduce the money they are paying for the SPL, they might throw a token amount by the way for the SFL so they can televise those games that "The Rangurrs" are playing in. So we are going to have few less pennies in the game, I think it will be not a bad thing. It will encourage clubs to play their own talent and hopefully the wage bills will drop, allowing clubs to get their debt levels down, thus being able to reinvest in youth. We are a small nation and have small league, there is no shame in being a nation that sells its talent on to people who do want to pay the silly wages.

I was listening some English FA suit waxing lyrically about the 3 billion English Premiership TV deal and that finally the English football academies are coming online and the next few years a whole swelter of English talent will be parading in the EP. Well it has taken them nearly 20 odd years to get that far, you would have thought the bumper TV deals would have helped the clubs bring this about quicker? No most of the money has gone in the back pockets of Agents and players. Germany had a shocker of world cup, within five years they had sorted out their problems and now have dynamic and energetic team, with none of the big TV money helping them! The SPL/SFL should stop looking south of the border and look at the German model, it's the only way.

"The Rangurs" should be in the SF3 next season, they will work their up, I don't think they have it their own way in any of those leagues, especially the SF1, which is far tougher league than the SPL. It will be fun to see the "Daily Old Firm Record" handles reporting from Peterhead, do they even know where it is?

So are we ready to stop calling them "Old Firm"? One half that firm does not exist any more.

Good post.

No Greens left.

From the column The Monday Jury in The Record today where they ask 4 of their "sportswriters" their views on certain questions, one of the questions is

How will the SPL clubs vote on whether or not to allow Newco to play in the SPL next season

Answer from Chris Roberts (Record sportswriter)....Some clubs might go against Rangers but I dont think there will be enough of them to kick them out of the SPL and nor should they because my family and friends down in Manchester arent bothered watching any Scottish clubs bar the Old Firm when they are on the box.

Magnificent piece of journalism from one of the Records sportswriters....... add to that Traytors collusion story about Sally quitting and the crap about Sky pulling out on the same day, I have just cancelled my Record delivery if thats the standard of journalism I am paying 45p a day to read. Unbelievable!!!!!

Sky will no doubt reduce the money they are paying for the SPL, they might throw a token amount by the way for the SFL so they can televise those games that “The Rangurrs” are playing in. So we are going to have few less pennies in the game, I think it will be not a bad thing. It will encourage clubs to play their own talent and hopefully the wage bills will drop, allowing clubs to get their debt levels down, thus being able to reinvest in youth. We are a small nation and have small league, there is no shame in being a nation that sells its talent on to people who do want to pay the silly wages.

I was listening some English FA suit waxing lyrically about the 3 billion English Premiership TV deal and that finally the English football academies are coming online and the next few years a whole swelter of English talent will be parading in the EP. Well it has taken them nearly 20 odd years to get that far, you would have thought the bumper TV deals would have helped the clubs bring this about quicker? No most of the money has gone in the back pockets of Agents and players. Germany had a shocker of world cup, within five years they had sorted out their problems and now have dynamic and energetic team, with none of the big TV money helping them! The SPL/SFL should stop looking south of the border and look at the German model, it’s the only way.

“The Rangurs” should be in the SF3 next season, they will work their up, I don’t think they have it their own way in any of those leagues, especially the SF1, which is far tougher league than the SPL. It will be fun to see the "Daily Old Firm Record" handles reporting from Peterhead, do they even know where it is?

Be even funnier seeing a photo of Fat Sally in the Daily Ranger receiving his SFL Division 3 'Manager of the Month' award! :lol: :lol:

From the column The Monday Jury in The Record today where they ask 4 of their "sportswriters" their views on certain questions, one of the questions is

How will the SPL clubs vote on whether or not to allow Newco to play in the SPL next season

Answer from Chris Roberts (Record sportswriter)....Some clubs might go against Rangers but I dont think there will be enough of them to kick them out of the SPL and nor should they because my family and friends down in Manchester arent bothered watching any Scottish clubs bar the Old Firm when they are on the box.

Magnificent piece of journalism from one of the Records sportswriters....... add to that Traytors collusion story about Sally quitting and the crap about Sky pulling out on the same day, I have just cancelled my Record delivery if thats the standard of journalism I am paying 45p a day to read. Unbelievable!!!!!

It's completely believable. Daily Record journalists, to a man, are morons.

It's completely believable. Daily Record journalists, to a man, are morons.

The entire Scottish tabloid press is staffed with moronic journalists who, quite frankly, report pish for the great unwashed - eg the average OF reader. For example, Doran Goian is in today's Scottish Sun as saying he'll play on for TRFC no matter which league they're playing in. The Daily Record is reporting that the same player has told Charles Green that he won't play in Division 3!

As another aside, the Sun is reporting that the SPL is considering banning TRFC from next season's League Cup competition - and there was I thinking that this was an SFL competition over which the SPL has no jurisdiction. Silly me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return of the Dundee derby?

Saturday August 18, 2012

Dundee United v Club 12

Hearts v Inverness CT

Kilmarnock v Motherwell

Ross County v Celtic

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

St Mirren v Hibernian

October the 20th, first clash i spotted with united and club 12 both at home.

Not looking good for the dee's lol.

ETA. November 3rd and 17th aswell, mind you the fixtures were drawn up around Rangers. when do sky release their schedule?

Edited by ArabianKnight

Return of the Dundee derby?

Saturday August 18, 2012

Dundee United v Club 12

Hearts v Inverness CT

Kilmarnock v Motherwell

Ross County v Celtic

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

St Mirren v Hibernian

Posted this elsewhere but if you look at the 'new years day derbys' Saints v Dundee????

Wednesday January 2, 2013

Aberdeen v Dundee United

Celtic v Motherwell

Hearts v Hibernian

Ross County v Inverness CT

St Johnstone v Club 12

St Mirren v Kilmarnock

Neither are club12 and Dundee Utd

Club 12 and Dundee Utd are at home on the same day nine times on those fixutres.

Still, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, all they need to do is for each of the weeks where there is a clash move one of the games to a Sunday. I'm sure the fanbases of both teams would feel that an extra 4 or 5 Sunday games would be a price worth paying if it meant no newco in the SPL.