Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You need to add the irn bru to the icecream - not the other way around ya fanny.

Cream Soda is even better.

Agreed, I suggested that treat a good few pages back around 4pm today. For the record, the lager ice cream combo someone suggested to me earlier is a definite let down.....

How big a game was that at the time? Was there much at stake?

Rangers 3-1 United

Match report from at BBC at the time. As said, Rangers needed a win to move within a point of Celtic. It was pretty much at the point that anything less and Celtic would wrap up the league soon after. Celtic eventually won the league, but United lost out on a UEFA cup place.

To those suggesting that it is improbable that EBTs have been paid to referees or that the referees aren't crooked. You'd have said the same about it a year ago to any employee. You'd have said the same about certain other revelations which are apparently appearing. The fact is while I doubt all our referees are crooked, you can look at certain games where things look highly suspicious. If we can say one thing as we move from day to day with the fiasco developing, is that you truly can expect the unexpected. wink.gif

Edited by rw89

Gutted. Been trying for a few weeks now to get English, daly or speirs to mention the words EBT, Watty, Ally or Gordon smith in a tweet, and they are just not for having it.

Amazing how the press in general are just not willing to even discuss the slight possibility that their pals were up to their knees in it.

What made big Eck so special that Daly could name him?

Wonder if there are any journo's on the EBT list.

According to what I've been told (from an unnamed source) Watty, McCoist and a few others weren't mentioned under Dalys investigation due to orders from the serious fraud squad in Scotland Yard - who are tracing Wattys financial history back to Everton biggrin.gif and McCoists back to Killie sad.gif

Allegedly

Edited by Dindeleux

I remember the aftermath of the comments, but I've never actually seen the highlights from the game in question. The decisions hightlighted are absolutely incredible - absolute stonewall penalty that, if the referee didn't spot, surely the linesman should? If anything, the performance of that linesman is as bad, or worse, as the referee's performance.

Mark de vries got booked for asking if his goal was going to stand too. Those c***s fucked us over twice that year with disgusting decisions in the league cup final too.

That RM link is a good laugh, they only want in on a level playing field otherwise there is no point being there. Well, they half get it I suppose.

According to what I've been told (from an unnamed source) Watty, McCoist and a few others weren't mentioned under Dalys investigation due to orders from the serious fraud squad in Scotland Yard - who are tracing Wattys financial history back to Everton biggrin.gif and McCoists back to Killie sad.gif

Cheers.

I only started pestering after Daly said, what he had seen was what he had told. There was no others he knew of.

At the same time RTC was naming watty and payments received whilst at everton and with scotland.

Cheers.

I only started pestering after Daly said, what he had seen was what he had told. There was no others he knew of.

At the same time RTC was naming watty and payments received whilst at everton and with scotland.

Obviously, my source could've been telling me total shite - so in the interests of keeping pie and bovril out of court ( or me unsure.gif ) I must stress that is an alleged rumour.

But it makes sense. Sally and Watty were the two most "Rangers" of Rangers men during the 90s, the only thing that could perhaps mean they missed it would be that most of the players involved seemed to be from the Advocaat era onwards. But still...........

Am i reading what the SFA panel described as the worst crime in football?

Come on now, I'm sure Rangers FC and the officials of this country give integrity it's fair share of brain time, but refs must also act in a way which is best for their own financial future.

I don't see the problem here.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I have quite a severe disability. This disability is called thickcuntanitus.

People with this disability read very slow indeed. So as you can imagen im finding this engrossing thread a bit of a struggle.

So if i do fall behind (witch is every day) would someone be so kind to summarize the latest going ons regarding this somewhat delightful situation involving that despicable football club?

In-fact would someone be so kind in giving me an update of what the situation is today and what important dates do we have to look forward to.

Ps, could you please ignore my poor english. This also a symptom of this terrible disability.

IMO if they let Rangers back into the SPL then the league has about as much credibility as the MLS franchise league.

Motherwell Right Wingers has a nice ring to it.

Everyone in Scotland needs to stop looking down their noses at US football.

The idea that the US is a football backwater is both stupid and roughly 20 years out of date. Their national team f&cked Scotland 5-1 last month, and beat Italy 1-0 IN ITALY, last February. This was achieved on the back of a thriving league, which IMHO is at least as good as the SPL. blink.gif

MLS average attendance was 17,000 per game last season, with Seattle drawing over 38,000. Seattle have Microsoft as sponsors, in a five-year deal worth approximately $20 million. I.E. football is attractive to big-name companies in the US.

Celtic went on preseason to the US in 2010, losing to Philadelphia 1-0, and only relying on a penalty to beat Seattle 2-1. They have been there before, and lost there before, and so have Rangers(remember them). NOT a good advert for Scottish football.

The MLS is strong and WELL RUN (are you listening Cockwomble/Doncaster). It is able to attract sponsors and investors, such that the price for a new club is now roughly $40 million. Compare that to the spivs, wide boys, and vultures circling over Club 12 FC. No-one apart from regular fans wants to put money into Scottish clubs. Saint Mirren has been for sale for over two years, with no takers. Where is the money, where are the "real football people"?

I would prefer the MLS to have a second tier, and use promotion/relegation, but the franchise system has been used for decades in US sport, people like it, and it works for them. They at least have money men who want to invest in/own sports clubs, and sadly we do not.