Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers 3-1 United

Match report from at BBC at the time. As said, Rangers needed a win to move within a point of Celtic. It was pretty much at the point that anything less and Celtic would wrap up the league soon after. Celtic eventually won the league, but United lost out on a UEFA cup place.

To those suggesting that it is improbable that EBTs have been paid to referees or that the referees aren't crooked. You'd have said the same about it a year ago to any employee. You'd have said the same about Souness receiving money years after leaving Rangers, same goes for Smith while with Scotland. The fact is while I doubt all our referees are crooked, you can look at certain games where things look highly suspicious. If we can say one thing as we move from day to day with the fiasco developing, is that you truly can expect the unexpected. wink.gif

Neither of those things indicate malpractice in any way. You might want to make that clear, as I'm not quite sure where this thread is heading. Safe to say there's no evidence whatsoever of bribing referees through EBTs, and why would Rangers need to?

The RTC site has been way behind the eight ball in terms of talking about payments received by ex-employees after they left Ibrox. There's nothing suggestive in that at all, and it's fairly common practice in many industries.

T

Everyone in Scotland needs to stop looking down their noses at US football.

The idea that the US is a football backwater is both stupid and roughly 20 years out of date. Their national team f&cked Scotland 5-1 last month, and beat Italy 1-0 IN ITALY, last February. This was achieved on the back of a thriving league, which IMHO is at least as good as the SPL. blink.gif

MLS average attendance was 17,000 per game last season, with Seattle drawing over 38,000. Seattle have Microsoft as sponsors, in a five-year deal worth approximately $20 million. I.E. football is attractive to big-name companies in the US.

Celtic went on preseason to the US in 2010, losing to Philadelphia 1-0, and only relying on a penalty to beat Seattle 2-1. They have been there before, and lost there before, and so have Rangers(remember them). NOT a good advert for Scottish football.

The MLS is strong and WELL RUN (are you listening Cockwomble/Doncaster). It is able to attract sponsors and investors, such that the price for a new club is now roughly $40 million. Compare that to the spivs, wide boys, and vultures circling over Club 12 FC. No-one apart from regular fans wants to put money into Scottish clubs. Saint Mirren has been for sale for over two years, with no takers. Where is the money, where are the "real football people"?

I would prefer the MLS to have a second tier, and use promotion/relegation, but the franchise system has been used for decades in US sport, people like it, and it works for them. They at least have money men who want to invest in/own sports clubs, and sadly we do not.

He doesn't understand the idea - or practice - of sporting franchises, that's all.

Neither of those things indicate malpractice in any way. You might want to make that clear, as I'm not quite sure where this thread is heading. Safe to say there's no evidence whatsoever of bribing referees through EBTs, and why would Rangers need to?

The RTC site has been way behind the eight ball in terms of talking about payments received by ex-employees after they left Ibrox. There's nothing suggestive in that at all, and it's fairly common practice in many industries.

T

Oh yes it does, contracted to another club/National Association and receiving large wads of cash from Rangers Trust Fund? Very dodgy.

Oh yes it does, contracted to another club/National Association and receiving large wads of cash from Rangers Trust Fund? Very dodgy.

It's very common to receive payments from former employers after your contract has ended. Admittedly, not usually through EBT/Trust funds, but nonetheless, the fact that it happened in itself does not constitute financial irregularity. There quite could be improper conduct going on - clearly there is - but the last ten pages or so of this thread has jumped the gun spectacularly.

I'm not saying it isn't dodgy, I just think for the sake of P&B and people's hopes we ought to keep things, like the death of Tony Hart, in perspective.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I have quite a severe disability. This disability is called thickcuntanitus.

People with this disability read very slow indeed. So as you can imagen im finding this engrossing thread a bit of a struggle.

So if i do fall behind (witch is every day) would someone be so kind to summarize the latest going ons regarding this somewhat delightful situation involving that despicable football club?

In-fact would someone be so kind in giving me an update of what the situation is today and what important dates do we have to look forward to.

Ps, could you please ignore my poor english. This also a symptom of this terrible disability.

Todays update: Rangers are still fucked. Behind the scenes shenanigans continue. Nothing confirmed yet.

It's very common to receive payments from former employers after your contract has ended. Admittedly, not usually through EBT/Trust funds, but nonetheless, the fact that it happened in itself does not constitute financial irregularity. There quite could be improper conduct going on - clearly there is - but the last ten pages or so of this thread has jumped the gun spectacularly.

I'm not saying it isn't dodgy, I just think for the sake of P&B and people's hopes we ought to keep things, like the death of Tony Hart, in perspective.

I wouldn't have thought it was common practice to give payments to an employee of a competitor (in a European sense) almost a decade after they leave your employment.

Everyone in Scotland needs to stop looking down their noses at US football.

The idea that the US is a football backwater is both stupid and roughly 20 years out of date. Their national team f&cked Scotland 5-1 last month, and beat Italy 1-0 IN ITALY, last February. This was achieved on the back of a thriving league, which IMHO is at least as good as the SPL. blink.gif

MLS average attendance was 17,000 per game last season, with Seattle drawing over 38,000. Seattle have Microsoft as sponsors, in a five-year deal worth approximately $20 million. I.E. football is attractive to big-name companies in the US.

Celtic went on preseason to the US in 2010, losing to Philadelphia 1-0, and only relying on a penalty to beat Seattle 2-1. They have been there before, and lost there before, and so have Rangers(remember them). NOT a good advert for Scottish football.

The MLS is strong and WELL RUN (are you listening Cockwomble/Doncaster). It is able to attract sponsors and investors, such that the price for a new club is now roughly $40 million. Compare that to the spivs, wide boys, and vultures circling over Club 12 FC. No-one apart from regular fans wants to put money into Scottish clubs. Saint Mirren has been for sale for over two years, with no takers. Where is the money, where are the "real football people"?

I would prefer the MLS to have a second tier, and use promotion/relegation, but the franchise system has been used for decades in US sport, people like it, and it works for them. They at least have money men who want to invest in/own sports clubs, and sadly we do not.

Well argued, the strength of the francise system is no one pissing outside the tent, the owners realise its in their interest to work together without any clubs being a stroppy diva.

Common deals strengthen their position, such as all kits are adidas and league revenues are split evenly. The demographics for MLS are going to pay off in future too.

There is an open cup in the US system, FIFA do have a beef with the Americans over lack of promotion/relegation but we in Scotland can't throw stones with our lack of a pyramid.

I wouldn't have thought it was common practice to give payments to an employee of a competitor (in a European sense) almost a decade after they leave your employment.

Well no, neither would I, but there is a possibility its on the straight and narrow.

Well no, neither would I, but there is a possibility its on the straight and narrow.

Mwwwahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahaha :)

Somebody pull the plug on them, enough is enough, it's going to have a dramatic effect on Scottish football one way or another, for the good or for the bad BUT a club that has so blatantly cheated for decades deserves no place within the game, old co, new co or otherwise.

In-fact would someone be so kind in giving me an update of what the situation is today and what important dates do we have to look forward to.

I think the most significant thing in the schedule for today is that it's the end of the 21 day appeal period of the Court of Session ruling to set aside the transfer embargo and send the matter back to the Appellate Tribunal.

By the end of the day, Rangers must give notice if they're gonna appeal that (a possible time-wasting appeal could be that the matter should have been sent back to the original Disciplinary Panel instead).

After today, the SFA is free to schedule a fresh meeting of the Appellate Tribunal to consider a fresh punishment from those available (suspension from the Scottish Cup, suspension of Rangers' SFA membership, or expulsion).

Alternatively, Green could volunteer to accept the embargo rather than risk a more catastrophic Tribunal ruling. But that doesn't seem to work either as newco has no players so has to be able to sign some.

It seems to me that newco-ing has effectively castrated any meaningful punishment the SFA has from it's limited choices in the rulebook...........unless they go nuclear with a membership suspension.

Edited by Claymores

How is all this shit supposed to be sorted in a matter of weeks before the season begins? Its all far too complex to deal with in that period of time. They should be suspended pending all investigations into them. But then does the newco argue that that was the oldco and as they are now a separate entity should be allowed to start afresh. If that's the case then the best they can hope for is to start in the 3rd. Personally I would have them down in the juniors.

Personally I would have them down in the juniors.

I agree - sending the scumbags to the 3rd seems a huge penalty upon 3rd Division fans. In all likelihood it means that next season is a write-off with little hope for their own Clubs to win promotion.

What have 3rd Division fans ever done to all the SPL diddies who are bleating for this outcome??????????????

The truth is that nobody really wants the scums!

Edited by Claymores

1971 My wife's year of birth. Unfortunately was raised as a currant but like many, has never been to one of their games in her 41 years.

She is getting tired of these whole shenanigans and is past the point of caring what happens to them, as I suspect are many thousands of others.

Roll on the 4th of July!

How is all this shit supposed to be sorted in a matter of weeks before the season begins?

I don't believe it's going to be possible. There's not a snowball's chance of Sevco being in the SPL next season, and even membership of the SFA is looking far from assured.

At the moment, all Sevco have is a stadium and a cash flow problem. They are sadly deficient in the player department, a department where 11 would seem to be the minimum requirement.

At this point, a time-out for a year would be less of a punishment and more an act of mercy.

Edited by hysterix