Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First Post here.

As you can see from my user name i am a Killie fan, I have lurked on this thread a little bit, but felt the need to register.

I have been a Killie fan for 30+ years, and have many friends who are Killie fans, i can honestly say that NOT ONE of them would vote YES to keeping Rangers in the SPL.

Killie are getting tarred unjustly with the usual "**** without the bus fare jibes {funny how those turn into "**** without the bus fare" when Rangers are in town} simply because we have a bean counter as a chairman. I`m not even sure he has done his sums right. I for one won`t be back at Rugby Park, won`t pay the already inflated prices, buy food or a pint in the swanky hotel if he votes to keep that lot in our league. And there are a lot of people like me. Perhaps Mr Johnston should consider those numbers on a large scale over the course of a season.

Rangers {and the flipside of the coin Celtic} have carved up the Scottish League between them for over a hundred years, those of you who are fans of the "smaller teams" know what i mean:

-They have had the bulk of the money from every source and always wanted a bigger slice of the pie.

-They sucked up young talent from around Scotland and let it rot in the reserves.

-They tempted away promising players from other clubs in Scotland with salaries at 10x their present rate, and routinely paid under the market value for those players. Witness their strop at not being given David Goodwillie when Dundee United sought to get a fair market price for the player.

-They siphoned off local fans away from the areas of other teams, whether based on ancient bigotry or engendered desires to bask in reflective glories. Most often Rugby Park is not even full for the visit of the Old Firm, their away support has diminished greatly, and all around are banners such as "Galston Loyal" or "Auchinleck Bears" and the like.

-They attributed all the political power {see the ludicrous 10-2 veto power} for themselves by loading committees and the power structure.

-They seduced the media with the ability to increase circulation and interest.

Essentially RANGERS {and CELTIC} have broken the league through their own greed.

Yet, despite all of these advantages Rangers felt the need to go even further and cheat the league and their rivals by the use of highly dubious accounting. They bought and paid players when they couldn`t afford them. They stole from us.

I have no sympathy for them because they did this to themselves.

If it was my club we would be left to die. They are not a special case, without the other teams there is no league.

The vote should be a unanimous NO to newco.

First Post here.

As you can see from my user name i am a Killie fan, I have lurked on this thread a little bit, but felt the need to register.

I have been a Killie fan for 30+ years, and have many friends who are Killie fans, i can honestly say that NOT ONE of them would vote YES to keeping Rangers in the SPL.

Killie are getting tarred unjustly with the usual "**** without the bus fare jibes {funny how those turn into "**** without the bus fare" when Rangers are in town} simply because we have a bean counter as a chairman. I`m not even sure he has done his sums right. I for one won`t be back at Rugby Park, won`t pay the already inflated prices, buy food or a pint in the swanky hotel if he votes to keep that lot in our league. And there are a lot of people like me. Perhaps Mr Johnston should consider those numbers on a large scale over the course of a season.

Rangers {and the flipside of the coin Celtic} have carved up the Scottish League between them for over a hundred years, those of you who are fans of the "smaller teams" know what i mean:

-They have had the bulk of the money from every source and always wanted a bigger slice of the pie.

-They sucked up young talent from around Scotland and let it rot in the reserves.

-They tempted away promising players from other clubs in Scotland with salaries at 10x their present rate, and routinely paid under the market value for those players. Witness their strop at not being given David Goodwillie when Dundee United sought to get a fair market price for the player.

-They siphoned off local fans away from the areas of other teams, whether based on ancient bigotry or engendered desires to bask in reflective glories. Most often Rugby Park is not even full for the visit of the Old Firm, their away support has diminished greatly, and all around are banners such as "Galston Loyal" or "Auchinleck Bears" and the like.

-They attributed all the political power {see the ludicrous 10-2 veto power} for themselves by loading committees and the power structure.

Essentially RANGERS {and CELTIC} have broken the league through their own greed.

Yet, despite all of these advantages Rangers felt the need to go even further and cheat the league and their rivals by the use of highly dubious accounting. They bought and paid players when they couldn`t afford them. They stole from us.

If it was my club we would be left to die. They are not a special case, without the other teams there is no league.

Beautiful post, I'd greenie it but I'm out for today!

Orktalk

Sorry if this is already been covered.

When's it going to end. If they go by this rule, we don't have any league to play in next season.

If they now ask the SPL clubs on rule H5 and they say No, then the SPL will only have 11 teams next season leaving no vacancy in the SFL.

Pleasing so far......

Does there have to be a 'vacancy' for us to join?

lololololololol.......

I can't copy paste, but it only comes into effect if a team goes bust mid season, bottom line, they need to invite Dunfermline back up or we are snookered.

Back to pleasing :)

Hopefully this will see relics like Traynor and especially chick "I will never use twitter" young consigned to the dusty storeroom where they belong.

It is this attitude that has left them so off the mark throughout this story

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Beautiful post, I'd greenie it but I'm out for today!

Done the honours for you there mate.......though would have on my own accord, though..... 8)

Cheers

PA

Why would any team in the SFL vote them into Div 1? If they are keen to get money they will get to play them as they work their way up - if they get into Div 3 and some point. League recontruction will be done whether SFL vote them in or not as the other teams in the sPL are going to make sure that happens while the cartel is bust. Trying to offer the SFL a sweetener to take newco at any level by offering all those changes, re-distribution of tv money etc is pointless.

If the SFL teams stick together and say no, the changes will happen anyway as the remaining SPL teams want them for themselves. SFL teams may not get more money just now but we woon't suffer either.

Tell you team no to the newco!

Embrace the shift of power my Diddy friends, the sooner we come out an confirm it's a No from County the better in my opinion (academic I know, but helps rub it in to a few Rangers supporting family members). Never needed the Old Firm so why start the habit. Edited by Mackie The Staggie

First Post here.

Excellent first post. I'd give you a greenie but as previously stated I have used them all up on this day of euphoria.

Does anyone remember the name of that team that doesn't exist any-more? they used to play in Glasgow and made up one half of the Old Firm.

whats an old firm?huh.gif

Why do all the people interviewed on the telly say "it's a sad/bad day for Scottish Football"? It's a fucking glorious day and it's not as if we just all suddenly decided we didn't want Rangers here, they cheated and treated everyone else with contempt. They have gotten off lightly IMO.

Sad day, get to f**k.

agreed. its a new beginning

Edited by boereseun

Does anyone remember the name of that team that doesn't exist any-more? they used to play in Glasgow and made up one half of the Old Firm.

It was Rangers wasn't it? Aye, it was, Kilsyth Rangers.

I'll get my coat.

Calm down - the smiley should have told you something !

Seriously, the point I was making was that you made the statement re. "at Celtic's bidding" without even thinking about it, it is so ingrained into your psyche. That is where we are at regarding Scottish football and that is the mentality that HAS to be changed.

Now is the time.

I suppose that's true.

Agreed.