Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

OK Guys, today and tomorrow are potentially two days which can change Scotlands' football future for the better.

Don't just sit back and hope your chairmen will do the "right" thing, keep the pressure on them.

I have emailed my club stating if Newco are anywhere near the SPL or Division 1 next year then I will be asking for a full refund.

The lies, mis-information, and downright corruption throughout the Scottish game is staggering. And, after this whole sorry saga is over I hope the attention is then turned on our so called guardians of our game at the SFA, SPL etc. Not to mention the disgraceful so called jornalism from the likes of the Daily Record.

Don't believe the scare tactics, get phoning and emailing today and tell your mates to do the same.

Lets make it happen.

Should be interesting meetings of SFL clubs with Doncaster there 'to help'

This profile is from Bristol Uni web site. No doubt all text (and photograph) provided by Mr Doncaster.

Neil Doncaster (LLB 1992)Chief Executive, Scottish Premier League

doncaster.jpg

After graduating from Bristol's School of Law in 1992, Neil passed his LPC examinations at the University of the West of England before joining a large commercial law firm in the region and qualifying as a solicitor. After working on deals involving Bristol City and Bolton Wanderers Football Clubs, he went on to become Company Secretary and in-house solicitor at Norwich City Football Club plc in 1997, before being rapidly promoted, first to Head of Operations and then, in 2001, to Chief Executive. Under his leadership, the club achieved promotion to the Premier League for the 2004–5 season, and in 2007 it was named Championship Family Club of the Year.

Neil has also been active in football's governing bodies. He was elected onto the board of the Football League in 2006 and became a member of the Football Association Council the same year. In 2008, Neil was appointed to the FA's main board.

In 2009 Neil stepped down from his roles at Norwich City, the Football League and the FA and became Chief Executive of the Scottish Premier League. In his new role, Neil is focused on improving the league for the benefit of Scotland's premier 12 clubs, increasing attendances across the league and creating commercial partnerships that will drive more money into Scottish football.

So he is focused on

1. improving the league for the benefit of Scotland's premier 12 clubs,

2. increasing attendances across the league and

3. creating commercial partnerships that will drive more money into Scottish football (well not Scottish Football, what he means is the SPL).

He will have bonus incentives if he achieves targets in these areas. Who needs bankers when we have the SPL? Looking at these targets and where the SPL will be over the next couple of years, his job must be on a shoogly peg.

Going to today's meeting his objective will be the above first and foremost. That is after all what he is paid to do. He won't go today to help SFL clubs, only insofar as they can help him personally and the SPL.

They say don't shit on people on the way up, you might meet them on the way down. http://www.telegraph...FLs-demise.html

He seems to have 2 main options.

1. He gets Sevco into the SPL or SFL1. Supporters will revolt which will include non attendance, they will campaign with public bodies and challenge all sponsors about their role and engagement. The supporters will be able to take the moral high ground against a body that is showing few ethics or any honesty. Through public blogs and social media there will be no place for the guilty to hide, and transparency demanded. Also the brand of the SPL he is there to promote becomes tainted if not toxic.

2. If Sevco go to the bottom, then income will reduce and it will be tougher for him to achieve his targets and his personal bonuses may disappear. (hence the SPL2 nonsense)

Option 1 is better for him personally but kills the SPL as the campaign to close the SPL, an organisation created for selective greed, will come from all directions.

Option 2 preserves the SPL but kills his pay packet.

If any SFL clubs were to collude with option 1, there is no doubt they would be putting their clubs at increased risk. Worse than any shortfall in income and despite any bribes (which will probably be increased today!)

If Doncaster can't convince the SFL to take the option 1, I can see the SPL board taking a view that it is better to dump Doncaster in the hope he takes the blame with him, as they try to protect themselves.

Edited by thelegendthatis

ONE LAST SURGE OF PRESSURE ON CHAIRMEN. WRITE AGAIN . IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE A FEW LINES - THEY PROBABLY DONT HAVE TIME TO READ MORE ANYWAY. THE MESSAGE;

NO TO NEWCO IN SPL , SFL1 , SPL2 , SFL2.

It doesn't take long to fire off an e-mail, do it NOW.

Apologies if this is a duplicate but this thread moves so fast

Statement from East Fife

East Fife FC want to make clear our views on the current “Newco” situation as it relates to SFL membership. We have taken into account the views of over 500 of our supporters who responded to our survey.

We retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us in this regard. The board of directors of East Fife FC, however, is unanimous in its view that we shall not support any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One. Any “Newco” must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier.

Sid Collumbine

Chairman, East Fife FC

Well done East Fife.

My apologies, I can't remember who said it, but a few days ago someone posted that the next few days was going to see a torrent of propaganda aimed at getting Sevco 5088 into division one at least, and the SPL if at all possible.

Well it seems they were correct, we've had a torrent of scare stories from the MSM aimed at terrifying us all into believing that without Sevco 5088 then armageddon is here.

I *hope* that I'm right when I say, keep the faith it's all a bluff, because if it's not then I've just lost one of the loves of my life: Motherwell FC and Scottish football in general.

Vote them back into the SPL or division one and that's it, you won't see me again. That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact said with a heavy, but resolute heart.

SKY now reporting that they maybe a re thinking by SPL clubs and NEWCO could be back in the SPL. Please tell me they are not going do this

If this were to happen then they would maybe preserve some sponsorship money but they'd effectively kill the other teams. In saying that I wonder how many fans would actually go through with their threat to demand ticket refunds or not attend?

I'd be amazed if it happened, the backlash against those who had previously said 'No' would be massive. The vote may be closer but I still reckon it will get the five required.

My apologies, I can't remember who said it, but a few days ago someone posted that the next few days was going to see a torrent of propaganda aimed at getting Sevco 5088 into division one at least, and the SPL if at all possible.

Well it seems they were correct, we've had a torrent of scare stories from the MSM aimed at terrifying us all into believing that without Sevco 5088 then armageddon is here.

I *hope* that I'm right when I say, keep the faith it's all a bluff, because if it's not then I've just lost one of the loves of my life: Motherwell FC and Scottish football in general.

Vote them back into the SPL or division one and that's it, you won't see me again. That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact said with a heavy, but resolute heart.

Did we get a result on Motherwell fans vote? Apologies if I missed it

SKY now reporting that they maybe a re thinking by SPL clubs and NEWCO could be back in the SPL. Please tell me they are not going do this

Whereas nothing about the SPHell and its chairmen would surprise me, they are gonna risk alienating their support if they change their mind about NEWCO. Doesnt matter whether its a secret ballot or not...if NEWCO get back in, ALL the clubs should be treated as being party to the Southside Abomination getting back into the SPHell

Edited by Sting777

Actually beginning to think that we have been daft to think that Rangers will be anywhere else but the SPL next season. Happy to be proved wrong but I think we are about to see a massive about turn by the SPL. I think the chairmen that came out saying no to newco believed that the SFL would capitulate and allow them in 1st division. Now that looks like it won't happen I can see some swift backtracking. I think we should all be prepared to walk away from Scottish Football come Wednesday evening.

Actually beginning to think that we have been daft to think that Rangers will be anywhere else but the SPL next season. Happy to be proved wrong but I think we are about to see a massive about turn by the SPL. I think the chairmen that came out saying no to newco believed that the SFL would capitulate and allow them in 1st division. Now that looks like it won't happen I can see some swift backtracking. I think we should all be prepared to walk away from Scottish Football come Wednesday evening.

Kinda my thought this morning too :(:(

Methinks you wont be alone in your actions. The next few days are gonna make or break Scottish football. Lets hope all the chairmen (SPHell and SFL) realise the long term damage they will do to their clubs, if they do anything other than put this club into the bottom level of Scottish Football (at best!!)