Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust is to meet on Wednesday to formulate a position - that isn't big news, but the statement includes downloads of BOTH documents the SFL clubs are consulting on. One is the bulletpoint list of financial etc. items, but the other is the proposed governance structure of a united body. I don't think it's been in public domain previously?

http://www.berwickrangers.org/sfl-newco-proposals/

Main features:

* SPL is renamed SPFL, and SFL wound-up

* 12 clubs in SPFL Premier hold 'A' shares; 30 clubs in SPFL Championship, League One, League Two hold 'B' shares

* Qualified Resolutions require 11-1 majority of A shares, where affecting them; and 3/4 of B shares, where affecting them

* otherwise 8-4 majority of A shares; 2/3 majority of B shares

* Main Board comprises Chairman, CEO, 3 Premier reps, 2 lower-level reps, 2 independent directors

* Chairman + 1 independent appointed by Premier clubs; 1 independent appointed by other clubs

* Operational Board One deals with Premier + Championship... Chairman, CEO, 2 Premier reps, 1 Championship rep

* Operational Board Two deals with League One + League Two... Chairman, CEO, 2 League One reps, 1 League Two rep

It strikes me, on first reading, that this is somewhat weighted towards SPFL Premier clubs. Not particularly equitable.

Anything with 11-1 in it is worthless in my opinion.

Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust is to meet on Wednesday to formulate a position - that isn't big news, but the statement includes downloads of BOTH documents the SFL clubs are consulting on. One is the bulletpoint list of financial etc. items, but the other is the proposed governance structure of a united body. I don't think it's been in public domain previously?

I believe they have been available for download at the bottom of the Clyde statement on their OS.

I'm pleased to see the return of the phrase...

FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON

© Nei Doncaster

...in the Record today. I wonder who the source might have been?

http://www.berwickrangers.org/sfl-newco-proposals/

Main features:

* SPL is renamed SPFL, and SFL wound-up

* 12 clubs in SPFL Premier hold 'A' shares; 30 clubs in SPFL Championship, League One, League Two hold 'B' shares

* Qualified Resolutions require 11-1 majority of A shares, where affecting them; and 3/4 of B shares, where affecting them

* otherwise 8-4 majority of A shares; 2/3 majority of B shares

* Main Board comprises Chairman, CEO, 3 Premier reps, 2 lower-level reps, 2 independent directors

* Chairman + 1 independent appointed by Premier clubs; 1 independent appointed by other clubs

* Operational Board One deals with Premier + Championship... Chairman, CEO, 2 Premier reps, 1 Championship rep

* Operational Board Two deals with League One + League Two... Chairman, CEO, 2 League One reps, 1 League Two rep

It strikes me, on first reading, that this is somewhat weighted towards SPFL Premier clubs. Not particularly equitable.

It was included at the bottom of Clyde's statement. Less SPFL more SPL3 and 4.

Edit: bunglebounce beat me to it while I was formatting FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON.

Edited by Kitty_Boy

I knew this would happen. The DR is doing the old tabloid trick of trying to set the narrative, and thus creating the reality where "We are the truth" and everyone else is in the wrong . They are still peddling the idea that Sky would walk away from our game, and that our game will crumble into some sort Irish league set up.

Now this ploy might have worked, say twenty years ago when the printed media were probably the only way we would get our information from. Not now though, time hath changed. We know that Sky are not going to walk away from our game, their whole business plan is to put as much sport behind a pay-wall so as to get as many of us to buy subscriptions. Our game is not going become some sort of Irish League, yes we might have few less millionaire players strutting about our pitches but is that a bad thing? I would rather see the teams putting out their own home-grown talent.

Times are going to be tough for a clubs, as fans we know that, but we also trust our clubs to make the right adjustments so they can deal with those times. I think our clubs know that they will lose a large chunk of their fan base and will do the right thing. Charles Green's ridiculous comments about clubs "running scared" of their fans, the clubs are not scared of their fans Charles, they are listening to their fans. I think its Charles Green that is running scared. Times have changed in Scottish football.

The DR sport writers ( and all the others ) will just have to get the road map out and enjoy the hospitality of Peterhead. I look forward to the 3 page spread of the match reports of the third division games.

For Charles

Edited by Calidad

Don't know what to make of that Traynor article, It's Jim Traynor - so it's likely to be bullshit but at the same time if "I Can't Believe It's Not Rangers" have been doing this the first journalist they'll tell is that c**t. Served up with a big dod of lamb no doubt.

I believe they have been available for download at the bottom of the Clyde statement on their OS.

Fair enough, anyway point was I hadn't seen it discussed anywhere previously, and it's of considerable importance.

It was included at the bottom of Clyde's statement. Less SPFL more SPL3 and 4.

Edit: bunglebounce beat me to it while I was formatting FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON.

It says:

The Scottish Premier League Limited would be re-named The Scottish Professional Football League Limited (“SPFL”) and would comprise 4 divisions.

and:

The 30 clubs joining from the SFL and comprising divisions 2, 3 and 4 (perhaps to be called the “Scottish Championship”, “Scottish League One” and “Scottish League Two”)

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just reading that, Express :blink:, article..? If you can call it that.

Seems harsh to pick holes in it since the entire report has quite clearly been written by a 4 year old with a set of Crayola's.

However;

RANGERS chief executive Charles Green last night accused SPL chairmen of bowing to fan power instead of acting for the good of Scottish football.

Point A) 'RANGERS' no longer exist. And Green is certainly not the chief. He owns Sevco5088.

Point B) Without football, there's no fans. Without fans, there's no club. Bowing to fan pressure, seriously? Every club must keep their fans or they would go bust. Supporters of one other club from a league of 12 teams buying a few tickets and pies does not keep a club afloat. A good home support is the basis of any strong football team.

They would then be forced to apply to the Scottish Football League, with the worse-case scenario seeing them admitted to the Third Division.

Point C) Forced? Glasgow Rangers were liquidated. The phoenix club is reapplying for membership in the SFL. If anything, they should be apologising for many years of hate, bigotry and bile (not to mention dodgy contracts and tax avoidance) which has blighted our game throughout history. 'The Rangers' should be begging for the rest of Scottish football to give them a second chance, like an ex that has cheated on their partner.

Green, meanwhile, has written to every football club in the UK threatening legal action if they sign any of the players who objected to their contracts being transferred to the newco.

Point D) Green comes across like a child that's had their sweets confiscated for being a wee arsehole. It's time to accept that you've done wrong and the players are within their rights to move elsewhere. No one wants to be on a sinking/sunk ship, let alone a professional footballer.

Rangers are currently banned from European competition after breaching UEFA’s strict financial rules.

Point E) No comment required really, just lazy, lazy journalism. They are not 'banned' from Europe. No new club can enter Europe for 3 years. Financial rules do not apply to the new co.

Pie and Bovril@pieandbovSFL clubs have nothing to gain by bending over to accept Sevco in 1st. Expect they will stand united and say no to bribery and no to Sevco.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaugGordon McDougal of Livingston FC says there's a growing feeling that #Rangers newco should go to division 3. #SFL

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug On steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he's been lied to, threatened and bullied.#SFL

David Cowan@stvdavidcRaith Rovers chairman Turnball Hutton says Sfl clubs being "bullied and thraatened" over #rangers first div move

Edited by BELFASTSAINTEE

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaugOn steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he's been lied to, threatened and bullied.#SFL

Expand

get them telt Turnbillbiggrin.gif

One would hope that that statement was followed up with the question "by whom?".

While I hold a great deal of respect for the stance Mr Hutton is taking, it would be pure dead brilliant if he actually told who was doing the lying, threatening and bullying.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaugOn steps of Hampden, Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton says the game is corrupt. Says he's been lied to, threatened and bullied.#SFL

Expand

get them telt Turnbillbiggrin.gif

I can't help but think that the straight-talking and credible Turnbull Hutton won't exactly keep schtoom - and Doncaster/Longmuir drivel will be seen as just that. Fingers crossed. Hutton should get the job if he wants it!!

One would hope that that statement was followed up with the question "by whom?".

While I hold a great deal of respect for the stance Mr Hutton is taking, it would be pure dead brilliant if he actually told who was doing the lying, threatening and bullying.

He'll have got haunners' fae' some of his mates in other three-letter organisations that start with 'S' mind you.....

post-11339-0-38224100-1341308449_thumb.j