Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceUp to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

It was 5 clubs the other day, but I see we're up to 6 now. It'll be 7 by the time the SPL vote comes round tomorrow. Lies lies and more lies.

Thing is, if 5 clubs do go bust, then they could simply get re-admitted to SFL1. Everyone's a winner. Seems to be the way things are done.

Edited by BinoBalls

Stuart Bathgate had an excellent article in yesterday's Scotsman. Ewing Grahame pestered David Longmur for answers in the Express. Graham Spiers and Tom English have been decent also.

Ta muchly. And to anyone else who replied, I'm still catching up on the 25 pages since I last checked 2 hours ago...

I'm surprised that Channel 4 News have showed any interest to be perfectly honest. Never saw Scottish football as 'their thing'.

Aye I was very impressed they stuck with it, nobody else even bothered.

It's all in the thread, Swiss boy.

Curl up with a bar of Toblerone and read it. (From about two weeks ago should do.)

Or search for Jim Spence or Mark Daly.:rolleyes:

:) I've been glued to this thread for the last couple of weeks but still miss a lot, unbelievable amount of traffic here. Oh, and toblerone's pish, I'd much rather have a roll and lorne sausage, those Japanese don't have a feckin clue there!

So to recap Jim Traynor's "exclusives"

1)Last Monday we had 2Newco are in div 1 - you 14 year olds better accept that." Then SFL clubs all started saying GTF.

2)Yesterday we had "you had better let them in all YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!" - thought it was nailed on Jim?

3)Today we had shhh secret deal SPL gonna let em back in

Now Regan says SFA not allowing Newco into SPL.

FINGER.ON.PULSE that lad

It's quite remarkable, isn't it. In the past 10 days we've gone from all 42 Scottish clubs circling the business end of the khazi to 20 Scottish clubs circling the business end of the khazi. Today's Record claims it's three (one, I suspect, being a club that doesn't really exist at the moment and the other its best pal that claims it can survive without) and now Stewpot Raygun has six on the windy ledge.

One of the many elephants in the room is this: do these people not prepare for such eventualities?

So there are 6 clubs in the SPL that would go to the wall if they were relegated, eh? I smell shite.

Exactly - which clubs then? Scare mongering. We're doomed, doomed I tell ya. Yeah well we'll take our chances

The problem here is that Doncaster and Reagan are speaking to a room full of guys , many of whom couldn't give two fucks about any TV deal as they will never see any benefit themselves.

Who clubs also got fucked by the SPL however many years ago now, the SFL clubs will do nothing to help SPL clubs, and good on them

The problem here is that Doncaster and Reagan are speaking to a room full of guys , many of whom couldn't give two fucks about any TV deal as they will never see any benefit themselves.

BUT WHAT ABOUT TEH MILLION POUNDZ?!?!

It was 5 clubs the other day, but I see we're up to 6 now. It'll be 7 by the time the SPL vote comes round tomorrow. Lies lies and more lies.

What does it matter now? The SFA have already said that NewCo won't be allowed in the SPL.

Who clubs also got fucked by the SPL however many years ago now, the SFL clubs will do nothing to help SPL clubs, and good on them

Each will have its price, I'm sure, dry.gif

There is such a thing as promotion and relegation. An SPL TV deal has implications on SFL to that extent. It's not a clear cut issue, though I can't see how SFL 1 is remotely possible.

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Sorry if I've missed this and it's been covered already, but, if the SFA will not allow RFC Newco into the SPL have they given an opinion on RFC Newco going straight onto SFL Div 1? If so, have the SFA given a reason for supporting this view?