Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Sorry if I've missed this and it's been covered already, but, if the SFA will not allow RFC Newco into the SPL have they given an opinion on RFC Newco going straight onto SFL Div 1? If so, have the SFA given a reason for supporting this view?

What does it matter now? The SFA have already said that NewCo won't be allowed in the SPL.

It matters because their master-plan is still to put Sevco 5088 in the First Division, where they'll automatically go up at the first attempt (easiest league in the world if the football authorities are corrupt), thus securing the finances of 'six' SPL clubs.

There is absolutely nothing of merit in this plan for First Division clubs, or any SFL club. For a league on the brink of destruction the SPL has offered very little in the form of sweeteners and an awful lot of unsubstantiated bullshit and threats. They've made a complete mess of the situation and it's up to SFL clubs to deliver the final nail in their coffin.

Of course, when the six SPL clubs automatically go down the swanny, there will be no such talk of promoting their Newco into the First 'for the good of Scottish football'.

Hopefully the reason the propaganda machine of Jim Traynor et al and Cockwomble, the SPL etc are spouting so much barely believable pish is because they are desparate and know that really, anything other than newco to div 3 is almost impossible to deliver, so they are desperately trying to conjure up a game-changing argument for parachuting rangers in. I'd be doubtful that even 6 SPL clubs see a benefit of having Rangers in the SFL 1 if they have any idea of fan outrage on this issue. Doncaster is probably on performance related bonuses, dependent on what money he can raise the SPL through sponsorship, that would no doubt influence his position on where the newco go as much as anything else, as well as being able to put on his CV that he oversaw record sponsorship deals etc. Would suit him better than to say 'I saw SPL revenue drop 50% under my stewardship'.

Just watched the BBC news. The lone protester has to be the funniest thing i've seen in ages.

Anyone else think we should all take in a Raith Rovers game this coming season. A tribute to the only chairman with Baws in Scottish football. The guy is a legend.

The Orcs can win what they like today, but the fact remains they are skint. Nae money, nae proper team and Sally is AWOL!

huh.gifThats harsh on the Chairmen of these clubs Morton, Dunfermline,Clyde, Peterhead who also all made very good statements.

No, seriously, I don't see why this should be the case at all. If you've got a contract to show matches from the Scottish Football League organisation's First Division, then it's exactly that.

Before rebranding the Scottish Football League First Division was called, erm, the Scottish Football League First Division. The top league basically changed its organisational structure and 'Division' to 'League'. There is no Scottish Premier Division to cover games from.

"Up to". Could be none, then.

Yeah, it's language that's very common in advertising circles. eg:

"Head and shoulders gives you up to 100% flake free hair" (but so does water)

It basically means the square root of f**k all.

Yeah, it's language that's very common in advertising circles. eg:

"Head and shoulders gives you up to 100% flake free hair" (but so does water)

It basically means the square root of f**k all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dandruff problem. :lol::lol::lol:

Before rebranding the Scottish Football League First Division was called, erm, the Scottish Football League First Division. The top league basically changed its organisational structure and 'Division' to 'League'. There is no Scottish Premier Division to cover games from.

Fair enough as I miswrote that, I was meaning top division. It'd depend on the contract. But in England for example, the breakaway was exactly that - Football League did continue to use it's old division names, award the old trophies, etc.

Anyway it's a moot point r.e. Newco Rangers as it's happened. Clauses seem to exist, and Doncaster and Regan are either pretending they'll be enacted (call their bluff) or know they'll be enacted (up to SFL's clubs whether they give 2 hoots).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Can someone please explain how the SFA are able to not allow Sevco into the SPL.

because regan thinks he's the mutt's nuts

tbh i think the SFA are planning to stand up and be counted for once after seeing the SPL attempt to shite all over their ame with the talk of a breakaway SPL2