Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's hardly an apology. He deftly shifts the blame when he says:

I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers.

It's a sound enough statement. Blame doesn't equal responsibility. Murray/Whyte are to blame, Rangers(IA)/NewCo have (or will inherit) the responsibility

Edited by The Old Northerner

How much do the tickets go for now? I went to see them in the early eighties and I think the ticket was about a tenner.

Seen them in the seventies think it was Farewell to Kings tour at the Apollo,you were robbed if you paid a tenner.

If SPL clubs wanted to know which way the wind was blowing, they'd only have to do a quick search of the Internet. As it stands Raith, Dunfermline, Morton, Stirling, East Fife, Stranraer, Annan, Peterhead have all openly stated their position as No. There are a few others who are definitely leant towards that too. Eight 'Nos' is enough, which makes me think you have this the wrong way round.

This is about that donkey Doncaster and his cronies begging, bribing and cajoling the SFL clubs out of a widely adopted stance. I for one would cheer if the SFL stood firm and tore up every single one of the SPL's precious sponsorship contracts in the process. f**k them: they took all the money out of the lower leagues years ago, time to take the power back to the diddy clubs.

Feck me, i'm actually in agreement with vikingtool ! :blink:

You're still a twat though. :rolleyes:

I hope when Doncaster goes he takes you with him. Creepy apologist c**t.

Oh goody you're back in opinion Gestapo mode.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if EPL, UEFA, infact most deals have such clauses. If I was a TV exec, I wouldn't commit to a 5yr TV deal if the big clubs that generate my viewing figures could all leave 1yr in, or a breakaway division could be formed, etc. etc.

Presumably if the clauses were refused then TV would've paid less over these last X years.

There's many, many things that've been revealed or have happened in the last 4 months which are outrageous, but the existence of such commercial clauses isn't (IMO) among them.

Edited by HibeeJibee

So to recap Jim Traynor's "exclusives"

1)Last Monday we had 2Newco are in div 1 - you 14 year olds better accept that." Then SFL clubs all started saying GTF.

2)Yesterday we had "you had better let them in all YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!" - thought it was nailed on Jim?

3)Today we had shhh secret deal SPL gonna let em back in

Now Regan says SFA not allowing Newco into SPL.

FINGER.ON.PULSE that lad

Edited by marty_j

Why has it take Regan months to say that? A lot of this posturing could have been avoided.

That was exactly what I was thinking myself?! Would have saved a hell of a lot of hassle.

Why can't Doncaster et al realise that it really is too late to try and 'engineer' a route for the Newco into either the SPL or SFL? However it is done it will not satisfy the stakeholders of all other clubs including the international authorities a great number of clubs would probably go under in the resulting turmoil and backlash. Frankly if my own club takes a hit from this I won't shed too many tears - Houston's bleating about not being able to sign more players is quite frankly pathetic. Every club in the SPL will be 'suffering' the same way so would not weaken our relative position.

Turnbull Hutton's interview is tremendous. He looks about as frustrated and angry as I feel! Perhaps it is time for some of the well run SFL clubs to be given recognition for this and replace some of the teams in the SPL who are clearly incapable of achieving the same result.

You cannot state he is corrupt. (however much you and I dislike him).

Doncaster has a duty of care towards the SPL clubs and it would be amiss to not point such things out.

IF the contract has been botched and includes a clause, then as custodians of the SPL he has to duty.

a) to inform them

b) see what they the clubs wish to do about it.

At the end of the days it boils down to what the clubs requirements are.

Imagine the fury if they booted Rangers right out the game, no consultation and then told the chairmen .. sorry but the TV money went tits up .... and cue many more clubs going to the wall.

The only the man is corrupt is if the clause does not exist .. if it does he has done the best he can.

( I for one would not like to be in that hot seat ... damned if does and damned if he doesn't)

I didn't say he was corrupt, but that his values were. And they are.

Oh goody you're back in opinion Gestapo mode.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if EPL, UEFA, infact most leagues have such clauses. If I was a TV exec, I wouldn't commit to a 5yr TV deal if the big clubs could all leave 1yr in, or a breakaway division could be formed, etc. etc.

Really? When have the 'big clubs' ever left a major national league to go somewhere else, and where did they go? Rebrandings such as the SPL not withstanding.

Until the Rangers situation unfolded in all it's gory detail there was hee-haw prospect of Celtic or Rangers being outside the SPL, ever. They weren't going to England, they weren't going to the Atlantic League and they certainly weren't going to be relegated, either on merit or after the SPL created more reconstruction to prevent it.

Unless the TV deal also has clauses covering volcano insurance and being stabbed to death by a unicorn then I fail to see what is credible about this phantom 'big team' clause.

Edited by vikingTON

I hope the SFL take the SPL for a ride here. After what went on before, it would be glorious to see. It will obviously hurt a few clubs financially, but not any more than so many were hurt with the formation of the SPL all those years ago.

Go on SFL - kick the big wigs in the knackers and end this charade once and for all!

well we know rangers arent going to be in the spl next season due to SFA comments.

so the point of tomorrows spl vote is what exactly???

the sfl should just vote once they have shown Cockwomble the door today

Edited by BELFASTSAINTEE

'The world is closing in

Did you ever think

That we could be so close, like brothers

The future's in the air

I can feel it everywhere

Blowing with the wind of change'

Unless the TV deal also has clauses covering volcano insurance and being stabbed to death by a unicorn then I fail to see what is credible about this phantom 'big team' clause.

It'll be there because Sky's lawyers insisted on it. "If it's never going to happen, why would you object to the clause being included?"

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceSfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

:o

Ok, that would have been a handy thing to say a couple of weeks/months ago!

How about Regan follows that up by saying that the SFA wont allow them to "parachute" directly into the first division and then we can all go home?

Why? They signed a deal that says someone pays £ABC, for a product they regard as having a certain value... and that if that product alters significantly (through removal of something which contributes a large amount of the value) they can renegotiate or walk away.

It doesn't say Rangers must be in SPL... it says TV doesn't have to pay £ABC for something whose value has reduced.

That may be the case, but that isnt how Cockwomble is portraying it, and therein lies the problem. Either he is guilty of negotiating a contract that has, at best, left the SPL wide open to the loss of millions of pounds of revenue or he is guilty of lying about it to the clubs of the SFL in an attempt to blackmail them into doing what he wants.

WTF!?

So all we've heard today is a secret deal to allow Sevco entry to the SPL, with Neil Cockwomble Doncaster spouting out warnings of FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON if Sevco don't get to leapfrog SFL2 and 3 upon election, and now Regan comes out with this peach!?

You'd think that Regan and Doncaster would have agreed on a common way forward before today's SFL meeting, but no, it sounds like a complete fukking shambles. Oh dear...

I wonder if there is a bit of cock-womblingaving going on? Perhaps Cockwomble, and to a lesser extent Longmuir, have been pushing and pushing without involving the SFA or, maybe, directly against their advice.

Maybe this is Regans way of showing them who, ultimately, is "in charge"?

I think Doncaster - and his real puppet-master at Celtic Park - are way out of their depth trying this. That said, there is on the face of it a credible reason for discussing proposals today. It's July 3rd, if clubs wanted to go with Zombie Rangers + reconstruction then they'd have about four weeks to hold the relevant votes and organisation at every level of the game. It's incredible how late in the day this is developing: Morton for example are starting their pre-season friendlies today...

Would like to see more detail on the SFA's position. At the moment it is fucking bizarre to say the least.

That could have come straight from Leggos blog

VT = Leggo? :o