Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Mr Green comes out fighting. "We will pursue claims with no chance of success and also ask the SFA to set up a panel to consider requests for the players' clearances even though I accept the SFA cannot stop issuing them."

"Any suggestion that I am angry at £10 million profit walking away for nothing is entirely accurate".

The above might be a paraphrase, by the way.

http://scotslawthoug...ngers-and-lose/

Edited by Paulmcc12

Here's my interpretation of events:

Neil Doncaster: "Sevco5088 will gain entry to the First Division with a three point penalty but will keep their own home and all their away gate money to pay back HMRC, okay gentlemen?"

S.F.L. "get to f**k."

Neil Doncaster: "Okay gentlemen, then there is no option but to allow Sevco5088 to participate in the SPL."

S.F.L. "......."

surely Sevco5088 don't owe HMRC anything - well not yet at least.

And the SFL response to the second statement would be "good luck with that one tomorrow then"

Charles Green made a verge of tears statement regarding Whittaker's transfer to Norwich, along the lines of "Rangers will be playing in Europe again before Norwich will".

Doncaster is their former chief executive. Right before they started to get good again

Whittaker is expected to sign for them and Doncaster was chief executive of Norwich before SPL. Will be one of those two things.

Cheers guys! I knew about the Whittaker transfer (although not Green's statement!), but I'd forgotten he came from Norwich.

Whatever the outcome of this fiasco, there must be resignations from those responsible for the threat that teams would be barred from promotion to SPL2. The scottish game is about EVERY team, not just the perceived giants.

Turnbull Hutton is the ideal person to idemand an inquiry into the blackmail attempts by certain people. It is not acceptable to let this go once the dust settles. I am being careful to avoid names of those to be thrown out. A proper investigation should establish who the corrupt individuals are and they must be forced out. I hope the Raith Rovers Chairman is aware that the vast majority of fans of all clubs are 100% behind him.

Sporting integrity has become a term to be scoffed at during this crisis. It seems that there is no such thing and some people prefer that sporting integrity should never be considered.

Clear the decks, let's start again and let's create a real 'association' of clubs who stick rigidly to the rules of that association. That way we win or lose on our merits. That doesn't auger well for Ayr United but that's how it should be. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

If there are any clubs who think they should be above these principles and are not prepared to accept these conditions, refuse them entry.

As for people like James Traynor, don't buy the comic that is the Daily Record. You know it makes sense not to. People like this imbecile must be hounded out.

Edit to add: Turnbull Hutton, a man of real integrity.

I'm up for reforming the Ayrshire Football Association.

We could have Talbot, Cumnock, youze mob, Troon, Medda, etc etc.

Killie would be the dominant force in Ayrshire, like we aren't alreadys :D and demand the lion's share of BBC Alba money! :ph34r:

No, you cannae have the Ayrshire Cup, the oldest trophy in Scotland. It belongs to the oldest professional club in Scotland and youze are no getting it!!

Have a Charles btw for a good post, this is geting tedious :blink:

Edited by DuntoiRab

On the TV / Sponsorship clauses, one thing to point out is that once a clause gets into a contract, it can be very hard indeed for the party that agreed to get that clause removed. A long time ago I worked on a stadium financing transaction for an ice hockey deal and our side fought hard to put in lots of provisions covering a player strike, which at the time was a distant possibility. There was, in fact, a strike but years after and under different circumstances then what we were concerned about. I'd be willing to bet that the original language stayed in and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it stayed in with only minor modifications after the strike even if new parties and new contracts were involved. "You guys agreed to this before, and you say it won't happen anyway, let's keep it in" is a pretty good negotiating tactic and is much easier than negotiating a point de novo.

The point is however silly the occasional deluded threats to go to England/Blue Sq. or the Atlantic league seem now in light of a) the wall of money flooded into English football in the last decade, b) UEFA clarifying they don't like transnational leagues, c) Rangers fans trashing Manchester, c) improvements in the Dutch and Portugese leagues and d) the steep decline of the OF on the pitch relative to other leagues they didn't seem quite as pie in the sky in the past. Nobody seems to know when theses clauses emerged, but it's quite possible they are legacy language from a time where relegation of Rangers or Celtic on the pitch was incomprehensible but their departure to parts elsewhere over the life of a contract was a dim but no less real possibility. Given the viewership numbers for the OF if I was a broadcaster I'd be loathe to remove such a provision once the precedent had been agreed.

If that's the case, it's hard to fault the Scottish football authorities. Of course, if that's the case the language of the clauses is crucial because if they were designed to capture the OF leaving voluntarily they might not capture this scenario perfectly. To speculate wildly, I wouldn't be shocked to find there was some savings clause language that made it clear the contract shouldn't be read as obligating the SPL to change their normal rules and which might be read creatively by either side.

So, Regan has said they definitely won't be in the SPL next season. And there has supposedly been a 'bad reaction' from the First Division chairmen to Doncaster's little speech.

Farewell Rangers.

No need for SPL vote tomorrow then?

All off the hook.