Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

why would you buy shares in a company soon to be liquidated blink.gif

Because you can sell debt. It's why Whyte and Green went anywhere near Rangers. It was always going to go to the wall, but there are ways and means to legally make money from losses.

Can you explain in simple terms why it is unimportant to know the chairmen / teams who decided to vote against sporting integrity? These people have shown absolute disrespect to their own customers and have thumbed their nose at the 'tartan summer' zeitgeist.

Sevco to SFL3 is unsatisfactory but it is realpolitik. While they might be a bit of a mess off-field, it is likely to resolve - someone will buy Green out now they're worth little and have dodged the debt - and they have massive potential to be successful again. Their absolute loss would have gone against common sense far more than what the combined chief executives wished for...

However, Sevco to SFL1 shits all over the history of our national game as it effectively says: "go bust? expect only a demotion - provided you are one of the two most successful clubs in Scottish football history". Sevco had acquired the assets, something iirc Airdrie United had not done when they unsuccessfully applied to replace Airdrieonians. A newco with assets should go in at the bottom. Only SELF INTERESTED GREED would vote against sporting integrity for money.

So I ask again: can you explain in simple terms why it is unimportant to know the chairmen / teams who decided to vote against sporting integrity?

I knew I heard a speech like this recently after another decision was made in secret, I wracked my brains thinking about it but it's only just dawned on me now.

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are," added McCoist.

Doesn't look good, the post on our website made on sporting integrity a few days ago has magically disappeared!

If you mean this one (Ritchie's statement) it's still listed there under the Club News link, but you need to click on it from the homepage.

http://www.falkirkfc...6003&Itemid=320

Edited by GunnerBairn

I knew I heard a speech like this recently after another decision was made in secret, I wracked my brains thinking about it but it's only just dawned on me now.

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are," added McCoist.

Different issue completely.

Fat Sally already knew who they were and wanted their names to be made public to suit his (and the media's) own agenda.

I just want these chairmen to not get the silver they chased.

I think you've forgotten who's side you are on. Super Caley Sevco Ballistic?

Anyway, going by the pathetic whining of your chairman today, you lot are next onto the 'quisling' list, for those of us out there that believe in standing together for a common cause. No to sevco anywhere above Div 3.

Edited by Jim Leighton

Different issue completely.

Fat Sally already knew who they were and wanted their names to be made public to suit his (and the media's) own agenda.

I just want these chairmen to not get the silver they chased.

I think you've forgotten who's side you are on. Super Caley Sevco Ballistic?

Aye, awright Sally.

I think it's also perfectly legitimate for the fans of those 5 clubs who voted 'Yes' to know this, as it informs them of the attitudes and approach of those running their club... None of the 5 asked their fans.

So do I but I don't think it is up to fans of other clubs to campaign for their destruction, as a fan of ICT I was angered by Kenny Cameron's statement earlier. I want a few answers as to what he meant by his statement, I also want him to retract it having had the opportunity to reflect and discuss it at the EGM but for fans of opposition clubs to threaten boycott before anything has been clarified I think is a bit much.

Anyone else notice the Daily Record removed Keith Jackson's "wealth off the radar" story about Craig Whyte from their website :lol:

Haw you. I believe you made a promise regarding your avatar should jelly and ice cream indeed be provided.

Doesn't look good, the post on our website made on sporting integrity a few days ago has magically disappeared!

If you mean this one (Ritchie's statement) it's still listed there under the Club News link, but you need to click on it from the homepage.

http://www.falkirkfc...6003&Itemid=320

Somebody at Falkirk reads P&B! As if by magic the Chairman's Statement has reappeared on the Homepage! :unsure:

Hey webman, any chance of confirming how we voted? ;)

Gotta love SevcoMedia still

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=231432

just a short topic about wearing my rangers top in the big tesco in dunfermline today,i was getting some funny looks from some certain different individuals,i was in no mood for banter soi`m glad nothing kicked off i`m a 14 stone original 80`s skinhead so am easy about any looks it was funny it was like some of them had seen a ghost,is it that bad when other fitba fans stare because of the plight of the mighty rangers? some of you might read this and think the guys paranoid but i swear i was getting some stares, probobly some inbred dunfermline fans thinking we`ve had an easy ride,that not being the case rangers have had it hard by all the scottish teams bar a handful so stuff them i will wear my top when i go out locally no one will stop me showing my support to the team i love.-SIMPLY THE BEST-WATP------- uk.gifuk.gif21.gif
im lucky were i am we are all rangers so nobody has give any shit bout rangers in general . i have my rangers flag flying on the lampost outside my house all year round uk.gif

Always like to wear Rangers stuff but this summer I am going thru every bit of Rangers gear I have. Once back from work I wouldnt leave the house without our colours. Also Im going to Matchplay darts in Blackpool in a couple of weeks and I will be wearing our stuff when out and about (pity PDC dont let football colours in but its amazing what you can do with a marker and the 180 sign ;) ). On top of it I have recently took a shine to 3/4 tracksuit bottoms, I am sure my big Rangers tattoo on my right leg being visible has nothing to do with it! Also when I play darts I wear my Rangers pin badge on my shirt and union flag flights, esp when there is a chance to get my mug in the local rag. :dry: Bring on the new season book, new season and division 3. We are Dignity FC uk.gif
You can walk about freely where i stay with a Rangers top on,but if you have a Sellik top on,well thats another story,but tbh this is a thriving area and there is more and more development in this area,exactly halfway from Glasgow and Edinburgh,but more often than not when you here a Glesga voice,they are mainly from the other side :angry:

these recent "small" issues have made me think "f**k this if I'm gony get stabbed I'd gladly go in a gers top"

Plus its cash for the club

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So do I but I don't think it is up to fans of other clubs to campaign for their destruction, as a fan of ICT I was angered by Kenny Cameron's statement earlier. I want a few answers as to what he meant by his statement, I also want him to retract it having had the opportunity to reflect and discuss it at the EGM but for fans of opposition clubs to threaten boycott before anything has been clarified I think is a bit much.

You could always split the band, citing creative differnces and go back to the Highland League.

I've done a wee poll with about 50 Rangers fans that I know including my family.

I was utterly gobsmacked with what really is the agenda of the newco going to the 3rd division.

A few said they really couldn't care less it's not Rangers anymore and were season ticket holders,a few good people.

Around 10% said they should be in the SPL regardless of recent circumstances and looked forward to seeing SPL teams suffer because they are not there.

Around 40% said it's because that's were they should start from ! BUT ! so they can watch other clubs go to the wall and enter admin and liquidate :o.

Another 40% said just so they can watch the other SPL clubs that voted against them go to the wall or enter admin or get liquidated.

Boycotting ! 90% said they would boycott other clubs,and this 90% didn't even have a season ticket or even have been to an away game in donkeys years :o.The other 10% liked away games regardless.

The oldco's history and punishments !

All but 4 or 5 people said the history was gone and Greens team was a brand new team with no history and said the newco should accept the oldco's punishments to a point regarding the dual contracts if they want to be known as Rangers in any name.

The rest are confused stating it's a continuation of the oldco but is immune to any punishment from the oldco even though it is the oldco's history they want meaning they are the oldco and are liable for the oldco's history.At this point I nearly had a fight with my brother the die hard Rangers fan and he spouted out Big Jock Knew,54 titles WATP,the biggest most successful club team on the planet and still going strong,fcuk the pope and your a kiddy fiddling supporter.Needless to say I pissed in his coffee later as a lesson ha har.

So in reality the majority of the Rangers fans only want 3rd division football so they can watch the rest of the SPL suffer and not because this is by the rule book for a new club.The majority don't actually think they are a new club playing in a dead clubs stadium with no history as the history books will record,they just want to gloat about 54 titles WATP n most successful club team in the world n aw that.

About half still can't understand that EBT's were illegal they way Rangers used them,they only say EBT's are legal so why are we being punished and it was the players on the park who won them titles and Rangers could have afforded them anyway :blink:.

I thought I'd find more ragers fans with an open mind and understood what has happened ! but NO they just want to watch everyone suffer on their way back to lifting the SPL title in 4 years at a canter shouting 58 titles and still going strong.Yes they will include the 3rd 2nd and 1st to their title horde.

Anyone else notice the Daily Record removed Keith Jackson's "wealth off the radar" story about Craig Whyte from their website :lol:

This one?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2010/11/18/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-on-the-brink-of-taking-over-the-club-he-loves-86908-22722617/

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club he loves

Nov 18 2010 Keith Jackson

Craig Whyte started playing the stock market at the age of 15. By the time he left school he had more than £20,000 in his bank account.

Today, aged just 39, this financial whizzkid from Motherwell stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray.

And he's still one year younger than captain Davie Weir.

A deal worth around £30million is now believed to have reached such an advanced stage that sources say Whyte, a high-roller who splits his time between a home in London and the idyllic Castle Grant in Grantown-on-Spey, could even have the keys to Ibrox in time to fund a major refurbishment of Walter Smith's top-team squad in January.

The news will delight Rangers supporters who have been fretting over the future of their club ever since Murray first slapped a For Sale sign on the front door of Edmiston Drive around three years ago.

As the club's financial health deteriorated to such an extent the banks moved in to control the purse strings, a series of false dawns came and went.

First, a consortium headed up by South African-based tycoon Dave King came to the fore only to fail to meet Murray's asking price.

Then, in March this year, Londonbased property developer Andrew Ellis emerged as the frontrunner and was granted a period of exclusivity in order to get the deal done.

But Ellis, now part of the consortium, did not have the financial clout to back up his bold promises and his bid collapsed, leaving Rangers firmly in the grip of the Lloyds Group.

Exiled Glaswegian King was then talked up once more as the possible saviour but he was also engaged in a long-running battle with the tax man and while those issues remained unresolved, he too looked l ike an increasingly unlikely white knight for a club now engulfed by crisis.

But yesterday, quite out of the blue, Record Sport learned a new man is at the table and that a deal to end Murray's 22-year reign is ready to be completed.

And that man is a relative boy.

By the age of 26, Whyte was already Scot land's youngest self-made millionaire. Now, 13 years on, and in charge of a vast business empire, his wealth is off the radar.

Whyte is a venture capitalist who has made his millions from playing the markets - a skill he secret ly began honing in his third year at Glasgow's Kelvinside Academy. In one of his few interviews he revealed how he immediately regretted going to the private school - because he despised playing rugby.

He said: "I hated the discipline of it. It was a rugby-only school, which I didn't play as I was interested in football.'' Whyte worked weekends for his dad's plant hire firm. And he saved up his wages to fund his habit of gambling on Stock Exchange.

It is said that, by the time he left school, he had more cash in his bank than many of his teachers.

At 19, he was in charge of his own hire plant.

Now he owns his own castle - one of the most historic buildings in Scotland. And very soon he could be adding Rangers to his portfolio. It remains to be seen if Whyte's move to capture the club will f lush any other parties out of the woodwork because - despite their failure to strike a deal with Murray - King and his consortium have yet to throw in the towel on their own ambitions.

They had put together a package worth around £18m but this was flatly rejected and Ellis drove the price up when he agreed to pay Murray more than £30m.

The club's debt has been reduced by around £10m since then but the selling price remains the same.

Now, quite clearly, Whyte believes he will be able to close the deal and the young gun must have said enough to impress Murray, who has stated all along that he will only sell the club to the right people - men with enough money to take the club forward.

Who knows? Murray may even regard Whyte as something of a kindred spirit.

After all, Murray was himself aged just 37 back in 1988 when he launched a takeover of the Ibrox club.

It was the beginning of one of the most successful periods in Rangers' history but Murray's aggressive pursuit of European glory eventually saw him writing the kind of cheques that his club could simply not afford.

Now Whyte is bringing his money to the table but it remains to be seen if he will adopt the same scatter-cash approach as the man who has owned the club for the past two decades.

But if he brings in even half of the number of trophies Murray delivered then the fans are unlikely to be complaining.

You could always split the band, citing creative differnces and go back to the Highland League.

I would vote for that, divorce made in heaven ;)

I've done a wee poll with about 50 Rangers fans that I know including my family.

I was utterly gobsmacked with what really is the agenda of the newco going to the 3rd division.

A few said they really couldn't care less it's not Rangers anymore and were season ticket holders,a few good people.

Around 10% said they should be in the SPL regardless of recent circumstances and looked forward to seeing SPL teams suffer because they are not there.

Around 40% said it's because that's were they should start from ! BUT ! so they can watch other clubs go to the wall and enter admin and liquidate :o.

Another 40% said just so they can watch the other SPL clubs that voted against them go to the wall or enter admin or get liquidated.

Boycotting ! 90% said they would boycott other clubs,and this 90% didn't even have a season ticket or even have been to an away game in donkeys years :o.The other 10% liked away games regardless.

The oldco's history and punishments !

All but 4 or 5 people said the history was gone and Greens team was a brand new team with no history and said the newco should accept the oldco's punishments to a point regarding the dual contracts if they want to be known as Rangers in any name.

The rest are confused stating it's a continuation of the oldco but is immune to any punishment from the oldco even though it is the oldco's history they want meaning they are the oldco and are liable for the oldco's history.At this point I nearly had a fight with my brother the die hard Rangers fan and he spouted out Big Jock Knew,54 titles WATP,the biggest most successful club team on the planet and still going strong,fcuk the pope and your a kiddy fiddling supporter.Needless to say I pissed in his coffee later as a lesson ha har.

So in reality the majority of the Rangers fans only want 3rd division football so they can watch the rest of the SPL suffer and not because this is by the rule book for a new club.The majority don't actually think they are a new club playing in a dead clubs stadium with no history as the history books will record,they just want to gloat about 54 titles WATP n most successful club team in the world n aw that.

About half still can't understand that EBT's were illegal they way Rangers used them,they only say EBT's are legal so why are we being punished and it was the players on the park who won them titles and Rangers could have afforded them anyway :blink:.

I thought I'd find more ragers fans with an open mind and understood what has happened ! but NO they just want to watch everyone suffer on their way back to lifting the SPL title in 4 years at a canter shouting 58 titles and still going strong.Yes they will include the 3rd 2nd and 1st to their title horde.

How did you communicate, did you give them biscuits if they answered?