Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So has this thread just descended into a Protestant/ Catholic slagging match now.

What a shame.

Makes me wonder if some of you are real fans of diddy teams or now because religion has come into it that you all feel the need to defend your "big" team.

Stop it now or this thread is finished !!!!

Not been to Kilbarchan then?

They weren't happy letting the Christian religion get a foothold and as for those of an R.C. persuasion. :eek: Sellick fans are like hen's teeth there.

There is one who lives in Ewing Street but he's not a real 'Habby' but a Johnstone reject. I can't think of any others who openly support celtic right enough.

Bridge Of Weir is very much the same way only with a few more 'incomers'.

Folk are just honestly airing their experiences.

It can be a good thing to get all this shit in the open.

Having said that , enough is enough and I would be

happy if we were to move on.

If you pretend you're talking about people discussing homosexual encounters that's a really funny paragraph

So has this thread just descended into a Protestant/ Catholic slagging match now.

What a shame.

Makes me wonder if some of you are real fans of diddy teams or now because religion has come into it that you all feel the need to defend your "big" team.

Stop it now or this thread is finished !!!!

There's only one religion Buddism! (as in Paisley Bud-ism) That is all.

They weren't happy letting the Christian religion get a foothold and as for those of an R.C. persuasion. :eek: Sellick fans are like hen's teeth there.

OK I am in the 'let's forget religion' camp, but I've got to ask.

What were they in Kilbarchan before Christianity?

Druids?

My grandfather was born in and lived his whole life in Partick. Worked in the shipyards and was as hard as nails.

But the only time I ever heard him swear was 30 years ago when during a family party I asked him how come he was the first Jags fan in the family as all the rest of the family were Rangers fans.

His reply stuck with me. "I couldn't be arsed with all that fucking shit every week."

Everytime my dad and I go to Firhill I always remember my granda's words, and I'm so glad he decided to follow the Maryhill Magyars. smile.gif

you know what,i was also having my reservations on this one also.He writes some decent stuff,but seems so anti-Rangers for to be a true fan.

If blindly supporting the current nonsense coming out of Ibrox, and being unable to face facts means I'm not a true fan, then so be it. I take it all those supporters who threatened to boycott their clubs, refuse to buy season tickets, and who agitated for some justice in Scottish football weren't true fans of their clubs either? I'm happy to be numbered in that company.

I've lived abroad for decades. Rangers was the club I traditionally supported. I keep in touch as best I can, but someone like me is never going to be a weekly bum-on-seat supporter. And as I've repeated I'm a fan of Scottish football. It's my country. The reason I wrote here at all was because a question was asked about the global support. I volunteered an opinion from that perspective.

But if No8 is the benchmark for the modern, moderate supporter, then I fall miserably short. I've always thought it was possible to be a football fan and support Rangers. But if you now need the objectivity of a sheep to live up to the title of true supporter, I fail again.

I used to think there was a large, silent majority of decent Rangers fans ...

Edited by Danish Pastry

OK I am in the 'let's forget religion' camp, but I've got to ask.

What were they in Kilbarchan before Christianity?

Druids?

They still are. Kilbarchan is , shall we say, a little behind the times. ;)

Have Sevco signed Sandaza yet?

When do we expect news on the SFA licence?

What about a punishment for Ally's outburst - a fine?

When will Sevco announce their actual ability to see out a season?

Like Livvy - do Sevco need to put up a 'bond'?

When do we expect Sky TV to announce their intentions?

Will our game at Dens on 'Sell Out Saturday' be all-ticket?

Any input appreciated!

Like Livvy - do Sevco need to put up a 'bond'?

Any input appreciated!

I don't think Livvy needed to pay a bond for the Third, it was their inability to pay it that saw them removed from the First unsure.gif

Can I add to your list though and ask if they had to pay the £1200 application fee when they 'applied' to join the league ?

Kilbarchan is a special case, did you know it used to be the European capital of suicide?