Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Already been debunked, the League 2 playoffs at times get more than 50,000 and that is a 4th tier match.

I doubt they've even done any research, they're probably just assuming it's bound to be a record held in Britain. Crowds in the 3rd tiers of countries like Turkey, Germany, Brazil have got into 40,000s (even 50,000s) or more so unless they've done a fairly wide trawl it wouldn't greatly surprise me if a regular league match somewhere has surpassed 37,000.

If I was a betting man I wouldn't bet 37,000 was highest.

EDIT: Just as an example that I've found within 30 seconds... the Record claims they could also beat the 3rd tier record of 49,000 set in a 1979 Sheffield derby. But 51,000 were at Fortunda Dusseldorf v Werder Bremen II in 2009.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I doubt they've even done any research, they're probably just assuming it's bound to be a record held in Britain. Crowds in the 3rd tiers of countries like Turkey, Germany, Brazil have got into 50,000s or more so unless they've done a fairly wide trawl it wouldn't greatly surprise me if a regular league match somewhere has surpassed 37,000.

If I was a betting man I wouldn't bet 37,000 was highest.

It is the Record :D

Speaking of publications, the Orcs are in a stew over a rumour........

No idea if there's any truth in this, but I would seriously hope not........

New issue of Follow Follow fanzine is on sale tomorrow, but two seperate people have told me that the RFFF funds were used to pay for its publication.

It is the Record :D

Speaking of publications, the Orcs are in a stew over a rumour........

Another 30 seconds and I discover that a Regional-liga game Hannover v Energie Cottbus in 1997 drew 55,000 which is more than Ibrox holds. This is 4th tier nowadays but it was 3rd tier at that time.

EDIT: And the didn't even get the British 3rd tier record correct as it's 52,000 for Cardiff City v Bristol City in 1947.

One can easily see why I'm treating this DR assertion with a pinch-of-salt.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Another 30 seconds and I discover that a Regional-liga game Hannover v Energie Cottbus in 1997 drew 55,000 which is more than Ibrox holds. This is 4th tier nowadays but it was 3rd tier at that time.

and for 2nd tier.....

Apparently, on August 15 1973, 1860 Munich and FC Augsburg met at the Olympiastadion in the German second division in front of "over 80,000, an all-time record at the stadium". What's more, "after 1860 Munich scored an early goal, several thousand people still waiting outside flooded through the entrance gates. Some estimates claim as many as 90,000 people watched the game."

Jacobites and Jock Tamson from everyone's favourite blogger today: http://leggoland2.bl...rs-to-snub.html

Got to admit, I'm a bit disappointed in this latest rant from Leggo. It just doesn't seem to reach his usual levels of paranoid lunacy, we've become used to from him.

He normally seems to be descending further into madness with each blog. His last one included references to Naziism and even called Jim Traynor a "fine, hard working, honest, committed and professional journalist".

C'mon Leggo, get back on the super lager!

I doubt they've even done any research, they're probably just assuming it's bound to be a record held in Britain. Crowds in the 3rd tiers of countries like Turkey, Germany, Brazil have got into 40,000s (even 50,000s) or more so unless they've done a fairly wide trawl it wouldn't greatly surprise me if a regular league match somewhere has surpassed 37,000.

Lifted from Wikipedia :lol: Is this the honestly the standard of journalism accepted at this paper.

2 minutes maximum to find Brazil Serie D

59,966 for Santa Cruz

soccerway

Be interesting to see Sevco claim this World Record in a stadium that doesn't house that many while still claiming an attendance of 38,999

So there we have it. In the space of about an hour the claim of a major national newspaper regarding the setting of 2 "world records" is debunked by the combined efforts of a couple of blokes, internet search engines, and in my case the back of a used post-it note.

What an embarrassment of a publication.

What odds they still run with the claim on Monday anyway?

I note that he is not so mad as to allow comment on his blog. Silly, twisted old bugger.

He used to if you look at the archives but had to stop it due to bombs or such like.

It is disappointing his attacks on other journalists have stopped him commenting on Dundee United claiming they hadn't been paid. It would have been interesting to see who he'd side with - snakeoil salesman and proven liar Chalres Green, the bigoted and corrupt SPL or Peter Lawell's pal Stephen Thompson at Dundee United. His head would probably explode.

And still no mention of Odious Creep's weekly column at the fast fading Herald.

These are play-off games as opposed to "regular" league games surely?

Those 3rd tier ones like Fortuna Dusseldorf and Cardiff City aren't.

And even if you exclude Santa Cruz's game for being an elimination tie... a quick hunt on RSSSF finds 50,879 at Santa Cruz v Guarany on 5 Sep 2010, plus 45,007 at Santa Cruz v Central PE on 11 July 2009.

Serious question for Sevco supporters: Do you really still believe the positively spun sensationalist bullshit that tabloids such as the Daily Record print about your club !?!

I would have thought that all apart from the most mentally challenged of The WATP Sheeple would have woken up no later than January 2008 when the Sunday Mail (same company as Daily Record) printed their front page exclusive and 6 page story titled "£700m BLUE HEAVEN".

Those 3rd tier ones like Fortuna Dusseldorf and Cardiff City aren't.

And even if you exclude Santa Cruz's game for being an elimination tie... a quick hunt on RSSSF finds 50,879 at Santa Cruz v Guarany on 5 Sep 2010, plus 45,007 at Santa Cruz v Central PE on 11 July 2009.

According to this page

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2010/09/05/brazil/serie-d/santa-cruz-futebol-clube/guarany-sporting-club/1012379/

there were 47,159 at that game.