Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh, as you say, Happy Day.

Neil Patey, Ernst & Young, said: "By a majority of two to one, the tribunal has decided that the EBTs were loans and not taxable as remuneration so there is no additional tax to pay. Rangers have won the case."

Not since a P&B member revealed they operated undercover with other secret agents to bring Rangers to their knees have I laughed so hard.

At you.

laugh.gif

PS: you got that £20 handy?

Wrong....from FF

The ''side letters'' only stated the conditions under which finances would be put into a sub-trust. The player would have to apply to the trust to get a loan and the payment of the loan was discretionary, as Murray said.

Here:

Quote:Originally Posted by The Rangers Hub viewpost.gif This wee section of the reprt here kills their case stone dead:

"Whether the arrangement is viewed commercially or legalistically, the inexorable conclusion, in our view, is that the payments into trust became a loan and no more. They were not paid over absolutely and so do not become earnings or emoluments."

It does not mount to additional wages, but a loan. That's clearly established now by the FTTT findings.

There were no 'second contracts' relating to players pay, simple.

The SPL have no case simples

Lots f straws being clutched by the Rangers haters on this board.

We've all seen the list,now go lie down in a dark room as this result has undoubtably hit you very hard.

What will happen when the people on the list are questioned about the money, and say "But Rangers telt us we wid never have tae pay that back?"

Edited by paranoid android

You don't believe the hearing was cancelled because of the car crash do you ??

The word you're looking for is "postponed". And if I was a berr, I'd be pissed off, because that there verdict today basically sets out that rangers used dual contracts. It even uses the word "contractual" to describe the EBT payments.

Still, mibbes that's a good thing, eh?

Any road up, none of this actually affects the Tribute Act, so at least it makes Charlie's escape plan easier, now he knows he's only got to pay his "consortium"* before he fucks off.

*Definitely NOT Ticketus, or any MBB of any description, of course.wink.gif

Is it not the case that the company who "loaned" the money would have to pursue the re-payment of said loans.

Therefore, oldco Rangers would have to pursue the players with EBT's for monies owed?

Pretty sure that they won't do that so it seems that all is well?

Just a shame for you that the Tribunal and, therefore, the law takes a contrary view.

The way I look at it. Rangers owe me, you and anyone who pays tax in Scotland money. I doubt Rangers are out of the deep water yet.

Having said that, I want football to prevail. Wish everyone would just shut up about it and get on with things. I would place the blame almost entirely with "Sir" David Murray who put the club into this mess.

The word you're looking for is "postponed". And if I was a berr, I'd be pissed off, because that there verdict today basically sets out that rangers used dual contracts. It even uses the word "contractual" to describe the EBT payments.

Still, mibbes that's a good thing, eh?

Any road up, none of this actually affects the Tribute Act, so at least it makes Charlie's escape plan easier, now he knows he's only got to pay his "consortium"* before he fucks off.

*Definitely NOT Ticketus, or any MBB of any description, of course.wink.gif

I fear for this ones wife tonight

The way I look at it. Rangers owe me, you and anyone who pays tax in Scotland money. I doubt Rangers are out of the deep water yet.

Having said that, I want football to prevail. Wish everyone would just shut up about it and get on with things. I would place the blame almost entirely with "Sir" David Murray who put the club into this mess.

Shame that the law doesn't agree with you laugh.gif

Guest Kincardine

This is one of the more delectable parts of the whole saga. Let's just enjoy it until one of them realises that

3. Their "brilliant" verdict just confirmed that players were improperly registered for years.

Having posted a monumental amount of shite and got so much wrong regarding one tribunal don't you think you should caw canny a wee bit before predicting the outcome of another?

(Pity none of the usual suspects so much as glanced at the document before spunking all over the thread, but hey, what ye gaunnae do?laugh.gif)

I started reading it and have saved the document to my laptop.

However, after a few paragraphs I saw that one of the tribunal judges was Dr Heidi Poon. Decided that the rest of the report couldn't improve on that.