Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Apologies if this is a duplicate point.

I was wondering why Chuckie was going even madder than normal over the reconstruction idea of 12-12-18.

Does he not want to increase season ticket prices next season by a large amount (I remember 30-40% being mentioned a while ago). However would that not be a bit awkward when Sevco are in essence playing the same teams plus a few extra diddies, (mine included)?

Just a random thought before the company/ club crap starts again.

Apologies if this is a duplicate point.

I was wondering why Chuckie was going even madder than normal over the reconstruction idea of 12-12-18.

Does he not want to increase season ticket prices next season by a large amount (I remember 30-40% being mentioned a while ago). However would that not be a bit awkward when Sevco are in essence playing the same teams plus a few extra diddies, (mine included)?

Just a random thought before the company/ club crap starts again.

I think it is actually a duplicate point.

Green was spitting tacks about this last week, saying something about the fact that if reconstruction comes around, he would have to look elsewhere outside Scotland for an alternative - IMHO trying to get to play in England, but at God knows what level.

The 30-40% increase, I believe, is over a number of years, and not just in one year. I think it's about 10-15% per annum.

I think that this might also be part of the reason that he went Tonto last week. Amongst other things, his ability to push the ST costs through the roof was restricted somewhat when he realised he would probably be in a similar league next year.

Reconstruction might save the Bears getting ripped off for once. That can't be a bad thing for the Supporters, for a change.

Green has a talent for delivering soundbites which tell the fans what they want to hear but his throwaway comments have a habit of coming back to bite him.

Last week he claimed to have settled the debts to European clubs run up by the oldco, only for Rapid Vienna to state on Sunday that they have yet to receive the balance of the transfer fee for Nikica Jelavic, subsequently sold on at a profit to Everton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9798913/Rangers-on-course-for-title-but-still-need-recruits.html

Oh dear. :lol: :lol:

And, I'd forgotten about this one.

Chief executive Charles Green claimed last summer that 19 potential signings had been identified, with five of them competing at the European Championships.

Just who those international stars were, and where they are now, remains a mystery but they certainly failed to end up at Ibrox.

:lol:

Rangers FC Official @RFC_Official 1h

LATEST: Charles Green says that most fans do not want the 12-12-18 model & that he is backing a 14-14-14 set-up: bit.ly/W3jpvm #RFC

Not ideal but still better than the 8 - 8 -8 - 18 one. We'd still be in the bottom tier so the P&Bers can't rant about that but it does seem to be a fairer system.

Rangers FC Official @RFC_Official 1h

LATEST: Charles Green says that most fans do not want the 12-12-18 model & that he is backing a 14-14-14 set-up: bit.ly/W3jpvm #RFC

What I don't understand is that the sole reason Chuckie was livid at 12-12-18 as the rest of this season was pointless. This is even more pointless as there will be even less variation in the teams Rangers International Football Club PLC play next season.

Why the change of heart?

FWIW, I prefer 12-12-18. Both proposals are imperfect but 12-12-18 will see Rangers International Football Club PLC f**k off and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

Good luck in the European Super League.

PAST LINKS BETWEEN ENIC AND RANGERS 2ND BIGGEST SHAREHOLDER ! blink.gif

Hargreave: Why I’m investing in Rangers Football Club

LINK.

"The best way to make a small fortune from a football club is to start with a large fortune", a famous saying goes, but Marlborough’s Giles Hargreave believes he has found an investment opportunity that could prove this wrong.

The high likelihood of Rangers Football Club moving back up to the top level of Scottish football makes it an undervalued stock that is well worth investing in, according to FE Alpha Manager Giles Hargreave.

Rangers collapsed into administration earlier this year and were kicked out of the Scottish Premier League, leaving them in the Scottish Third Division.

The newly reformed club launched a share issue on AIM in December, and small cap stalwart Hargreave – along with FE Alpha Manager Paul Marriage – was a significant investor.

"It’s the 12th-best supported club in Europe, and in the UK, Manchester United are a bigger brand, but there aren’t many other brands that are bigger in the UK," he said.

"The club has said it will only stick one-third of its turnover into player wages and with the merchandising potential, if the club does that, it will be significantly profitable and remain so."

The company was launched onto the AIM index on 19 December 2012, and data from FE Analytics shows that the share price has risen 17.76 per cent already.

Performance of stock since launch

20130111_rangers.png

Source: FE Analytics

Hargreave says that one major advantage the stock has is that the company is free from debt, having recently emerged from administration.

It also owns its own stadium and training ground, and is still pulling in fans despite playing in a lower league, meaning that cash-flow remains healthy.

"The cash-flow, profitability and balance sheets – it ticks all the boxes," he said.

Investing in football clubs is often considered to be risky, as financial success is, at least to some extent, dependent on success on the field.

Not only are financial prizes awarded for wining competitions and achieving higher league positions, but the marketing potential of a club is hugely affected by its success on the field.

However, Hargreave thinks that the high likelihood of Rangers swiftly moving up the league system minimises the risk in this area, and means the stock is still undervalued.

The club is sitting 17 points ahead of its nearest challenger in the Scottish Third Division, making promotion this year look extremely likely.

The last home league game drew a crowd of 46,406, meaning that support is still strong despite the lowly league position, and suggesting that revenues – from ticket prices at least – will stand up.

Hargreave has previous experience of indirectly investing in a football club as a director of ENIC Group – the firm that bought Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – but he says Rangers is his first direct foray into the sport.

The five crown-rated Cazenove UK Smaller Companies portfolio, managed by Paul Marriage and John Warren, has also taken a position in the company, although it is not a top-10 holding.

Legal & General and Artemis Investment Management also hold large positions, amounting to 3.07 per cent and 6.58 per cent of the company respectively.

While Cazenove Capital Management holds 3.76 per cent of Rangers, Hargreave Hale is the second-largest shareholder after the company’s chief executive, holding 7.6 per cent of the club, according to figures from Investor Ease.

From DueDil: Mr Giles St George Hargreave

Enic Group 07 Nov 1995 — 31 Mar 2003 (7 years, 4 months, 24 days) Director; Retired

Enic invested in Rangers in 1996. Now I don't know how much Mr Hargreaves may have been involved in ENIC's investment in Rangers. Perhaps that investment was discussed when he was not present. Equally ENIC's decision to go all in on Tottenham and divest their stakes in other clubs, crystalising losses (ultimately £31m) in the Rangers investment was perhaps also discussed when he wasn't present. I believe ENIC decided to try and sell their Rangers shares back in 2001 but it took until 2004, after Mr Hargreaves had retired from the board, to do so.

I guess my question is "if Mr Hargreaves experience as a director with ENIC at the time of their investment into Tottenham is pertinent, why isn't ENIC's investment in OldGers?"

I agree that if Rangers can keep salary costs down to 1/3 of income they might make investors some money - that would be a heck of a change from 2009 when wages were at 77% of turnover. Even in 2010 (last audited accounts) the wages were at 50% of turnover (turnover was up £16m on 2009 based on Champions League revenue) - that makes both figures c. £30m in wages by my reckoning.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/past-links-between-enic-and-rangers-2nd-biggest-shareholder-by-ecojon/

I'm surprised Mr Hargreave didn't give some background knowledge of what went wrong when he was an Enic director when it lost over £30m of its £40m stake after investing in Rangers. huh.gif