Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Really? Please explain...

What do you expect from someone who has convinced himself that the whole club/company thing is true? He's obviously an intelligent guy too. Wacky world of Rangers supporting these days I guess.

If opinions of other fans on a football forum mean so little to you, why do you spend so much time arguing your interpretation of things with them?

Henrik, on this and any other forum fans outwith Rangers fans give scant regard to the legal opinion of such law lords on this subject because it's not what they want to hear, however where it's applicable i'll give more weight to such opinion and put forward such opinion when we have fans intent on disregarding this sort of opinion and finding.

This is the reason why i'll argue others interpretation of topics if the relevant topic has been subject of legal definition and opinion. In this respect i'll take the legal opinion every time,i may not always like legal opinion but i will accept it. Now if it's football instead of legal standing then i'll accept that everyone has there own views on a game or managers and players but when it comes down to argument of legalities,as i've said i'll accept the legal finding. Because to be quite honest in my opinion 99.9% of fans that use forums are well out of their depth on legalities on subjects such as this, myself included.

Yes it was a bank debt but it was a debt that was being serviced year on year,Whyte however brought this club more debt upon it with the Ticketus debt,HMRC debt,football debts. Within a 9 month period he added to the debt of the club by bringing in this debt. The PLC was liquidated for the approx sum of £56 million,although the potential EBT debt was put forward for voting purposes by HMRC. Whytes actions brought on the liquidation and there is no way he reduced that debt. Now maybe my figures are out,although i don't think i am with the £56 million.

My point was that the £18million was only a part of the debt when Whyte took over. If you were comparing like with like (bank debt with bank debt) then the correct line is 'Craig Whyte took over when the debt was £18million but this was zero when Rangers were liquidated'.

I frustrate you?

www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-soccer-fu

You don't, my lack of ability to teach does. I feel all people should be entitled to true knowledge, I feel I have let you down by allowing Chucky and Jabba to brainwash you. I am sorry Tedi, I thought I would be able to save you after you managed to grasp the five stars thing through my tutelage but you are a lost cause. :(

Debt is only part of a business's liabilities. For example, Celtic's debt was said last year to be about £7 million. However, their total liabilities were around £44 million.

What's the distinction though? I'll give you a clue: Debt is money or resources that will be transferred out of the company at some point in the future. A liability is money or resources that will be transferred out of the company at some point in the future.

Youngsy is right but i think he's getting a bit carried away about it tbh, I'm not alone and I'm not likely to start a terror group so just take it as words man. I've yet to meet a Rangers fan since it happened that isn't raging at all the clubs, the SFA/SPL whoever. Ill bet there are bears who are from Gorgie hoping Hearts go bust and bears from Motherwell seeing their home town club struggling and are glad about it it makes me sick. Right from the off the officials of the club started making enemies out of the rest of Scottish football so apache Son has a point also. It started that way but to settle the argument youngsy is more right than yourself apache don.

Jack D and Coke,i'm not getting carried away on this by any means,i personally just have the opinion that anyone who states they are an enemy of a football club,any club,is being a bit pathetic,not just yourself but any person. It's a sport not a war,people should remember that.

Henrik, on this and any other forum fans outwith Rangers fans give scant regard to the legal opinion of such law lords on this subject because it's not what they want to hear, however where it's applicable i'll give more weight to such opinion and put forward such opinion when we have fans intent on disregarding this sort of opinion and finding.

This is the reason why i'll argue others interpretation of topics if the relevant topic has been subject of legal definition and opinion. In this respect i'll take the legal opinion every time,i may not always like legal opinion but i will accept it. Now if it's football instead of legal standing then i'll accept that everyone has there own views on a game or managers and players but when it comes down to argument of legalities,as i've said i'll accept the legal finding. Because to be quite honest in my opinion 99.9% of fans that use forums are well out of their depth on legalities on subjects such as this, myself included.

Youngsy, I am out of my depth when I put my socks on in the morning ;)

Glad to see you have stopped insulting me, especially as I showed you the same courtesy, there really is no need for it.

I have no idea about employment law Stoney, never really got involved in that debate, I have read this it is all part of a process which is still going on.

Uefa are really not very good an updating the information on teams who no longer play in the top division, they did update the only page that contains information about Rangers on the 8th of December, clearly this meant that they think of it as the same.

They have not updated it since, however it still exists.

They also as you pointed out have sporadically updated Dunfermline`s page with a cup result.

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=53034/domestic/

But since the 5th round ties have been played, yet do not show, then this confirms the sporadic nature in which they update things.

You do realise that it is the member associations that decide things like Football History, not UEFA.

You do realise that it is facts which determine real things like history. History is being rewritten all the time Tedi as facts are unearthed. History is written by whoever has the biggest voice at the time but is revised as facts are unearthed, so to speak. For example until the past month it was accepted that Richard the third had a withered right arm, this was factually inaccurate and has now been revised after the discovery of his remains.

I remember a former Dumbarton supporter that used the Ahbergreen name a fair bit.

Letting the mask slip there?

Ah. Thanks for that - I've had this Dumbarton thing for months and hadn't a scoobie wtf folk were on about.

Either way, I still only have (and have ever had) one account and that's it.

You are correct.

If the Scottish Footballing Authorities revise things then I will accept it, for now I am content with the version they put forward.

They already have, through an independent panel, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21268775 it was the club not the company in arbitration, the SFA have been told that according to their rules the club did not transfer.

Edit to fix link.

Edited by stonedsailor

They already have, through an independent panel, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21268775, it was the club not the company in arbitration, the SFA have been told that according to their rules the club did not transfer.

There's a danger in relying on a media report. For example, it starts "Rangers newco has been refused permission to continue an arbitration process". "Newco" = new company.

Moreover the action referred to will continue, via another process.

Does that make the question that none of you can answer any less relevant?

As i answered your question, can you give an explanation as to why UEFA recognise MEMBER clubs historical timeline that have been through similar to Rangers and yet Rangers ,a member club, should not have their continuity recognised by UEFA. Remember now,not all that have went through this have cleared any debt but have still have their timeline recognised. Why not Rangers,where is the difference.

As i answered your question, can you give an explanation as to why UEFA recognise MEMBER clubs historical timeline that have been through similar to Rangers and yet Rangers ,a member club, should not have their continuity recognised by UEFA. Remember now,not all that have went through this have cleared any debt but have still have their timeline recognised. Why not Rangers,where is the difference.

Rangers are c***s? :unsure:

Jack D and Coke,i'm not getting carried away on this by any means,i personally just have the opinion that anyone who states they are an enemy of a football club,any club,is being a bit pathetic,not just yourself but any person. It's a sport not a war,people should remember that.

Is this a two way street, ie do you have the same opinion on anyone Rangers connected who spouts the enemies line?