Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think most people's opinions were influenced by what had gone before when poorly registered or illegally registered players were discovered at a club. Spartans might want to consider suing the SFA after getting kicked out of the cup, for instance.

The players weren't ineligible though. Look at point 6 in the summary.

'Minor admin errors' aren't actually too far off what Rangers have been punished for.

Confirmed again in black and white that the rangers are a new club with no titles. If chuckie says anything about this then you need to wonder why as the oldco has f**k all to do with sevco.

The fine is payable by the old company, now in liquidation, and not

Charles Green's new company, which purchased the club's assets in July

yip pretty clear its a new club

I think many non-Rangers fans are going to clear out of this thread quite sharpish.

Rules were clearly broken but, much like the big tax case, things were definitely blown way out of proportion by those demanding punishment.

I've only read the summary, but the punishment does look fair when you consider that this was an independant panel doing their own investigations.

Not at all, Kyle. For all the berrz trumpeting para. 6 of the judgment, they're keeping pretty quiet about para. 5. "Scale and extent of proven contraventions" sounds pretty much like cheating to me. As I posted earlier, and have done many times, titles was mainly a pissing contest between the Uglies (although I still feel asterisks should be used against all rangers competition results for this period) - the main thing was for them to be held up as cheats. This has happened, against my expectations, so on balance I can look at the Tribute Act in D3 and be satisfied that never again will they become the malignant force they once were. As I said before - They're guilty. That's going to have to do.

So what do Rangers fans think of this 'Kangaroo court' now? It's clear you were given a fair hearing, and it wasn't influenced by the SFA/SPL (or if it was, it's just as easy to argue that they were trying to favour you).

Edited by Kyle

I think it's only right that the frustrations you feel should be met by a complete refusal by plastics and diddies to attend games.

Integrity.

At least we plastics and diddies fans attend games unlike the sevco posters on here. At least our clubs don't cheat. At least we support our clubs with passion.

Not at all, Kyle. For all the berrz trumpeting para. 6 of the judgment, they're keeping pretty quiet about para. 5. "Scale and extent of proven contraventions" sounds pretty much like cheating to me. As I posted earlier, and have done many times, titles was mainly a pissing contest between the Uglies (although I still feel asterisks should be used against all rangers competition results for this period) - the main thing was for them to be held up as cheats. This has happened, against my expectations, so on balance I can look at the Tribute Act in D3 and be satisfied that never again will they become the malignant force they once were. As I said before - They're guilty. That's going to have to do.

It seems to me though that they just didn't disclose these letters, and it would have had no effect on their ability to register these players. They've broken the rules, or cheated, whatever people are happier saying, but the weight of it isn't nearly as heavy as I think most people (including most Rangers fans probably) expected. Non-disclosure is obviously quite serious, but in real terms so is a £250k fine.

Not sure anyone can really argue with this as people have been talking about proportionate punishments all the way through this. Considering the commission's findings, this looks fair to me.

So what do Rangers fans think of this 'Kangaroo court' now? It's clear you were given a fair hearing, and it wasn't influenced by the SFA/SPL (or if it was, it's just as easy to argue that they were trying to favour you).

I still think it was a ridiculous error from start to finish. I had no faith in the commission - I'm happy to confess that I'm as amazed by the outcome as I am delighted.

And what now, for example, the the absolute fannies at the SFA and SPL who used title stripping as a bargaining chip when negotiating the five-party agreement last summer?

They presumed guilt - Doncaster and Regan have to go. They have served no one in Scottish football well.

Charles Green says his decision to refuse to allow Rangers to be stripped of titles in the summer has been “justified” by the verdict of an SPL commission.

Having purchased the club’s assets in the summer, the chief executive was asked to surrender league trophies in return for the new company being transferred the oldco’s membership of the Scottish FA.

Green refused to agree, with the membership then being transferred subject to a different set of conditions.

A commission chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith ruled on Thursday that players were ineligible to play for Rangers between 2000 and 2011, but the club has retained five leagues won during that period.

“This justifies me not rolling over at the start of the season when I was asked to sign documents accepting title stripping,” Green told STV.

“It would have been easy for me to sign that and say I accepted it. But I wasn’t willing to do that.

“There is no guilt on Rangers Football Club. The guilt and the fine is on the old company."