Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No one has ever disputed there is a new company,the whole argument has always been about club continuity and recognition of that continuity by football authorities and going by the summation of the SPL Commission the club continuity is recognised as the same club from 1872. As for the fine,personally speaking i'd accept that being looked upon as a football debt to be paid by the club,no problem whatsoever.

I still don't understand this. It's basically deflection.

If we are supporting companies instead of clubs, I think I'll switch my allegiance to Microsoft then.

We've made 8 versions of Windows. How many have SevCo made? None! GIRUY!

How are the old Caledonian and Inverness Thistle these days?

Oh that's right they're dead because of greed.

^ ^ ^ typically deflecting attention away from Rangers dying-type post IMO.

I sat in a wee cafe on Sunday happily smoking away on my wee e-cig. Fuckin great wee invention - all the good bits of smoking and none of the shitey bits.

Three weeks now - near £300 better off already, coughing stopped and all the rest of it.

Couldnae recommend them highly enough.

Aye same, mate. £70 a week on ciggies. :( Been giving the wee e thingy some serious thought recently. Heard good reports about it :)

You picture Easter Road where crowds are up 7%. No sponsors or TV have pulled-out. No SPL clubs have folded. What's your point?

Same old nonsense .... The SPL is dying ob its arse and we all have eyes and see the empty stadiums week in week out on sportscene.

you just keep telling yourself everythings fine. Wait until next season when hibs don't have the season ticket sales of the back of cup final ticketd

isn't Leeds Road now builders' warehouse or something now?

Sorry, slipped into a wee "in-joke" shared by me and a couple of Huddersfield-supporting mates. They, like me, have a bad attitude over stadiums named for their sponsors/benefactors. Hence, we still go to Boothferry Park, and refuse to acknowledge the abomination that was KitKat Crescent.... :blink:

Leeds Rd is now a shopping park - I think the pitch is under what is now B&Q.

Strangely enough, The Terriers' new* ground is occasionally known as the builders' yard, due to the McAlpine name - it's had another two titles since then.

Daft, but there ye go....

*"New"? It's been nearly twenty years, ffs! Time does speed up as you get older, obviously. Why, I remember the time.....

Same old nonsense .... The SPL is dying ob its arse and we all have eyes and see the empty stadiums week in week out on sportscene.

you just keep telling yourself everythings fine. Wait until next season when hibs don't have the season ticket sales of the back of cup final ticketd

It was no better when Rnagers were in it though mate.

Dimmo Nimmo's Enquiry.

I see Iain Blair was called as a witness

Evidence was given by Iain Blair, the Company Secretary of the SPL. (He is also
Secretary to this Commission, but no objection was made to his being called as a witness.)
Part of his role involves supervising the receipt and processing of the contractual documentation
disclosed by SPL member clubs in relation to players employed by those clubs. This processing
involves checking that the contracts contain all of the information required by the SPL Rules.
And Campbell Ogilvie
Mr Ogilvie learnt about the existence of the MGMRT in about 2001 or 2002, because a
contribution was made for his benefit. He understood that this was non-contractual.
Although as a result he knew about the existence of the MGMRT, he did not know any details of it. He
subsequently became aware, while he remained director of Oldco, that contributions were being
made to the MGMRT in respect of players. He assumed that these were made in respect of the
players’ playing football, which was the primary function for which they were employed and 14
remunerated. He had no involvement in the organisation or management of Oldco’s
contributions to the MGMRT, whether for players or otherwise.
He said: “I assumed that all contributions to the Trust were being made legally, and that any
relevant football regulations were being complied with. I do not recall contributions to
the Trust being discussed in any detail, if at all, at Board meetings. In any event, Board
meetings had become less and less frequent by my later years at Rangers.”
He also said: “Nothing to do with the contributions being made to the Trust fell within the scope of my
remit at Rangers”.
However it should be noted that Mr Ogilvie was a member of the board of directors who
approved the statutory accounts of Oldco which disclosed very substantial payments made under
the EBT arrangements.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? :whistle

Aye same, mate. £70 a week on ciggies. :( Been giving the wee e thingy some serious thought recently. Heard good reports about it :)

Make sure and get the good ones though - some of them are cheap and nasty - especially try online. I've been using them for a couple of years now (not giving up, but using as a replacement). I now go through about 15-20% of the baccy I used to. You'll find yourself smoking a hell of a lot less anyway, even without making a conscious effort. Mrs WRK hasn't had a real fag for 2 years now. PM me and I'll point you towards a few good sites for the various bits and liquids.

I was on 50/day - and knew after the first hour of the e-cig I was free of that mental daily bill. Health wise the best bit so far has been the complete disappearance of the coughing.

Not having to skulk about outside is a liberation - the money? I've got my eyes on a fancy dan Gibson guitar and I've always wanted to go to Japan.

Since I've chucked it, I have now have two pals who've done it, too. It's a cake-walk.

Dimmo Nimmo's Enquiry.

I see Iain Blair was called as a witness

Evidence was given by Iain Blair, the Company Secretary of the SPL. (He is also

Secretary to this Commission, but no objection was made to his being called as a witness.)

Part of his role involves supervising the receipt and processing of the contractual documentation

disclosed by SPL member clubs in relation to players employed by those clubs. This processing

involves checking that the contracts contain all of the information required by the SPL Rules.

And Campbell Ogilvie

Mr Ogilvie learnt about the existence of the MGMRT in about 2001 or 2002, because a

contribution was made for his benefit. He understood that this was non-contractual.

Although as a result he knew about the existence of the MGMRT, he did not know any details of it. He

subsequently became aware, while he remained director of Oldco, that contributions were being

made to the MGMRT in respect of players. He assumed that these were made in respect of the

players’ playing football, which was the primary function for which they were employed and 14

remunerated. He had no involvement in the organisation or management of Oldco’s

contributions to the MGMRT, whether for players or otherwise.

He said: “I assumed that all contributions to the Trust were being made legally, and that any

relevant football regulations were being complied with. I do not recall contributions to

the Trust being discussed in any detail, if at all, at Board meetings. In any event, Board

meetings had become less and less frequent by my later years at Rangers.”

He also said: “Nothing to do with the contributions being made to the Trust fell within the scope of my

remit at Rangers”.

However it should be noted that Mr Ogilvie was a member of the board of directors who

approved the statutory accounts of Oldco which disclosed very substantial payments made under

the EBT arrangements.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? :whistle[/size] [/size]

Good post mate y'know someting "Administrative error" is the new "honest mistake," a byword for officially sanctioned cheating,fact.

Day of tears for you, it is not over yet ;)

Some great evidence in the report. The Mark Daly EBT letters are there for all to see. Players mentioned by name. Some brilliant letters from Martin the permatan man, And the ducking and diving evidence. Will be great when they appear under oath in a public court trying to play the 'I know nothing card'. :lol:

The guys at BDO must be loving this as they work their way through the liquidation with the Fraud squad standing by. :thumsup2