Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think they had to make a stance with that one though. You know they would have got complaints from the obsessed by not condoning racists. If it turns out he's had nothing to do with Whyte I would bring him back in a heartbeat.

Green never really convinced me, too much bluster and not enough substance. We really need stability more than anything.

You have 2 accounts.

You have made 2500 posts in 3 months.

By definition, your a sad twat :lol:

It's you're not your. Are you brain damaged by any chance? 

Like av said. Am.on my phone and couldn't care less. Explain why I would know to put an apostrophe between could and not but not know the difference between you're and your. Is this correct ? You're a wee bigoted cretin with "too" much time on "your" hands.

Green never really convinced me, too much bluster and not enough substance. We really need stability more than anything.

I personally think we were a lot stronger with him being the at the forefront of our club. Don't get me wrong there were times where he said things that he shouldn't have but he stuck up for us more than anyone did.

I tend to think the racist comments did for Green, more than the allegations of links with Whyte.

Doubt exists about the nature of any Whyte connection, but none existed about the language he used to refer to his friend. Once sponsors started commenting on it, his number was up.

Like av said. Am.on my phone and couldn't care less. Explain why I would know to put an apostrophe between could and not but not know the difference between you're and your. Is this correct ? You're a wee bigoted cretin with "too" much time on "your" hands.

That didn't make much sense whatsoever.

I tend to think the racist comments did for Green, more than the allegations of links with Whyte.

Doubt exists about the nature of any Whyte connection, but none existed about the language he used to refer to his friend. Once sponsors started commenting on it, his number was up.

He could have handled it a lot better than what he did, that was probably only time I didn't agree with him. Even if he didn't mean it in a racist way he still shouldn't have said it especially now days where everything comes under scrutiny from the PC brigade.

He could have handled it a lot better than what he did, that was probably only time I didn't agree with him. Even if he didn't mean it in a racist way he still shouldn't have said it especially now days where everything comes under scrutiny from the PC brigade.

The PC Brigade. Sigh.

If there really were such a brigade, I'd be very keen to join. The move towards encouraging people to be sensitive in their use of language has been a force for good in society.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The PC Brigade. Sigh.

If there really were such a brigade, I'd be very keen to join. The move towards encouraging people to be sensitive in their use of language has been a force for good in society.

Don't you think people can say those sort of things without it being racially motivated though? Charles was from an age where that sort of thing was acceptable in Britain, Imrad his self even said that he wasn't a racist.

Aye OK Alf Garnett :rolleyes:

Is GreenockRover a moderator then?

It struck me as a bit of an arbitrary decision to be honest.  If the above criteria were sufficient to close each thread, we'd have none left, certainly in this section of the site.

Discussion had strayed, but I really don't tend to see that as a problem.  I wasn't aware that starting a thread rendered you its owner.

Seems that if you start a thread you can lock it whenever. Like you say, it didn't stick out as particularly poor; but if GR wanted it locked, it's locked. 

Personally, I find it fascinating, if slightly disturbing, to see some of the shyte that comes out from celtic and rangers fans when they descend into "aye but look at thame" mode. It makes the decision to follow other teams all the more sensible.

Edit: couple of words missing.

Sorry guys, back on the high seas again so I'm in catch up mode most of the time.

MT yes, post authors get to close or delete their threads. No, I'm not a mod.

I closed that one due to the way the usual cretins resorted to playing in their own excrement. Nothing more or less really.

Truth is also that, we'll, they've become more than a bit boring and predictable so I figured saving everyone the bother of reading their rehashed crap.....again.

I can reopen it if there's a desire for that, but most of the relevant points had been discussed.....?

Sorry guys, back on the high seas again so I'm in catch up mode most of the time.

MT yes, post authors get to close or delete their threads. No, I'm not a mod.

I closed that one due to the way the usual cretins resorted to playing in their own excrement. Nothing more or less really.

Truth is also that, we'll, they've become more than a bit boring and predictable so I figured saving everyone the bother of reading their rehashed crap.....again.

I can reopen it if there's a desire for that, but most of the relevant points had been discussed.....?

No it's fine - leave it be.

I thought there was some discussion bubbling away about the reasons behind Rangers signings last season, as an offshoot of what the document the BBC broke, had said about concentrating on youth in future.

I was just a bit surprised to see it all blocked, but you're right, the whataboutery boys had got a grip of things and that's never pretty.

Thanks for the explanation.

sorry to butt in, but has the argument on this thread really degenerated so much, that we are actually scoring points with regards to spelling?

I always think that you are admitting defeat when you go down that line with you're argument.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Aye, very clever.

Don't you think people can say those sort of things without it being racially motivated though? Charles was from an age where that sort of thing was acceptable in Britain, Imrad his self even said that he wasn't a racist.

We've already had this discussion AWRA.

The argument wasn't about what motivated the remark, or even how Ahmad received it. The problem was that Green made the comment in a newspaper interview in order to try and establish that the world had gone mad in frowning upon such things. He used language that many would genuinely find offensive, in order to make a wider point that many would genuinely find offensive.

I'm being serious when I say that Ahmad's personal views barely come into it.

The PC Brigade. Sigh.

If the PC Brigade actually existed in anything like the form that its detractors claim, almost all the people who whine endlessly about it would be behind bars, and News International and the Daily Mail wouldn't be the world's most popular media organisations.

Like so many other terrifying phantoms that have been raised on this thread, the PC Brigade is a politically useful abstraction that turns out to be just some journalists and a few idiots with websites when you try to quantify it.

I think they had to make a stance with that one though. You know they would have got complaints from the obsessed by not condoning racists. If it turns out he's had nothing to do with Whyte I would bring him back in a heartbeat.

I doubt that very much. You would, however, more than likely get complaints about not condemning racists.

We've already had this discussion AWRA.

The argument wasn't about what motivated the remark, or even how Ahmad received it. The problem was that Green made the comment in a newspaper interview in order to try and establish that the world had gone mad in frowning upon such things. He used language that many would genuinely find offensive, in order to make a wider point that many would genuinely find offensive.

I'm being serious when I say that Ahmad's personal views barely come into it.

I know where you're coming from by saying it's because he gave the interview to a newspaper and said what he did. But I doubt anyone would be different whether they found out he said it to the media or in a conversation with Imran. It would still be the same reaction.

******** no whit ur blocked cos u r 2 thick and brainless u stupid *** c**t up the ra

One of the parts of a conversation I had with some green and grey hoops fan on twitter after he commented on the Rangers official twitter.

What P&Ber was it. He has similar vocabulary to most on here.

Edited by As We Rise Again